Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#16 ~ Sing a Song Tour 2020 ~

Why on earth is the Kajiura family using e+ for everything… this stream overlaps with Hikaru’s Songful days performance on the same platform…

Guess I’ll be the only non-Japanese resident watching this ~legitimately~, thanks to a trick I learned a year ago.
:plot:

Why on earth is the Kajiura family using e+ for everything… this stream overlaps with Hikaru’s Songful days performance on the same platform…

Guess I’ll be the only non-Japanese resident watching this ~legitimately~, thanks to a trick I learned a year ago.
:plot:
@yuki.n will watch it too :3

Too bad about no audio for me. :/

Not that I want to be an ungrateful bastard, but I hope someone uploads the actual downloaded archive video, without transcoding.

Hi dears!! A small gift for the bilibili team YAY
I’ve never been so flipping excited. Omg. Listening at work.

fields of hope - shoulda given keiko more lines… sorry Kaori. Also they missed some harmonizations in the second set of verses “utagoe…subete(?) hajimaru…”

maybe tomorrow - ouch Yuriko sang the wrong notes for “deeper we sink in the darkness” during the bridge during “darkness”

Distance - shocked that lines weren’t given to Joelle… I guess for FJ songs they paid respects to Wakana by not reassigning her lines to Joelle?
Gaika - same as Distance

Aimer- cool.

Last edited:
I only started, Beginning was cute but, indeed, very odd energy choice for a first track and following up with Kioku no Mori didn't really help. Maybe if the drumming was more aggressive in the mix it would help with the energy. Alas...
Having said that I didn't know I needed Keiko performing Kioku no Mori until I heard it so GG. All the hiccups in Kaori's vocal performance once she joined in are a no-no though.
Unlike @ritarudandoo I personally thought Kaori was surefine in Distance. They should've ditched Keiko's solo and just committed to Kaori for the whole thing.
Fields of hope was Fields of hope. Setlist should've been more diverse. Plus unfortunate it's essentially a 2nd Kaori solo in a row.
(...)
Houseki was surefine except the violin but... the setlist really is bombing for me.
Gaika... eh... yea, this one is the first where I agree it wasn't "it". For me, Gaika's only attribute was that it was supposed to be "hypnotizing" so when you have Joelle singing it with her excitement and Kaori belting, it just doesn't work. That said, I also find the original boring moreso than hypnotizing so... Yuriko was lovely. ;)
(...)
I have nothing to say on moonlight melody and Hitorigoto. I kinda dozed off after Gaika and skipped around.
I didn't mind Kaori on Yakusoku at all. With less camera zooming, spinning lights (they really have no idea what to do with lives) and a more aggressive mix, maybe it could've been at least some hype. It was okay.
Hana no Uta was pretty much a CD recording with all dem strings playbacked and I also started skipping through it quickly.
Slightly better on I beg you but still, stringfest. One thing compared to other Aimer lives of I beg you (FROM WHAT I REMEMBER SO DON'T KILL ME STANS) is that Aimer does seem to be together with the rest here. Sadly, no matter how hard Aimer tries, this concert/stream doesn't seem to have any energy.
Dafuq is happening with the violin pitch on wonderland (is this Konno or the supposed multiplication effect lol). Actually really like how Joelle does the harmonies.
Haru wa yuku was A++ for the first verse and then lost me when strings kicked in, just like the original. Maybe even on the drums already. (I said it before but I actually really liked Aimer's piano only renditions for Hana no Uta and Haru wa yuku. Far more than the overblown originals.) Point of interest - Keiko's harmonies. Did they put some Aimer-filtering on her voice? It has a very interesting sound to the point that sometimes I wasn't sure if it's still only Keiko or maybe they left some of Aimer's original backing vocals in the playback.
Didn't mind Kaori taking over on eternal blue but it's not a song I go back to.
Didn't mind Kaori taking over on stone cold but it's not a song I go back to.
Yume no Tsubasa was surefine.

tldr: I really didn't mind any single song on its own (except the playbacked stringfests) or Kaori taking over on a lot of tracks (except Gaika) BUT the whole live was just ZZZZZzzz. The density of unexcitement. Setlist. Visuals.

Please release Studio Live vol1 reprise on Bluray with HQ audio. Thank you very much. ^_^

PS. Where did rit-chan's post go? it's now back below ;p

Last edited:
Review that will continue:

Beginning : The way Keiko sings remind me of how she sings Alleluia. Until the bridge i thought they forgot about Yuriko lol. Lovely performance from all of them *hugs*
Kioku no Mori: I knew it would be sung by Keiko and Kaori since it has similar style with the FJ ver of synchronicity :)) So nice!
Distance sounds great as well ^_^
Fields of Hope: I think Kaori is using too high pitch voice for this, it should ve been a bit lower. But overall its nice and so happy to see this song performed. Fingers crossed for "shinkai no kodoku" (Joelle) and "shoot!" (Keiko) to follow in future.
Houseki: Perfect performance ! Love the new guitar solo! I know this is a sad song, but Keiko cant stop her smile :D
Gaika: Im amazed how close to Wakana's Joelle's voice sounds here. I think her mic should be a bit louder because seems like even when its her turn to sing her voice is the lower while she does look like she's trying really hard to be loud.
moonlight melody : As sweet and happy as i remember it from the first performance <3
Hitorigoto was okay, i liked the instrumental the most.
Yakusoku: I loved this song ever since i was introduced to Kajiura <3 Kaori does a great job doing Yuuka's parts :) But i miss Hikaru from vol#4. They did a great chorus duo with Yuriko, and Hikaru's voice was somehow the closest to Yuuka's.
Hana no Uta: LOL nice trick hiding AIMER's face, with ray of lights like they do with patsu in ecchi anime lol Other than that its a perfect performance <3
I beg you: Glad that she doesnt hide from that point and then. perfect performance ^_^ except i didnt like how she started it a cappella.
MC (is it me or AIMER is a kinda too shy ? hehe :))
wonderland: perfect performance again! Love the harmony vocals <3.
Haru wa Yuku: Just perfect <3
MC I just want subtitles for MCs :touched: Joelle has a beautiful sweet, talking voice <3 All i understand from Yuriko's part is they talk about the Olympics.
eternal blue: Hm it basically became a Kaori solo song, but i dont mind since she sings it really well <3 and we dont hear BURU anymore.
I really wanna know what are all these weird instruments Obawo uses from time to time lol
stone cold: Perfect performance <3 I think Kaori was a bit tired in the beginning of it from eternal blue. LOL at Kajiura's dress tail having covered the whole piano seat, idk if that was supposed to happen but its funny XD
Yume no Tsubasa: Since Tsubasa Chronicles was my very first anime by Yuki Kajiura this song and dream scape hold a special place in my heart. I think they always perform this one in flawless way no matter how many times i hear it. I think now it has a better guitar solo.
Mezame: Since Kajiura has made so many SFX tracks the last 13 (?) years, she made that mezame spooky intro really well :)
Good idea to use Yuriko for the intro kajiurago. For the rest of the song i was mainly paying attention to Joelle. She sings really well but her voice doesnt stand out much unless the other 3 singing like in those few lyrics before the bridge (which she took from Keiko).
zodical sign: Oh they finally made a new intro bgm for it. Makes it more lively. I think this is the only one where Kajiura got to sing, but its not like she is heard lol The rest is just like the older lives of it.
02:11:22: Hi Yuriko :hi: lol
Maybe Tomorrow: Finally with proper english and a good voice at the same time :D Probably the only song where Joelle's voice shines, she should have have a bit more. I mean there are other english songs as well.

Overall im really really happy with this live. Maybe cause we havent had one in long time ? 10/10.

Last edited:
Hmmm thanks for the bilibili link. Watched until Hitorigoto and honestly I was bored lmao

Up until this point the live was pretty dry as it's 70% Kaori 20% Keiko 5% Joelle and 5% lalala aaaaaa by Yuriko 🤣. Miss Kaori pushing around those used to be Wakana's parts on Distance and Gaika hurt my ears. Mostly in Gaika as I skipped through it again and Distance was kinda okay. Gaika though, was very messy. I missed Wakana's straight delivery because it matched the coldness of the song. Kaori belting and pushing those notes around, Joelle in her own groove and Keiko + Yuriko being static made this very messy both to the eyes and to the ears lmao. Fields of Hope was zzzzzz Kaori was very nasal in her delivery at the verses of FoH she didn't sound like herself. They should've let Joelle mained the whole Gaika lol Kaori's chorus made me miss Wakana :( Houseki was really good though, best thing about this live so far - and not saying this as a Keikofan, but more because the guitar solo before the final chorus and piano solo near the end were really good, though Keiko did sound better compared to all previous Houseki lives. Moonlight melody was still cute, but Hitorigoto was also kinda eh. Yakusoku was another eh. Kaori tried hard to sing in a nasal tone to emulate Yuuka but just ended up sounding mostly annoying.

Can't really sleep so I continued watching. Aimer's section was fine - Hana no Uta was still boring, aimer tried to bring the energy up with I beg you but Kaori and Yuriko definitely weren't feeling it lol Haru wa Yuku was imo great, wonderland still wasn't doing it for me, still a messy and forgettable song.

The Kaori section continues with eternal blue, stone cold, and Yume no Tsubasa. They're okay. Joelle's bit in stone cold was lovely, definitely should've let her mained the reff. Mezame and zodiacal sign were there probably to hype up the audience for encore but they're already overplayed so no excitement for me. I'll die on the hill of "Keiko should kept her solo for maybe tomorrow" so I skipped it.

Tldr: the Kaori and Aimer show was okay but mostly boring. The setlist was boring, the muted stage and lighting definitely made it even more sleep inducing.

Best songs: Houseki by far, then probably Haru wa Yuku. Was kinda excited but this live's setlist was probably just Kajiura's apology to Kaori for the Yuriko and Joelle show from vol. 1 reprise 😂😂

Also the dresses were even uglier than I expected based on the pictures. What's with Yuriko's dress looking like tiles. Keiko was definitely uncomfortable with her heeled boot, probably because of the sharper heels and they're quite tall too. Honestly I was auite excited to watch this but maybe I just didn't realize that the setlist was kinda messy - as there was no really proper build up on the first half of the concert (very sleep inducing) while the second half was mostly louder and faster.

Last edited:
The setlist was boring, the muted stage and lighting definitely made it even more sleep inducing
Dis. And camera work. But I don't think I liked any of the filmed lives' visuals once my post-vol2-excitement died.

Edit: Just gib me studio live and Yuriko dancing giddily.

Last edited:
Oh lol I just got to zodiacal sign and Rie dancing. Cuteness. More energy than the entire concert.
Yuriko being a dork, too.

Here's a thought: maybe next time they can open with zodiacal sign and see what happens.

Back