Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#16 ~ Sing a Song Tour 2020 ~

They upload 2 fj lives with a month interval right? Then if they stopped, pretty much promotional-only vids on both companies then (Highway Star and FJM).

Btw @Justisamuel remember what I said about the FJ brand going to trashcan?
View attachment 24523
I'm wrong lol I'm expecting for them to use FictionjunctionMusic than Fictionjunction lol
Oh yeah haha. Hmm but nothing more than a hashtag I think? Or a mistyping....

Btw i agree that joelle sounded phenomenal in that medley, esp in alone but man wasn't she kinda uncomfortable to look at. She stood with her legs wide open, her dress was asymmetrical and had a very ugly silhouette. Her stage attitude was of such a festival singer, the kind where you don't really pay attention to how they look on stage. Imho not presentable for recorded performance and repeated viewings. yuriko's dress was also very badly tailored, also her part in contractor shouldve been given to joelle, she sounded like she's dying. the video was very awkwardly and quite unprofesionally spliced. Makes it very obvious that the performance wasn't from one day, as if their different hairdoes weren't obvious enough.

Alone was great, definitely preferred Joelle to Eri in vol. 10.

Bloody Rabbit likewise also great. Don't hate me, but I kinda preferred Wakana in vol. 10 over this version. I liked she belted the second section of "canti mora" in vol. 10 over Joelle's softer approach, felt that there was more oomph over this one. Could just be mixing though.

Contractor was imo better in vol. 10. Kajiurago sounded a bit off here. I agree with whoever said Yuriko sounded like a child here. A little ear-grating during her solo. Keiko sounded amazing in her solo. I'm not sure what it is about Pandora Hearts, but that soundtrack was tailor made for Wakana's voice, so it is odd not hearing her here.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...emergency-to-june-20-in-9-prefectures/.173304
The Japanese government announced on Friday that it will extend the state of emergency in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hyogo, Aichi, Fukuoka, Hokkaido, Okayama, and Fukushima to June 20, after its advisory panel approved a plan earlier in the day,

The nine above prefectures were originally scheduled to end their respective state of emergencies on May 31.
The government has also asked events to have no more than 5,000 attendees (or no more than 50% of capacity) and end by 9:00 p.m. Prior to the extension, the government had asked these establishments to close, and for events to have no in-person audiences.

Hmmmm...

Btw i agree that joelle sounded phenomenal in that medley, esp in alone but man wasn't she kinda uncomfortable to look at. She stood with her legs wide open, her dress was asymmetrical and had a very ugly silhouette. Her stage attitude was of such a festival singer, the kind where you don't really pay attention to how they look on stage. Imho not presentable for recorded performance and repeated viewings. yuriko's dress was also very badly tailored, also her part in contractor shouldve been given to joelle, she sounded like she's dying. the video was very awkwardly and quite unprofesionally spliced. Makes it very obvious that the performance wasn't from one day, as if their different hairdoes weren't obvious enough.
If that's what she needs to do to project that nice rich voice she has, then so be it. I'd rather have a singer own the song, vocally and physically, than have another dainty little pretty singer who hits all the notes but ultimately sounds devoid of power & emotion. I much more enjoyed watching Joelle over the other singers, because she is so expressive. Her heart is really in it, I love that.

If anything, you can kind of tell that the other singers were probably instructed to appear subdued & still, especially Keiko. The contrast to how she sings in Kalafina lives is stark. They should allow the other singers to be expressive to match Joelle, rather than Joelle sticking out like a sore thumb compared to the others. Not sure why that sort of expressionless-ness is desired with live events like this, maybe it's kind of a cultural flavor I don't understand?

If anything, you can kind of tell that the other singers were probably instructed to appear subdued & still, especially Keiko. The contrast to how she sings in Kalafina lives is stark. They should allow the other singers to be expressive to match Joelle, rather than Joelle sticking out like a sore thumb compared to the others. Not sure why that sort of expressionless-ness is desired with live events like this, maybe it's kind of a cultural flavor I don't understand?
????

Make it make sense.

Edit: From watching some youtube clips of Keiko's recent solo lives, I don't really think she emotes that much physically unless it's a track with lots of high note screaming. Then again, I'm talking out of my ass based on short clips.

Last edited:
I agree that in a performance of song, how the song is sang is much more important than how the singer looks. Focusing on looks is why modern music gets less good every next year in general. So i dont really mind what dress they wear or how they stand as long as they sound good, and that goes for all singers not just FJ.

????

Make it make sense.

Edit: From watching some youtube clips of Keiko's recent solo lives, I don't really think she emotes that much physically unless it's a track with lots of high note screaming. Then again, I'm talking out of my ass based on short clips.
I'm comparing it to Keiko's performance in Kalafina lives. Her face is alive, her emotions are vibrant. She sings with her heart. Her heart was not present in this recent live. Even in her quick solo during contractor, there was no emotion present. She was simply singing strongly. But emotionless. You really don't see the contrast between those performances? You don't make sense then. :P

EDIT: That also goes for all past FJ lives, where her big smiles and moments of tender sadness really carry through her voice, body, and face. You really don't see the contrast?? Really?

I see the difference between THEN and THIS (or even NOW, taking pripri, vol1reprise and her solo lives under the same umbrella) in Keiko.

What I don't see is why you would think they were suddenly requested to act subdued. I don't think Yuriko and Kaori act any different than in the past. They also aren't wearing bedazzled gowns. Asking Keiko specifically to do that also makes no sense to me. Like why? And then you also said you don't understand why "this expressionless-ness is desired" when you are the one suggesting it was requested? That made no sense to me either.

Does there really need to be a BIG BAD working from the shadows? Does there need to be DRAMA? Maybe Keiko's just not into it or is overworked in general.

Or maybe I'm getting older and don't care for forced drama.

Last edited:
Here's the setlist from the 1st soundtrack special, that someone has tweeted.
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s254...at+theAmphitheater%E3%82%BB%E3%83%88%E3%83%AA
(revision from https://www.ywykk-hkw.club/entry/2021/06/05/215240 published earlier by someone else, lol "deusolbert" becoming "display bird")

-> overture〜 untitled instrumental track from KNY the movie <- them not mentioning Homura means that it's something else?
-> no other new track from future works
-> no announcement
-> YORKE painting but nothing more
-> Some SAO Alicization & Lord El Melloi II tracks played for the first time :)

I would have loved to hear "find your sword in this land" during Vol.#15 T_T
Also I'm hoping that it is an extended version?
Setlists to be confirmed, I think I saw someone mentioning "he comes back again and again", but it was most likely just a random tweet.
EDIT: How stupid am I, the girls are not in the soundtrack special so how would they perform the vocals

Waiting for a full report ~

Last edited:
Even though I liked Alicization, 9 SAO tracks seem excessive hue. Was hoping for some more difficult piano tracks since Sakurada was there.

Oh wow, that is an interesting setlist.

Starting The Case is awesome, so nice to see that here. Though putting it after Closing The Case is a bit odd.

Prelude to Act One! And Numquam Vincar! Glad they put in those two! Also based on the Instagram Video of Shaylee singing Sis Puella Magica, I’m sure she would have done a great job here vocally.

Red Rose is back, so I’m hoping if we ever get to hear this version I’ll like it more than Eri’s Live. (I love Eri but I always have to turn the live off when she starts singing here). And We’re Gonna Groove, woo!

I’m extremely surprised to see Voyagers and Paradise Regained on the list.

Everything else I either haven’t listened to or need to listen to more.

Prelude to Act One! And Numquam Vincar! Glad they put in those two! Also based on the Instagram Video of Shaylee singing Sis Puella Magica, I’m sure she would have done a great job here vocally.
Prelude might have been what she was rehearsing in that instagram video.

Interesting how the vocals tracks are spread out. I always thought they would block them for guest performers but here it's basically all over the place.

Back