Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#16 ~ Sing a Song Tour 2020 ~

I think it was pretty good but what kills the mood for me is that they re trying to fool us again that they dont have playback strings while its obvious that Konno and a cello alone cant sound like a quartet.

Also is it me or the accordion guy looks like Severus Snape from HP ? lol

And yes Eri's dress is weird i think she pretends to be some kind of bird ?

Ugh I love live accordion but I can’t hear it at all over the playback and all the other sounds going on. I don’t even know if a different mixing would change anything because an accordion just can’t stand against an e. guitar

Someone mentioned before that rather than playback the violin and cello have a chorus effect. So they are playing, but the sound is multiplied.
TBH this time I think I could believe it? Because it often sounds like an overused cassette tape... lol.
Except there's still more than one violin line and cello so uh... yeah... And there are moments when neither is playing the melody on screen, unless they somehow loop it and/or transpose throughout the whole thing... Or maybe keyboards are helping... but it doesn't really look like it either.
Plus there's moments like 4:30 which take you out of it.

Eri was cool.
From the video I assume it was recorded at the Amphitheater...
I didn't really pay attention to inconsistencies in video editing so I wonder if they had footage from both days to work with...

Would be nice if they really released more videos from these lives but home-video-wise I'm still hoping for studio live on BD, rather than this.

Last edited:
Let's see if some Vol.#15 ~The Junctions of Fiction~ footage is part of the plan too. Knowing that they had cameras on the last day in Japan, I believe it will be released at some point...
"petals and butterfly ~ he comes back again and again" or "Lord theme" plzzz (I'm not that much into Vol.#16 SS & SAS)

Sato Yoshiaki looked like how he's always looked, the "I'd rather be anywhere rather than here" look. also, agree with about the strings playback because there's more than one violin and cello line. Despite them showing Konno and the cellist playing, the dissonance between what I'm seeing and what I'm hearing is kinda glaring and makes me kinda annoyed lmao because hey I see one violin and one cello but I hear strings. The duplicating thingy could be valid if there wasn't a second violin lines that were very audible. I also don't really like the plentiful shots of Kajiura and Konno where it looked like Konno was the focus but Kajiura was the one positioned in the middle. Pick one focus, cameraman.

Idk which one I like and dislike more, this one or the one from Kalafina blue day which obviously has real live strings but has that weird autotuned or smth Konno violin solo, long ass keyboard intro, and the louder and screeching guitar. They both have their merits and demerits.

Sato Yoshiaki's outfit was kinda cool though, it had that old and easily annoyed vampire aura, very fitting for his image. And I love Eri's dress. I prefer costumes like this where they go all out and just go for that extravagant look instead of all the curtains they keep giving for Joelle.

Okay that's enough of me being a negative Nellie 😂

Last edited:
they went the more money making way because aimer is much more popular than Kalafina and so many people who went to YKL 16 did so for aimer, Kajiura was the bonus. Also, Kalafina fans tend to be the hardcore ones who still don't accept Joelle singing Wakana's parts so they also chose the safer way. tbh the setlist isn't all that exciting but I'll take what i can get.

I think those hardcore fans need to get their ears checked. I too loved Wakana's voice before she started having issues, but after she did, Joelle is clearly better than her.

Joelle is technically miles ahead of Wakana even when Wakana was on her prime lol but I mean people are used to her voice for like 10+ years? It's not easy to detach themselves from Wakana's voice, esp in Kalafina. Iirc even Keiko said that Wakana is the voice of Kalafina? I kinda forgot. I'm alright with it, but obviously some people are not. It's her voice that people missed in Kajiura/Kalafina songs, completely setting aside how superior Joelle technically is.

Joelle is technically miles ahead of Wakana even when Wakana was on her prime lol but I mean people are used to her voice for like 10+ years? It's not easy to detach themselves from Wakana's voice, esp in Kalafina. Iirc even Keiko said that Wakana is the voice of Kalafina? I kinda forgot. I'm alright with it, but obviously some people are not. It's her voice that people missed in Kajiura/Kalafina songs, completely setting aside how superior Joelle technically is.
maybe it’s the fact that Joelle doesn’t struggle with her notes when doing Wakana’s lines — that’s what they miss. They love to see Wakana struggle to hit a note

Don’t get me wrong I love wakana - her solo career is very enjoyable for me.

Day, night....
they went the more money making way because aimer is much more popular than Kalafina and so many people who went to YKL 16 did so for aimer, Kajiura was the bonus. Also, Kalafina fans tend to be the hardcore ones who still don't accept Joelle singing Wakana's parts so they also chose the safer way. tbh the setlist isn't all that exciting but I'll take what i can get.
I also think Aimer is the reason. And for me is OK, Aimer+Keiko is the combo I was waiting. And we've got enough lives of "Kalafina" lol

Back