Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#16 ~ Sing a Song Tour 2020 ~

Oh wow..is this on her fb? I'm kinda looking at her twitter to see if there's any connection of her and Kajiura meeting and didn't find any XD
Found it on her instagram~
Her voice reminds me of soft Kokia and mild Remi. I could see why Kajiura decided to invite her :)
And in her bio it says she sings "Celtic/Healing/Pop". Perfect fit for Kajiura.
So that means she will just cover? Cause I assume if Kajiura invited her she would partake on a Kajiura OST.
New stuff in Kajiura lives (and Kajiura's music in general) is always good. I'm sure she'll sing in an ost in the future.

^ Maybe in the future. For Joelle it took her 2 years to be featured in a bgm (Deemo), if you except the unreleased L.O.R.D ones.
In Joelle's case, she was invited cause she sung for L.O.R.D as you mentioned but it escalated to main member . But I'm really liking this unpredictable situations right now lol.

New stuff in Kajiura lives (and Kajiura's music in general) is always good. I'm sure she'll sing in an ost in the future.
Definitely. But I wish she would be given a project without too much drama(SAO, Fate, Pripri/Deemo in the future). Can we get like...relaxing/healing type of anime next time? :XD:

Definitely. But I wish she would be given a project without too much drama(SAO, Fate, Pripri/Deemo in the future). Can we get like...relaxing/healing type of anime next time? :XD:

She never did any of those before though, only in non-anime format like Velveteen rabbit and Achilles to Kame or those movies from 90s, and, with the exception of Velveteen, they were all pretty boring.

The reason why I wanted her to such project cause producers already perceived her works with serious stuffs so they pretty much the only one to offer her this kind of works. I mean the interview with Deemo "it's a sad story so Kajiura it is" thing is like the norm lol.

I want something like beautiful visuals of mushishi / healing type like hakumei to mikochi. Or something fantasy shoujo like Akagami. I would love it if she could grab some projects like that. They can show some scenery for 5minutes with Shinkai's works with Kajiura OST and I would cry for that :XD:

Well back to topic XD
The guest vocal is not finalized yet right? Someone could still chip in?

Last edited by a moderator:
I want more folklore music like in "Laid Back-Camp" xD
Maybe Yuki Kajiura should give a try, I think she could be inspired.

Hmm... LiSA as secret guest ^^

My guess is Remi is her first choice, but she isn't available on that day, so she introduced Shaylee to Kajiura (since Remi and Shaylee have worked together before.) A guess is just a guess though...@~@.

Hey guys I read from H-el-ical's new post that Hikaru and Aimer will be alternating between the different dates of the live as guest vocalists!

Edit: once again I'm tardy to the party and I thought I was early but it turns out I walked into the wrong ballroom.

YKL with Kalafina covers. I think the most exciting part of this for me is 1. having YURIKO KAIDA on the live crew and 2. having Kajiura on keys. Since the only two times that Kajiura actually performed Kalafina songs with them IIRC was Anime Boston (Gloria, Kimigahikari ni kaeteyuku?) and red moon live (Kagayaku sora no shijima niwa on her birthday or something).

Can I start a discussion on Kalafina covers?
In YK's tweet - she specifically says that Hikaru's appearance as guest vocal is for the purpose of covering Kalafina songs.
Looking at past YK guest vocalists - they usually get around 2-3 songs maybe 4 max(?) if lucky.

Which leads me to, what would be YOUR Top 4 Kalafina songs you want to see covered by the FictionJunction crew, why, and how would you arrange the vocals?

Mine would be:
1. RED MOON
Why:
because I want to hear the thicc, meaty grandness of a 6-voice Red Moon.
Voices: KEIKO and HIKARU on their own parts all the way through. JOELLE on Wakana's part. YURIKO on all high Kajiurago in the intro and bridges, then doubling on Wakana's part during the refrains. KAORI doubling up on Hikaru's harmony line during refrain. YUKI on lower pedal points during refrain.

2. ALLELUIA
Why:
because this is another grand song that could benefit from having more meat. Also Yuriko can finally sing her rightful choruses live and not by playback.
Voices: KEIKO and HIKARU on their own parts for Japanese lines. YURIKO on all Wakana lines, including her Kajiurago bridges. JOELLE takes Hikaru's part and KAORI takes Keiko's part during Kajiurago bridges.

3. LIRICA
Why:
Because I love Lirica. Also because, as much as I love Wakana on Lirica, I'm most curious about hearing the operatic elements of Lirica performed by vocalists with a more classically trained soprano sound.
Voices: KEIKO on her own lines all the way through. JOELLE on Wakana part during verses. JOELLE and YURIKO doubling up on Wakana part during refrain. YURIKO solo on Wakana's Kajiurago bridge. HIKARU and KAORI doubling up on Hikaru's harmony during the refrain. KAORI takes Hikaru's harmony line during Kajiurago bridge.

4. ONE LIGHT
Why:
Because the Cross Stage with LiSA showed a glimpse of just how much the ridiculous shounen energy levels of One Light elevated when someone shouty and punky takes Wakana's lines during the refrain. And I want to see it the resident FictionPUNKtion KAORI xKEIKO - *flashbacks to Sychronicity in YKLive 2008* AND I want to see the Kajiurago bridge hand raising circle but with 5 PEOPLE!
Voices: KEIKO and HIKARU on their own lines all the way through. KAORI takes all WAKANA main melody Japanese lines. YURIKO takes all WAKANA's high harmony during Japanese lines. JOELLE double up with YURIKO on Wakana's line in Kajiurago bridge. KAORI doubles up on Hikaru's harmony line during Kajiurago bridge.

Extra thought - I hope they don't go with any songs Wakana and Hikaru performed solo at their lives recently (especially Oblivious) and Ongaku. at least for now.
Oblivious being the debut single and Ongaku being the signature climax for Kalafina Lives. Performing either of those with only one of the Kalafina members absent would look like such an ass move and woud hurt so many fans who are still getting over Kalafina's split.

SOOO. What do you guys think?

In YK's tweet - she specifically says that Hikaru's appearance as guest vocal is for the purpose of covering Kalafina songs.
Looking at past YK guest vocalists - they usually get around 2-3 songs maybe 4 max(?) if lucky.

Which leads me to, what would be YOUR Top 4 Kalafina songs you want to see covered by the FictionJunction crew, why, and how would you arrange the vocals?

Mine would be:
1. RED MOON
Why:
because I want to hear the thicc, meaty grandness of a 6-voice Red Moon.
Voices: KEIKO and HIKARU on their own parts all the way through. JOELLE on Wakana's part. YURIKO on all high Kajiurago in the intro and bridges, then doubling on Wakana's part during the refrains. KAORI doubling up on Hikaru's harmony line during refrain. YUKI on lower pedal points during refrain.

2. ALLELUIA
Why:
because this is another grand song that could benefit from having more meat. Also Yuriko can finally sing her rightful choruses live and not by playback.
Voices: KEIKO and HIKARU on their own parts for Japanese lines. YURIKO on all Wakana lines, including her Kajiurago bridges. JOELLE takes Hikaru's part and KAORI takes Keiko's part during Kajiurago bridges.

3. LIRICA
Why:
Because I love Lirica. Also because, as much as I love Wakana on Lirica, I'm most curious about hearing the operatic elements of Lirica performed by vocalists with a more classically trained soprano sound.
Voices: KEIKO on her own lines all the way through. JOELLE on Wakana part during verses. JOELLE and YURIKO doubling up on Wakana part during refrain. YURIKO solo on Wakana's Kajiurago bridge. HIKARU and KAORI doubling up on Hikaru's harmony during the refrain. KAORI takes Hikaru's harmony line during Kajiurago bridge.

4. ONE LIGHT
Why:
Because the Cross Stage with LiSA showed a glimpse of just how much the ridiculous shounen energy levels of One Light elevated when someone shouty and punky takes Wakana's lines during the refrain. And I want to see it the resident FictionPUNKtion KAORI xKEIKO - *flashbacks to Sychronicity in YKLive 2008* AND I want to see the Kajiurago bridge hand raising circle but with 5 PEOPLE!
Voices: KEIKO and HIKARU on their own lines all the way through. KAORI takes all WAKANA main melody Japanese lines. YURIKO takes all WAKANA's high harmony during Japanese lines. JOELLE double up with YURIKO on Wakana's line in Kajiurago bridge. KAORI doubles up on Hikaru's harmony line during Kajiurago bridge.

Extra thought - I hope they don't go with any songs Wakana and Hikaru performed solo at their lives recently (especially Oblivious) and Ongaku. at least for now.
Oblivious being the debut single and Ongaku being the signature climax for Kalafina Lives. Performing either of those with only one of the Kalafina members absent would look like such an ass move and woud hurt so many fans who are still getting over Kalafina's split.

SOOO. What do you guys think?

I think they'll cover Keiko's and Hikaru's main songs: Allelluia, Lapis, Seventh Heaven, Symphonia, Hikari no Senritsu, Aria, Sprinter, Märchen, Destination Unknown, Hoshi no Uta, Yami no Utai, Te to Te to Me to Me....

Anyway, I want:
Mata Kaze ga Tsuyoku natta: Hikaru and Keiko on their regular parts and YurikoXJoelle on Wakana's part.:plz:
Manten: Hikaru and Keiko on their regular parts and Yuriko on Wakana´s part.
Seventh Heaven: Hikaru and Keiko on their regular parts and JoelleXKaoriXYuriko on Wakana's part.
Hikari no Senritsu: Hikaru and Keiko on their regular parts and Kaori on Wakana's part. JoelleXYuriko on high harmony and kajiurago.

Last edited:
Might as well, hue.
Considering they're gonna be self covers, I think Kajiura will be making some changes to the songs. Either new harmonies, or completely new parts.
Lacrimosa: The kajiurago in all live versions has always been pretty lacking desu. And after a while, the main voice got to thin and not very lacrimosa.
I would put Joelle on main, Keiko her usual part, and Yuriko and Kaori on harmonies, and all of them on Kajiurago.
Hikari furu: no good live version. Even the recorded one is kinda spotty. Though for this one I would get Remi for main. Pretty unlikely, I know, hue.
Kimi ga Hikari etc: Kaori x Keiko duet, with just piano would be pretty sweet.
Fairytale: just so they can finally sing the kajiurago, hue.

Tbh, any song that was the three girls + Yuriko/Hanae will probably be improved.

I don't feel that there'll be Kalafina's songs only during guest session. I guess that the guest session will be Kalafina's songs with Hikaru as the main vocal, and those with Wakana or Keiko as a lead will be on the regular session.

For the guest session, I think that Aria and Magia have very high possibility to be in the list, and One Light is a good choice according to A.K.WIRRU's opinion. Even I agree that performing Ongaku would hurt Kalafina's fans feeling, I think that it's likely that they'll perform it since Keiko and Hikaru are very outstanding in this song, and I doubt that Kajiura would care about covering iconic songs of inactive groups. (I've cried when Kalafina covered Anna ni before. The more Kalafina covered the song, the more I feel that I wouldn't see See-Saw performing it again.) Personally, I want Signal, Neverending, Destination Unknown and Tsuioku.

I hope for Alleluia for Keiko. She really shines in this song. My personal choices are Kizuato, Red Moon and Consolation with Joelle on the lead. Wakana did a great job in these songs, but Joelle will sing it in a different way and it must be great as well.

Back