Yuki Kajiura LIVE #19 Kajifes 2023 - 30th Anniversary Live (Blu-ray releases / Box set announced for May 29, 2024)

@Kagaribi no Hanabira it's not hate. It's more like people are more open to Kajiura composing songs to new vocalists but let them be a separate thing, not be a mainstay in FictionJunction. And for me personally I think any of the 4 FictionJunction ladies could do a better job covering those Yuuka songs. It's even harder for a Keiko fan like me who wants to hear more Keiko solo but instead I (we) get these amateurs singing main vocals in 2-4 songs while Keiko only got one, even though if we're counting the harmonies then she'd be the one who sings the most - but, again it's a separate thing. It's already bad enough that Kajiura insists on giving nearly all her English songs to Joelle even though Kaori and Keiko did a great job already covering those songs.

Tldr it's just a Keikofag in me who wants moar Keiko lmao
Your comment reminds me that I also miss The world from Keiko…TwT. I’d like to trade some Junna or Asca songs (that they did so bad) with Keiko‘s solo as well.

The word “hate” I used may be a bit too much…it’s more like “strong disapproval”, I guess O__O. I should fix it. I don’t think they’re that amateur, but still not professional as well. More like they’re in the process of developing as a singer and adapting to Kajiura’s style. (I think I see some improvement from Rito, but not from Lino.)

Personally, I haven’t impressed with any Yuuka’s song covers from the present FJ members (except I think that it’d be nice if Keiko leads the cover of Nowhere, but I haven’t seen it yet), so I may be more open. However, at this point, I prefer the two girls as frequent vocal guests for pop songs (like Asuka, Yuuka, Hikaru, etc.) to the regular line-up as they have been labeled in official document for a while…=..=.

She’s as fierce as usual. She’s powerful, but sounded quite flat in some parts of the song
Yeah... I can imagine. She has issues with her vocals but I feel a lot of them are more mental now. I mean in her mind. Going flat is either a technique/awareness or a doubt issue in my observation. For comparison I think Kaori is fearless, but loses awareness often then goes flat, while Wakana sometimes had some doubt in her mind when singing (over-thinking) which reflected in her going flat at times.
Yuriko always made the live sounds more complete than the original live.
She always does! The true weapon of Kajiura's vocal firmament, in my opinion, with multiple high-level skills. You notice who she duets with especially when you have guest artists. She always fills in the vocal frequencies with any soprano duet partner she's paired with to support (REMI, Eir Aoi, Hanae, etc.) and also gives the distinctive color to the vocal FJ world.
Wakana’s voice really defines the song, and it becomes weird without her. On the other hand, I don’t feel that Wakana fits all Kalafina songs
Very important point. Wakana's natural timbre and fluttery vibrato/tremolo has painted the emotional colors of some songs and brought them to life in a way that blends with all the other elements that were written (vocals and instruments), in a way that Kajiura may not be able to achieve as well with a different voice, without changing other aspects of the orchestration (making it acoustic, doing it as a solo cover, etc.)
I love the duet-like part of Joelle and Yuriko in the bridge.
For me, Joelle and Yuriko work so well together. I would go as far as to say Joelle's bright tone blends better with Yuriko's in their duets and also their vibratos. They are able to match dynamics more finely. She also frees the need for Yuriko in some covers by being able to do a proper head voice (so, some of that upper range).
Her legato with high note was so impressive.
I have learned over time that having a strong grasp (stability and flexibility) over their head voice will enable a singer to be able to maintain a much more fluid and consistent tonal and dynamic energy (legato) in their higher-middle-to-top range. Joelle has quite good grasp of this.
I think her main problem is the breath controlling.
She breathes visibly, it's true, so she probably runs out of it a bit quickly.
Asca’s low note at the bridge sounded so similar to Keiko.
I actually prefer ASCA's start to "Soukyu no Fanfare" to Keiko's...
I always love the way she moves her body with the song though.
LINO LEIA is a performer and a real dancer (ballet, contemporary) so she interprets the music as she dances along.
While Yuriko and Keiko look very indispensable for FJ, Joelle and Kaori may be the ones in question.
Hmmmm. 🤔 I've often called Yuriko and Keiko the "heaven and earth" of YK's vocal landscape on several videos, and I think that's true. The others bring very important and unique elements but they are more interchangeable/replaceable.
I think that overall, they’re roughly in the same level as well, and also on the same as or higher level than most of other pop-singer guests.
I totally agree. That's why it bothers me at times why our FJ ladies are less successful solo, even though they're relatively vocally formidable. That's where the personal styling/branding, Japanese voice type, market positioning, and so on seems to be the separating factors.
Kaori’s strong point is her versatility,
That's true. She's able to sing multiple styles, especially soul/rock-related. She's also a bit experimental (like my darling Hikaru).
but she doesn’t possess powerful vocal
I would say Kaori's voice is not fundamentally weighty. It's mid-weight naturally. She adds more weight/power to it with her belt and heavy vibrato. She hasn't mastered using her mask to give it the ability to cut through that Yuriko has.
Rito looks more promising than Lino when it comes to versatility.
Exactly! rito is able to attempt multiple styles and tones. LINO LEIA currently hasn't been able to show much variation beyond her nasal, bright tone, and positive pop sensibilities. I can't really see LINO LEIA leading a relatively dark song like Magia (vocally or emotionally), but I can imagine rito attempting it. rito has a dark side to her presentation in some of her promotional photos and selfies.

Your comment reminds me that I also miss The world from Keiko…TwT. I’d like to trade some Junna or Asca songs (that they did so bad) with Keiko‘s solo as well.

The word “hate” I used may be a bit too much…it’s more like “strong disapproval”, I guess O__O. I should fix it. I don’t think they’re that amateur, but still not professional as well. More like they’re in the process of developing as a singer and adapting to Kajiura’s style. (I think I see some improvement from Rito, but not from Lino.)

Personally, I haven’t impressed with any Yuuka’s song covers from the present FJ members (except I think that it’d be nice if Keiko leads the cover of Nowhere, but I haven’t seen it yet), so I may be more open. However, at this point, I prefer the two girls as frequent vocal guests for pop songs (like Asuka, Yuuka, Hikaru, etc.) to the regular line-up as they have been labeled in official document for a while…=..=.
I suspect Kajiura is hedging her bets against any of the older ones deciding they're leaving to pursue solo 100% careers, like Wakana, who has crafted a classic vocalist niche/branding with her team. Though they get the benefit of the stages she is able to expose them too.

Kajiura needs new blood (vocalists) and they need to get very familiar with her unique worldview and her classically-based harmonic arrangements, which they may never have been commonly exposed to in their musical journey (I want to imagine they may have sung in choir in school).

LINO LEIA is a performer and a real dancer (ballet, contemporary) so she interprets the music as she dances along.
Oh…I didn’t know that. It’s impressive :D.
I suspect Kajiura is hedging her bets against any of the older ones deciding they're leaving to pursue solo 100% careers, like Wakana, who has crafted a classic vocalist niche/branding with her team. Though they get the benefit of the stages she is able to expose them too.

Kajiura needs new blood (vocalists) and they need to get very familiar with her unique worldview and her classically-based harmonic arrangements, which they may never have been commonly exposed to in their musical journey (I want to imagine they may have sung in choir in school).
Hmm… That’s possible as well. I hope that they’ll keep improving and finally be able to take some roles other than singing solo songs as lead vocals. (They’ve tried Sokyuu no fanfare and Image Theme of Xenosaga II already.) And probably become the new generation of FJ in the future.

TBH, I suspect that frequent Kaori’s mistakes in these days may be caused by the lack of rehearsal due to busy schedule…:(. (Many are about the lyrics, the beat, etc., that isn’t related to singing ability, but it’s about how you familiar with singing a specific song.) If we have 6 instead of 4 vocalists, the workload for each of them would be decreased, but it also means we can hear each of them less than what it was… Well…I think I’ll leave it on Kajiura’s decision then.

^ She probably learned her lesson from sticking to 3 vocalists for 10 years. with endless live performances and releases. She now makes lives tours once or twice per year, has more vocalists even by default plus the guests.

Honestly—and I’m speaking as a huge Wakana fan, and as someone who has been critical of Joelle’s live performances of the Kajiura classics—the idea that she should be replaced is utterly laughable. Yes, she isn’t Wakana, but who says that she has to be? Her jazzy background and rich voice make her more than capable to be a Kajiura vocalist, and FictionJunction has always been flexible to begin with. Yeah, maybe her vocal decisions don’t always work for me personally, but her work on Vice Versa, the LORD theme, Inside A Dream, etc? She has more than proven herself to be an excellent addition to Kajiura’s repertoire.

Also, I definitely agree with previous sentiments posted on this thread. Joelle’s voice is far more unique and powerful than LINO LEIA’s, and the reception she has gotten from those wanting her replaced definitely stems from Japan’s racial homogeny. And, sadly, her kind of voice is just less appealing to the J-Pop audience. While there are certainly artists who have made names for themselves with deep and/or striking voices (such as Aimer, JUJU, and, well, Keiko), they are the exception, and not the norm. And that’s really unfortunate.
This response is a bit late, but I'm always glad to hear a more nuanced analysis of any singer's vocals, including Joelle, who's one of my favorites.

She may be swimming upstream a bit in terms of optics in the main industry but she has shown herself to be versatile, and indispensable in the current FJ lineup, giving Kajiura more tools to work with on rearrangements.

I really seem to be getting a sense that Western-style/influenced singers don't often have great/charting success in Japan, though they may have niche or genre-limited successes, if they're really good. I am actually not that mad that Japanese tend to favor their own style (it shows that they're not overwhelmed by the US/Western styles, unlike South Korea), just that they should be more discerning of the quality of vocalists they prefer.

Oh…I didn’t know that. It’s impressive :D.
I read somewhere that she studied ballet in her younger years, and in one of her newer videos (the one where she wore a T-Rex costume) she wore ballet shoes and did the toe stand thing. I wouldn't be able to say if she's close to being a professional (probably not) or if she still does it for fitness.

Her graceful moves on stage seem to come from that bodily control and awareness that would come from getting dance training.

Kagaribi: thank you sooo much for your review! I was so curious for the new songs. So hearing how everyone was is pretty great! I do agree that some Kalafina songs may not need as much Wakana as Kajiura wrote, but it is what she chose. I am glad she was letting Keiko and Hikaru get more in the last single. But anyways. I am excited to hopefully see these covers. I also agree with some songs that sound better with Wakana. Like Gaika. I felt like Joelle sings it too happy, and that's not the feel of the song. But I can appreciate other singers singing the songs as well. In any case lol thank you again.

https://www.lisani.jp/0000248498/

梶浦由記の足跡を音楽で語った2日間の宴を振り返る――“30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 -Kaji Fes.2023-” ロングレポート​

梶浦由記の足跡を音楽で語った2日間の宴を振り返る――“30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 -Kaji Fes.2023-” ロングレポート
梶浦由記のデビュー30周年を記念してのコンサート、“Kaji Fes. 2023”が二日間にわたって開催された。梶浦が生み出した音楽と素晴らしいミュージシャンたちによって日本武道館はまるで大聖堂のように厳かで壮大、そして多幸感に満ちた空間が作り出された。訪れた人々は皆、音楽と共にある喜びを受け取り、かけがえのない時間を過ごすことができたと同時に、梶浦由記とはいかなる作曲家であるのか、改めて感じ入られる場でもあった。様々な想いとメッセージが込められ、“Fes.”という言葉が慎ましやかすぎると感じる二夜、梶浦由記の足跡を音楽で語った一代記かつ年代記(Chlonicle)そんな“Kaji Fes. 2023”を振り返る。
TEXT BY 清水耕司(セブンデイズウォー)

「楽しんだ者勝ち」というYK LIVEの宴​

定刻、会場が暗くなるとステージの下手側の端をスポットライトが照らし、その先に宮廷音楽家のような装いでアコーディオン奏者の佐藤芳明が現れた。弾き始めたのは「fake garden」。中央へ軽やかに歩きながらアコーディオンの音色をダンスさせ、これから始まるショーへと誘う道化師か妖精のよう。弾き終えた佐藤がステージから去ると、ピアノ越しにボーカルのYURIKO KAIDAの姿が見えた。梶浦由記作品や“Yuki Kajiura LIVE”(以下YK LIVE)で清涼たる声を響かせ続けてきた歌姫が弦四重奏を背に、ショートバージョンの「canta per me」を聴かせる。少しずつ並べられる前菜のように、得難きコンサートが徐々に幕を開け始める。
再び暗転したなか、荘厳なサウンドが流れ、梶浦らメンバーがステージ上に集結する様がシルエットでわかる。バイオリンが協奏し、始まった「the world」。会場からは手拍子が生まれ、ステージ前方にはモノトーンが基調となった衣装のレギュラー歌姫たちが上手から、KAORI、KEIKO、YURIKO KAIDA、Joelleの順に並ぶ。Joelleが伸びやかな声で歌の口火を切り、そして数え切れぬほど揃えてきた四声を聴いたことで観客たちは“Kaji Fes.”が本格的に走り出したことを肌で感じる。さらには次の「Liminality」で、梶浦から“ラスボス”とも称され、10年前の“Kaji Fes.”を筆頭に数々のYK LIVEで会場を圧倒してきた笠原由里の姿を見つけると、これから始まる祭典に心躍る。大海原のように歌声の波が観客席に押し寄せ、武道館がオペラパレスと化した。笠原の下ハモパートを支えたKAORIからの「in the land of twilight, under the moon」は、2つの旋律が並び立つ楽曲。KAORIとKEIKO、YURIKO KAIDAとJoelleが組のように、時に向かい合いながら声を交わしていった。20分に及ぶ一大序章は、レギュラー歌姫もゲストボーカルも登場することを実感させ、『NOIR』と『.hack』シリーズという初期劇伴楽曲を組み合わせたことで、これから梶浦の歴史をたどる旅路が始まることも実感させた。
2301102000-mt-002-1024x683.jpg

最初のMCで梶浦は、「皆さん、こんばんは。“Kaji Fes. 2023”、ようこそいらっしゃいました」と挨拶すると、“Kaji Fes.”についてや、梶浦楽曲では音を重視して意味のない造語が歌詞となっていることがあること、「楽しんだ者勝ち」という「YK LIVE」の特徴について紹介していく。そんな梶浦の背後にも話を聞き入る多くの観客が見える。“Kaji Fes. 2023”のステージ上は、中央に梶浦とピアノ、その斜め後方両側には梶浦の楽曲を長年支えてきたサポートミュージシャンたち「FRONT BAND MEMBERS」(以下FBM)、その後ろには一段高くなったステージが半円を描くように設置、という配置になっているが、さらにその後方、通常ならばステージセットやスクリーンのあるスタンドを「バックステージ」として解放していた。ステージとは「(バイオリンの)弦のフレームが見える」ほどに近く、梶浦は演奏するミュージシャンたちの「かっこいい背中」を堪能するように推奨していたが、梶浦自身も登場する歌い手もミュージシャンも、この日はその距離を楽しんでいた。
2301102000-mt-008-1024x683.jpg

レギュラー歌姫たちの紹介後、“Kaji Fes. 2023”では出演者全員に向けて「音楽を続けてきて変わったこと、変わらなかったこと」というお題をトークのテーマとして与えていることを伝え、笠原は「オペラを始めてから体が変わってしまった」「(肺活量が多いのでダイビングで)ボンベの酸素量が足りない」という答えを受け取った。
次は、深紅のドレスをまとったRemiを迎えての『ソードアート・オンライン』(以下『SAO』)のターン。フロアタムから始まる「swordland」、16ビートを刻むドラムや間奏のギターソロなどバンドサウンドが盛り上がる「she has to overcome her fear」、間にRemiからトークのお題の回答(変わったことは「夢を叶えたことでますます夢に貪欲になった」)をいただくMCを挟んで、アスナのテーマ曲である「luminous sword」を繋げた。YK LIVEを代表する光景の1つ=KEIKOとKAORIの息の合ったデュオが見られる「星屑」に、KAORIがメインとして赤木りえのフルートに負けじとロングトーンを嘶かせる「花守の丘」まで進むと、歌姫たちは姿を消し、再びアコーディオンがその場をリードした。曲は、哀愁のソロにボンゴやアコースティックギターが競演を見せる「we’re gonna groove」、2日間の中では数少ないインストゥルメンタル楽曲だ。歌姫たちの陰日向となりながらYK LIVEを盛り上げる楽器隊の魅力、ボーカルも歌詞もなくとも歌を感じられるメロディラインが梶浦楽曲の魅力を存分に味わわせてもらった。だが一方で、以前にYK LIVEでも実施されたことのある「Soundtrack Special」、インストゥルメンタル曲中心の公演を心から切望したくなる時間だった。
歌姫たちが戻ると描き出される時代はSee-Sawの頃。梶浦が艶やかなピアノを奏でるとボンゴやギターが加わる「obsession」では高みのステージにLINO LEIAが登場、Joelleを伴いながら徐々に力強い歌声を解き放つ。曲が終わると梶浦の指が鍵盤の上を楽し気に跳ね回る。歌い手は入れ替わり、ritoの瑞々しく生命力に溢れた声で「千夜一夜」が紡がれていったあと、ウインドチャイムが煌めき、チェロがうごめき、次なる曲が客席に献上される。初期劇伴からの曲目が並んだことで、不穏かつ緊迫感のある時間が続くセットリストとなっていたが、再登場した笠原による「Point Zero」、そして「salva nos」はその最高潮で、どこまでも響き渡る声は聴く者を圧倒し、ライブのクライマックスが訪れたような感覚に陥ってしまった。だが、まだ中盤に至ったばかり。ウインドチャイムの音色に洗い流された空間に、黒一色の出で立ちという女性が現れる。一聴しただけでその主が特定できる声と表現力の持ち主、Aimerの登場だった。ステージの下手寄りに立つ彼女が「花の唄」で作り出した唯一無二の空間は、ハーモニーとコーラスワーク、多くの楽器による重厚な音楽の満ちるYK LIVEでは特異な空間だった。だが、梶浦はAimerというボーカリストと出会ったとき、Aimerを際立たせる楽曲づくりに徹した。この日もAimerのための演奏、時間を用意したが、そこに梶浦の卓越したプロデュース能力、音楽的才能を感じる。
2301102000-mt-007-1024x683.jpg

気づけば「I beg you」まで10曲連続演奏という怒濤の時間が過ぎ、ようやくのMCに。ぴょんぴょんと跳ねながら梶浦にお祝いを告げるAimerによるお題の答えは、「ライブをやっているときにしか味わえない緊張感、ゾーンに入る瞬間が変わらず好き」。それを聞いた梶浦は、「ライブってビックリするくらい毎日違いますよね。18列目左から3番目のあなたがどんな服を着てるか、2階席1番前に座っているあなたがAimerさんに笑いかけるかで変わる」「ミュージシャンは単純なので3.8倍」はライブが盛り上がると話した。
歌唱前には腕を小さく回して体をほぐしたAimerと梶浦は、ライブ初披露の「櫂」。Aimerがいたから陽の目を浴び、アルバム『PARADE』に収録されたという同曲で2人は、ピアノと歌で会話し、時には実際に視線を交わし、梶浦とAimerは音楽の海へと漕ぎ出していった。Aimerは、自身にとって2023年のライブ歌い納めとなる「朝が来る」をレギュラー歌姫たちと共に歌い上げると、ライブは真逆の方向に舳先を変える。ウインドチャイムの煌めく音が、そしてイーリアンパイプの音色がほぼ全編で響き渡るインストゥルメンタル曲「My Story」へ。
続くMCで梶浦は、お題に対する自身の答えとして、曲を作る際に以前は「何もかも自分の想い通りにならないと嫌だった」が、「プレイヤーさんができる一番かっこいいこと」を求めるようになったら「音楽が8.5倍くらい楽しくなってきた」「人と一緒に音楽を作れるようになった」という変化を教えてくれた。
2301102000-mt-006.jpg

ここからが1日目のラストスパート。レギュラー歌姫4人が順に持ち味を見せる「Parallel Hearts」からの「stone cold」と通常のYK LIVE同様に観客を沸かせる、ステージが喝采を浴びると梶浦は次が最後の曲と宣言し、最後のゲストボーカルを迎え入れる。直後に現れた人物が発した言葉は、「こんばんは。Sound Horizon、Linked HorizonのRevoでーす」。Revoはお祝いの言葉、トークのお題に対する答えとして「物語を伝える音楽をやりたい。それは変わらず初志貫徹していくんだろうと思いました」と話す。そのあと、梶浦とRevoはこのあとに演奏する、『Revo&梶浦由記Presents Dream Port 2008』のメインテーマとして梶浦とRevoが共作した「砂塵の彼方へ…」について言及する。Revoが「今聴くとすごいいい感じなんですよね」と話すと梶浦も食い気味に「案外良い曲なんですよ、私も思った」と返し、お互いに自分が作曲した部分が曖昧になっているという印象に共感し合った。そのことについて梶浦は「『Dream Port』という機会はお互いにすごく良い影響を受け」ながらの共同制作だったからと話す。
件の「砂塵の彼方へ…」に対して始まりは、レギュラー歌姫、笠原由里、Remi、rito、LINO LEIA、そしてRevoの全員で合唱曲のように歌い、次は歌い手たちが自らの特徴を見せるように歌い継いでいく。バイオリン、アコースティックギター、フルート、アコーディオンも自らの存在感を出す構成は最後の曲にふさわしい。梶浦楽曲やYK LIVEでは希少な男性ボーカルを担ったRevoは、率先して手を鳴らし、身体を揺らし、記念すべき祭典に参加できる喜びと、最後を締める役割を全身で表現していた。そして梶浦とRevoがデュオを見せるラストに辿り着くと、それを讃えるようにほかのメンバーが体を揺らしながら“LaLaLa”で取り囲む。Revoは最後、ピアノを弾く梶浦のそばに近づいて咆哮を見せた。マントをひるがえし、「伝説のフェスだぜ」の捨て台詞を残したRevoが去り、本編は終了した。
2301102000-mt-003-1024x683.jpg

だが、当然のごとく拍手に押され、アンコールが始まる。ここでもイーリアンパイプから始まり、「the image theme of Xenosaga Ⅱ」、そして歌姫たちが縦横無尽にコーラスワークスを飛び交わせる「蒼穹のファンファーレ」で1日目を終えたが、全体的に初期劇伴曲が多く、「zodiacal sign」なども身を潜め、演奏曲が全曲異なって大きく様変わりするだろう2日目への期待が高まる終演だった。

梶浦由記の足跡を音楽で語った2日間の宴を振り返る――“30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 -Kaji Fes.2023-” ロングレポート​

梶浦由記の足跡を音楽で語った2日間の宴を振り返る――“30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 -Kaji Fes.2023-” ロングレポート

「記念すべき最後の曲はこの4人に歌ってもらおうと」​

2日目の始まりも、歌舞伎の止め柝のようにアコーディオンソロが開幕を告げる役目を担った。楽曲は初期劇伴の「street corner」。曲終わりに暗転するとステージ上に人影が集まり、まずは会場に音色を響かせたのは中央に座った中原直生によるイーリアンパイプだった。その音色に傾倒している梶浦が優しくピアノを合わせ、始まった「希望の光」。「Soundtrack Special」だった“YK LIVE #15”を思い出させる、インストゥルメンタル曲2曲でのオープニングから繋がったのは「prelude to Act1」。伊東えりを迎えての人気曲で、昨日とはまた違う熱を会場が帯びると、激しい演奏で聴く者も力の入る「Numquam vincar」に突入。ギターソロがうねりをあげるも、編成に入ったジャンベによる繰り返しのリズムがエスニックな要素を加味しながら、サウンドの嵐が聴く者に押し寄せた。続いて「Magia」のイントロが始まると昨夜と同じステージセットの、一段高いところにドレスをまとったHikaruの姿が。かつて何度も歌った曲を歩きながら、一層力強さを増したボーカルでバックステージに向けて聴かせていく。間奏で下りてきたHikaruは梶浦のピアノの前でKEIKOと声を合わせ、ラスサビでは高音を担うJoelleやYURIKO KAIDAとも目線を合わせていた。
2301102000-mt-004-1024x683.jpg

最初のMCではやはり“Kaji Fes.”についてと、レギュラー歌姫4人の紹介をこなし、そしてHikaruとトークを交わしていった。HikaruはKalafinaに参加し、梶浦から学んだこととして「“あなた”に」「一人ひとりに目を合わせ」て歌うことを挙げ、その成果を見せるように次の「storia」から3曲のKalafina楽曲で会場と心を通じ合わせていく。と同時に本編最後の「into the world」での彼女はKEIKOと笑顔で向かい合い、肩を組み、腰に手を回し、このうえなく楽しい時間を味わっていることも伝わってきた。
Hikaruを送り出し、梶浦が呼び入れたのは黒にスパンコールを散りばめた衣装のJUNNA。力強さと優しさを梶浦によって引き出された「海と真珠」から「太陽の航路」で彼女は、経験豊富なアーティストならではの歌声とステージパフォーマンスでとして会場を盛り上げる。冒険の始まりを思わせる勇壮な「time to sail!」では一転して、レギュラー歌姫たちも力強い表情でコーラスワークを展開し、ドラムとコンガのリズムに乗るストリングスやフルートの調べに合わせていく。先陣を切ったJoelleにKEIKOが低音を寄せ、KAORIが寄り添い、YURIKO KAIDAの高音がる「The main theme of “L.O.R.D”」でも4声の美しさを届けると、その4人全員がステージを去る。ギターがリズムを刻み、弦がメロディを奏でるなか、金のドレスを着た伊東えりが登場。「I talk to the rain」で冒頭から目を瞑りながら麗しのロングトーンを聴かせる。ひずませたギターの音、交わるベース、バイオリンソロ、四方から楽器の音色が耳を楽しませると、上段のステージにレギュラー歌姫も並び、「a song of storm and fire」へ。伊東えりを軸にした5声はその音圧で会場を圧倒していた。
2301102000-mt-012.jpg

歌い終えた伊東はMCに入ると持ち前の朗らかさで、「好きなことをやっていると健康でいられる」「皆さんも好きでしょう、梶浦さんの音楽。元気になりますよねー」と会場にも明るさをおすそ分けする。そのあと、梶浦が初めて伊東をボーカルに迎えた『ツバサ・クロニクル』からもう1曲、「ring your song」を披露した。梶浦のピアノから始まり、伊東が歌声を重ね、清らかで聖なる空間が広がっていったあと、歌詞の最後で観客は慈しみの満ち満ちた「you」を受け取った。続く曲は、タイトルに反した激しさを持つ「ことのほかやわらかい」。レギュラー歌姫4人の歌声がドッグファイトを繰り広げる戦闘機のように躍動する。梶浦のコーラスも加わり、赤いライトに照らされるなかで高速で乱高乱下した歌声を着陸させると、今度は特徴的なイントロが。白い衣装のASCAが歌声を乗せていく「夜光塗料」が始まる。JoelleとKAORIは2人で優しいファルセットのコーラスを差し伸べ、低いところからASCAの声と並んで歩くKEIKO。
MCで梶浦から紹介を受けるASCA。だが一時の間のあと、梶浦から「忘れてない?」の声。自分が話すターンなのを忘れていたASCAは慌てて「30周年おめでとうございます」を述べ、「静寂に包まれているな、と思いました」と照れ笑いを見せたあと、「他人の良いところを真似して変化していきたい」という自身のモットーを述べ、海外公演を重ねる中、笑顔でハプニングを乗り越えるハートの強さを持つようになったと話す。そんなASCAへ梶浦が初めて提供した楽曲「雲雀」でライブは再開、ASCAのソロにKAORI、間奏でJoelleとYURIKO KAIDA、そして間奏でフルートが軽やかに高く飛び回る。上段ステージに移動したASCAが歌い終えると、フルートとハイトーンが響くアウトロのあと、ASCAとKEIKOがそれぞれの妖艶さと可憐さを歌に込めた「君が見た夢の物語」に。ASCAのターンが終わると、代わりにステージ中央奥から現れたのは結城アイラ。FictionJunction ASUKAとして歌った「everlasting song」を披露する。アニメ『エレメンタル ジェレイド』挿入歌では英語詞だったが、ここではFictionJunctionの1stアルバム『Everlasting Songs』にも収録された日本語詞ver.。愛らしく心を豊かにしていく歌声が響いていく。結城とKAORIが目を合わせ、ボーカルを入れ替えると、KEIKOが結城を見ながらコーラスを加える。「everlasting song」はいつもYK LIVEの終演後BGMとして流れており、梶浦曰く「YK LIVEでたった1曲だけ必ずかかる曲」でもある。ある種、特別な曲をレギュラー歌姫たちも間奏でクラップし、想いを乗せる。その4人が英語詞のCメロを繋ぎ、その声を背に結城があとを継いで歌い上げていく。5人の歌声でとめどなく優しい世界が広がっていた。
2301102000-mt-010-1024x683.jpg

お題に対する結城の答えは、「最近は才能とコラボレーションさせていただく機会がたくさんあるなかで、小さな宇宙が大きな宇宙に」なり、「続けてきたからこそどんどん幸せになっている気がします」というもの。次に歌うのも、結城の明るい声が曲とマッチすると梶浦が見込んだ「世界の果て」。梶浦の歌詞の中では身近な日常を描いた楽曲の、その世界をどこまでも澄み渡らせていた。そこから1日目にも設けられたSee-Saw楽曲のカバータイム。まずは、YK LIVEの定番となりつつあり、JoelleとYURIKO KAIDAコンビの代表曲である「優しい夜明け」。歌い出しからJoelleは手を大きく動かし、彼女ならではの神秘性が楽曲に与え、BメロからはYURIKO KAIDAが加わる。ラストに向かって何度も向かい合って歌う2人は最後、客席に対して歌声を大きく届け、アウトロでは揃って同じ方向に体を揺らしていた。今度は「君がいた物語」の歌い出しで渾身の力強さを見せるJoelle、上段ステージにいるKAORIの歌唱が客席の心を揺さぶり、低音を這わせるKEIKOが拳を突き上げ、YURIKO KAIDAの高音が上空を切り裂く。客席の1人1人目を合わせるようにステージ全体をフィールドとする4人の歌姫。
演奏後は「お知らせタイム」として、東京・神奈川・大阪・愛知・埼玉を回る“YK LIVE #20”の開催決定、1年以上密着されたドキュメンタリー番組『6000曲の“パレード” 作曲家 梶浦由記』が放送されること、そして実現可能不可能はともかく、「『Kaji Fes. 2023』に漏れた曲で『裏Kaji Fes.』をやろうか」というアイデアがあることを告げたあと、梶浦は「まだこのライブは終わりません」と付け加える。その言葉通り、「かなり昔の曲なんですけど」との前振りから、少し切なくも安らぎのメロディをピアノで弾き始めると、純白のワンピースに身を包んだ女性が出てくる。曲は「Rainbow~Main Theme~」、歌い手はKOKIA。いつものように裸足で登場し、自身の歌を増幅するように手を動かし、繊細で透明感ある歌声を届けてくれた。KOKIAの歌声に対して「人間離れしているけどものすごく人間。土の匂いもするんだけど血の匂いもする」と梶浦が称した歌声はフルートや弦四重奏と競い、KAORIとYURIKO KAIDAと共に「風よ、吹け」を展開したあと、今度は青いロングドレスに黄色のショールで戸丸華江が登場する。梶浦が「戸丸さんの声で聴きたいと思って作った」という「lotus」に続いて、赤、白、青とライトが色を変えるなかで吸い込まれそうな魔力を帯びた歌声が会場を包む「inverse operation」、そして曲名通りに聴者を覚醒させる音圧を浴びせる「目覚め」を繋げていった。最後は上段ステージから爆発させるような壮絶な歌に対して、梶浦は直後のMCで「絶対戸丸さんからしか出てこないんじゃないかなという、響き渡った途端に気温が7.8度くらい下がる」歌声と話していた。一方の戸丸はトークのお題とからめ、自分の変化として「クラシックではない自分の可能性を見出していただいた」と返す。
FBMを紹介するMCを挟み、次は梶浦が楽曲提供した曲でライブ披露は初という曲を。それはKEIKOが歌う、『戦国妖狐 世直し姉弟編』のED主題歌「夕闇のうた」だ。自身が主となり柱となる楽曲でKEIKOは、KAORIとYURIKO KAIDAという安心感を抱きつつ、その強烈な表現力を思う存分さらけ出した。そして次なるセクションは、FictionJunction YUUKA楽曲4曲をカバーというフェスならでは時間。まず、ステージ上段に登場したritoがカバーするのは「荒野流転」。ライトの中で身をくねらせながら鋭いボーカルを聴かせ、その後ろでは、ダンスに目覚めたことが変わったことだと前日のMCで話したYURIKO KAIDAが。次は、JUNNAが自身の“Acoustic Live Tour 2022~「純喫茶」 Birthday Special”でもカバー経験のある「Silly-Go-Round」。歌姫たちのコーラスも力に変えて真っ直ぐに歌い切っていた。LINO LEIAはピンクの衣装でいつものように腕を大きく振って乱舞しての「cazador del amor」を見せ、「nowhere」を担当したのはASCA。「2階の皆さんもー!3階の皆さんもー!」の声に会場は声や拍手で盛り上がった。ひずむ音色でフィニッシュしたギターは、そのまま「zodiacal sign」へ。梶浦はバックステージに対しても隅から隅まで指差し、コンタクトを図っていく。来年で20回を数えるYK LIVEでレギュラー歌姫たちが、FBMが育て上げたライブ曲。曲中ではフルートの赤木りえとレギュラー歌姫たちがラインダンスのような振付を見せ、遠目でもわかるほどに梶浦も熱唱し、ステージ上の顔からは笑顔が絶えなかった。
2301102000-mt-011-1024x683.jpg

「歌姫たちが入り乱れての大乱戦」という時間を終えると最後の曲「into the world」。演奏前に、「自分の夢に向かって伸ばす腕って結局は自分の2本しかない」「でも誰かが引っ張ってくれる、手を携えてくれる、そういったときの喜びは自分の腕が2本しかないとわかってないと気づけない、そういう曲です(笑)」との説明を加え、Kalafinaとして何度も歌ってきたHikaruをまた迎え入れ、再び友情を確かめるKEIKOとHikaruを飲み込みながらステージ上はエンディングを迎えた。
無論、全曲を終えて退場する梶浦たちの背に浴びせる拍手はいつまでもやまず、長く続くアンコールのあと、梶浦たちを呼び戻す。アンコール1曲目はボンゴの小気味の良いリズムからの「red rose」。梶浦はイーリアンパイプの中原を見て微笑み、羽毛の飾りが周囲にたっぷりとあしらわれた「ジュリ扇」を振り回して歌う伊東に破顔を見せる。チェロはソロで第九「歓喜の歌」の一節を弾き、フルート、アコーディオン、イーリアンパイプが次々とソロを奏でると伊東えりがジュリ扇で扇ぐ。梶浦の後ろで扇いでいたときは梶浦に後光が差しているようでもあり、フェスを超えた楽し気な饗宴が繰り広げられた。
いつもは「あっという間」のライブが「あっ、あっ、あっという間くらい」だったという“Kaji Fes. 2023”。正真正銘のラストソングは「開催が本格的に動き出した頃から決めていた」という「Parade」だ。梶浦によると「Parade」は「アルバムで久しぶりにタイアップや提供といった使用用途のない」曲で、そのために「思った以上に正直な歌詞」「良い曲とかではなく、何年かに1回のマイルストーンみたいな曲。自分の中で残る曲になった」と感じたことを話す。そして、「最近のツアーメンバーは我ながらすごい、特に4人の歌い手さんはすごい」と思っていること、ハーモニーは上手い歌い手を集めても積み重ねがないと生み出せないが4名の歌い手が長い時間をかけて作り上げてくれたこと、を称賛する。だからこそアルバムで「Parade」を歌ってもらったとき、「すごく幸せだった」とも話す。ゆえに「記念すべき最後の曲はこの4人に歌ってもらおうと決めていました」と付け加えた。その言葉にKEIKOは礼をし、YURIKO KAIDAは目を潤ませた。
2301102000-mt-005-1024x683.jpg

YK LIVEと、この日の“Kaji Fes. 2023”の集大成となるラストソングは、4名から梶浦に対する感謝と愛情が込められた手紙となっていた。その情感に満ちた歌声が生まれる瞬間に居合わせることができ、会場も感謝を抱く。ただ、梶浦由記が率いるパレードはまだまだ続く。さらに積み重ねられた先に辿り着く先はどこだろうか――。CS放送TBSチャンネル1にて、2月には“30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 -Kaji Fes.2023-”のDAY1が、3月にはDAY2が放送されるので日本武道館に足を運べなかった人も想像を膨らませてほしい。だが、その音楽に魅了された人々で埋め尽くされた会場から生まれた拍手、そして梶浦の最後の言葉を聞いた今、これまでのYK LIVEと変わらず、音楽がもたらす幸福に満ちた場所であることは確信できる。

■30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 「Kaji Fes. 2023」
<2023.12.8 DAY1セットリスト>

・fake garden/TVアニメ「NOIR」
・canta per me/TVアニメ「NOIR」
・the world/TVアニメ「.hack//SIGN」
・Liminality/TVアニメ「.hack//Liminality」
・in the land of twilight, under the moon/TVアニメ「.hack//SIGN」
・swordland/TVアニメ「ソードアート・オンライン」
・she has to overcome her fear/TVアニメ「ソードアート・オンラインⅡ」
・luminous sword/TVアニメ「ソードアート・オンライン」
・星屑/FictionJunction アルバム『Everlasting Songs』
・花守の丘/O.V.A. 「真救世主伝説 北斗の拳ZERO トキ伝」 主題歌
・we’re gonna groove/TVアニメ「MADLAX」
・obsession/TVアニメ「.hack//SIGN」 OPテーマ
・千夜一夜/OVA『.hack//Liminality Vol.2』OPテーマ
・Point Zero/TVアニメ「Fate/Zero」
・salva nos/TVアニメ「NOIR」
・花の唄/劇場版「Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel]」Ⅰ.presage flower 主題歌
・I beg you/劇場版「Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel]」Ⅱ.lostbutterfly 主題歌
・櫂/FictionJunction アルバム『PARADE』
・朝が来る/TVアニメ”「鬼滅の刃」遊郭編” EDテーマ
・My Story/連続テレビ小説「花子とアン」
・Parallel Hearts/TVアニメ「Pandora Hearts」OPテーマ
・stone cold/TVアニメ「セイクリッドセブン」OPテーマ
・砂塵の彼方へ…/Revo&梶浦由記 Presents「Dream Port 2008」メインテーマ
・the image theme of Xenosga II/ゼノサーガ エピソードII [善悪の彼岸]
・蒼穹のファンファーレ/アニメ「ソードアート・オンライン」10周年記念テーマソング
<2023.12.9 DAY2セットリスト>
・street corner/TVアニメ「MADLAX」
・希望の光/連続テレビ小説「花子とアン」
・prelude to Act 1/TVアニメ「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」
・Numquam vincar/TVアニメ「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」
・Magia [quattro] /劇場版「 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」 [前編] 始まりの物語」EDテーマ
・storia/NHK「歴史秘話ヒストリア」OPテーマ
・君の銀の庭/劇場版「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」[新編]叛逆の物語」EDテーマ
・to the beginning/TVアニメ「Fate/Zero」 2ndシーズン OPテーマ
・海と真珠/TVアニメ「海賊王女」OPテーマ
・太陽の航路/TVアニメ「海賊王女」最終話EDテーマ
・time to sail!/TVアニメ「海賊王女」
・The main theme of “L.O.R.D”/映画「L.O.R.D: Legend of Ravaging Dynasties ~爵跡 無道王朝伝説 爵跡」
・I talk to the rain/TVアニメ「ツバサ・クロニクル」
・a song of storm and fire/TVアニメ「ツバサ・クロニクル」
・ring your song/TVアニメ「ツバサ・クロニクル」
・ことのほかやわらかい/FictionJunction アルバム『PARADE』
・夜光塗料/FictionJunction アルバム『PARADE』
・雲雀/TVアニメ「ロード・エルメロイⅡ世の事件簿 -魔眼列車 Grace note-」 EDテーマ
・君が見た夢の物語/TVアニメ「ロード・エルメロイⅡ世の事件簿 -魔眼列車 Grace note-」特別編 EDテーマ
・everlasting song/TVアニメ「エレメンタル ジェレイド」挿入歌
・世界の果て/FictionJunction アルバム『PARADE』
・優しい夜明け/TVアニメ「.hack//SIGN」 EDテーマ
・君がいた物語/ゲーム「.hack//Liminality vol.3」OPテーマ
・Rainbow~Main Theme~/映画「RAINBOW」テーマ曲
・風よ、吹け/映画「風よ あらしよ 劇場版」EDテーマ
・lotus/アルバム『FICTION II』
・inverse operation/TVアニメ「ヴァニタスの手記」
・目覚め/TVアニメ「舞-HiME」
・夕闇のうた/TVアニメ「戦国妖狐 世直し姉弟編」EDテーマ
・荒野流転/アニメ「幕末機関説 いろはにほへと」OPテーマ
・Silly-Go-Round/TVアニメ「.hack//Roots」OPテーマ
・cazador del amor/TVアニメ「エル・カザド」挿入歌
・nowhere/TVアニメ「MADLAX」挿入歌
・zodiacal sign/TVアニメ「アクエリアンエイジ Sign for Evolution」
・into the world/NHK「歴史秘話ヒストリア」EDテーマ
・red rose/アルバム『FICTION』
・Parade/FictionJunction アルバム『PARADE』

関連リンク​

梶浦由記オフィシャルサイト
https://fictionjunction.com/
Kaji Fes.特設サイト
https://fictionjunction.com/kajifes2023/

https://fictionjunction.com/information/11278/
MEDIA 30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 -Kaji Fes.2023-【DAY1】放送日決定!

CS放送TBSチャンネル1にて放送される「30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 -Kaji Fes.2023-」公演の【DAY 1】の放送日が2月24日(土)午後9時からに決定いたしました!

■DAY1
2024年2月24日(土)午後9時~放送

■DAY2
2024年3月放送

※DAY2の放送日時は決まり次第、TBSチャンネル公式HP、公式SNSにてお知らせいたします。

「スカパー!番組配信」にてPCやスマホでもご覧いただけます。放送から1週間アーカイブ視聴も可能です。

◇TBSチャンネル公式サイト
First day airing Feb 24.

In addition, the song Saijin no Kanata e (Revo) probably won't be broadcast as his name in guest day 1 not included. https://www.tbs.co.jp/tbs-ch/item/o2828/
I hope it's only this song that is cut :glower:
I thought the same when he didn't appeared at the end of the live for the end roll. Kajiura didn't mentioned him, and no one told her someone was missing (as it did happened on day 2 with Lino and Rito)

Did they sing the Kajiurago parts at the beginning of "everlasting song"? I read some comments and news, and it seems like there was a transition between Asca's department and Asuka's entrance, so I supposed that they jumped right into the Japanese lines. I really wish to see them sing those lines again.

Did they sing the Kajiurago parts at the beginning of "everlasting song"? I read some comments and news, and it seems like there was a transition between Asca's department and Asuka's entrance, so I supposed that they jumped right into the Japanese lines. I really wish to see them sing those lines again.
Like Yuriko Kaida sang on the Vol.#9 blu-ray? No they didn't as far as I remember.

I thought the same when he didn't appeared at the end of the live for the end roll. Kajiura didn't mentioned him, and no one told her someone was missing (as it did happened on day 2 with Lino and Rito)

it's true! he wasn't at the end of the concert...According to Revo's interview in the Kajifes pamphlet, he only attended to show off to the neighborhood children that he participated in the legendary Yuki Kajiura's festival (google translation)...:XD:

I think Asuka started singing in Japanese... I don't remember that they sang in Kajiurago at the beginning of the song...

Back