Yuki Kajiura Blog [11/04/12]

^ Good point. I'm almost six feet myself, so I think that me standing next to Korechan would look a bit odd :XD:

How tall is Korenaga-sensei then? It's hard to judge when I don't know how tall the vocalists and other musicians are...I'm only around 1m 70 though, so I'm not one to talk! :spotlight: I'd love to join in one of those wild bluesy jams I've seen him do outside of the Kala/FJ performances though. That man is a true pro...he plays like a BOSS. :stars:

^ All three of the Kala girls are around 5'2", and he's a few inches taller than them, so I'm thinking he's around 5'5" or 5'6". Sorry, I can only use American measurements :spotlight:

Same here! He became my favorite guitarist practically overnight. I've hunted down every single performance of his I can find on Youtube and Niconico, and haven't heard anything bad yet. I'm assuming you saw the jams he did with Nomura Yoshio on Nomura's old TV show - here and here? Those are both great :dote:

If you like, I could put together a few lists of his best stuff for you. There are some tech demos, live performances, and his work with Rebecca and Utsunomiya Takashi that are just awesome.

Re:

ninetales said:
^ All three of the Kala girls are around 5'2", and he's a few inches taller than them, so I'm thinking he's around 5'5" or 5'6". Sorry, I can only use American measurements :spotlight:

Same here! He became my favorite guitarist practically overnight. I've hunted down every single performance of his I can find on Youtube and Niconico, and haven't heard anything bad yet. I'm assuming you saw the jams he did with Nomura Yoshio on Nomura's old TV show - here and here? Those are both great :dote:

If you like, I could put together a few lists of his best stuff for you. There are some tech demos, live performances, and his work with Rebecca and Utsunomiya Takashi that are just awesome.
I don't really know anything about what he's done outside of his session work with Yuki, so if that's not too much trouble, I'd be really grateful! :plz:

By your reckoning he's probably around the same height as me then...but I'd still be too star-struck and over-awed to play a note...

I'm becoming a fan of Korenaga's too. I like his melodic sense and taste. He does just what the song needs. His melodic solos, like Toki no Mukou or stone colds ending, are beautiful - but the man also rock and make some noise like a true rockstar.
d5f02ecd.gif
I'm interested in that list, too, Niney :dote: :sohappy:

@ninetales: got the PM. Thanks so much! :sohappy:

@aero.senpai: Yeah. I really like the solo he did in the FJ live version of 'Houseki' for insance...it has a bit more tension and punch than the album version; he's really good at improvising on the general melody and enhancing it.

Of course, he still does the 'foot resting on the monitor and shredding away' thing, which is always fun. Seriously, who wouldn't want to do that on-stage if they got the chance? :idol:

^ You're welcome :sparkleguy:

I'm interested in that list, too, Niney :dote: :sohappy:

I'll send it to you too, then! :plot:

Anyway...if I started talking about everything I like from Korechan, I might end up going on too long...plus it'd be off-topic anyway. I guess I'll write down all my ravings the good points and post it in Otakuland. "Korenaga Koichi Discussion" :ohoho:

Back