Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2019 "Booklet with photos of trains & rail stations": COMPLETED

What idea should we do for 2019 YK birthday project ?

• Print poster with birthday wishes & send it to her with Kugayama (Kowz idea)

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • We Buy a gift and send it to Kajiura (Kirito's Idea)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Booklet of photos/pictures of trains and rail stations (Smiley)

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Post card from each country we are + message (tsubasa)

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So how big does the photo/photos need to be? Can I do multiple? I would like to show the inside and outside of the Chicago train station. I can ask my brother to put them in a collage format or if someone volunteers for the collecting and putting it together they could. I would also include a birthday message, but not sure what I'd say since I've written one each year. haha I guess something will come to mind.

So how big does the photo/photos need to be? Can I do multiple? I would like to show the inside and outside of the Chicago train station. I can ask my brother to put them in a collage format or if someone volunteers for the collecting and putting it together they could. I would also include a birthday message, but not sure what I'd say since I've written one each year. haha I guess something will come to mind.
Yes, multiple is welcome.
@george1234 shall we email our works to you
@D-chan2510 please help us to compile the book again

Yes you can but i wont be the one to compile as last year's no answer from Yuki equals to me as failure to my compilying. If D-chan agrees its better if you send them directly to her.

Sure, let me do the compiling.
Rather than send your materials by email, is it better if you guys just upload them to my google drive's folder and notify me on the forum?

Sure, let me do the compiling.
Rather than send your materials by email, is it better if you guys just upload them to my google drive's folder and notify me on the forum?

Thank you D-CHAN.

Yes, upload our works to your google’s driver will be more convenience to you. Please tell us how to do that.

Is there a due date yet for the compiler? I know books take a bit to get printed, so just wondering.

Are we going to give it to her in a concert or send it to her near her birthday ? at any case the due date will be around week prior to that day i suppose.

It will take around 10 days to print the book. I am planning to hand her the printed book during the autograph session in Hong Kong live on Aug 4 (preferred option). If not, I can give it to her in Taiwan on Aug 25. Both options will give the book to her in person, not to the gift box.

Yea, she will need to be careful then not to include the trash bin with the book in it in one of her twitter food pics that week. We all know what happened last year.

Yea, she will need to be careful then not to include the trash bin with the book in it in one of her twitter food pics that week. We all know what happened last year.
Harsh, but I can't disagree. I don't quite understand why there has to be a need for a creative-driven project that's frankly not all that interesting (last year's was polls of all things) when, really, just buying a gift would suffice. Not that I can't see the effort, and I really don't mean to undermine anyone's hard work, but something as simple as a necklace or a bracelet with a unique engraving with a heartfelt birthday card would make the present much more memorable than "a scrapbook for train stations from around the world." Yes, it was a vote. An earth-shattering 7 votes yay.

Generally, if you want to do something creative that's related to her music, do a cover. Can't sing? Draw fanart. Neither? Write a card and make a poster. Better yet, if you like the train idea so much, make the card have a pop-up train station and a message on it which she can display, idk.

To be fair, I don't send Kajiura-san a birthday present or a message anyway (despite sharing the birthday) because I'm really not all that interested in her life. I'm just a fan of her music.

You could ve voted the option of buying a present (that option has only 1 vote) if you didnt wanted the trains . And dont be so sure that the necklace will have a better luck if she doesnt like it. If creativity driven-gifts are so bad, then why did she replied all the previous 8 years ? lol If you think it was out of obligation, didnt that obligation exist last year too ?

I'm in the process of compiling the photos now... just want to make sure that we don't have a specific size for each page, right? I'm going with size 5x7 in inches-landscape orientation and will send the file in psd format, with all layers flatten. @Smiley and @D-chan2510 can tell me if you want some specific size/file type.

The printing company said if I can submit the file to them on or before July 24, I can collect the book on Aug 3.

Well, that's the closest I'm finding in this thread to a deadline date. Planning to send in my stuff much earlier (hopefully this week, but let's not jinx it yet), although I'm still a bit confused about what is expected. Literally just photo(s) of train stations exterior and/or interior? I suppose our Central one in Minsk does offer a thing or two to look at.

Back