Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2018 (COMPLETED)

maybe we can narrow it down somehow..... maybe excluding OSTs, leaving only those tracks that became famous because of FICTION I & II and the LIVEs.

maybe excluding OSTs, leaving only those tracks that became famous because of FICTION I & II and the LIVEs.
I would say yes to this, but I think there are a few years where she only had OSTs release, in the 90s before See-Saw

^ Υes and it would be boring to do that exclusion because that would mean that we are okay with her performing the same songs again and again on the lives, and leaving out so many better ones which are under/unperformed, eg ship of fools.

Last edited:
So... We're gonna do poll for each year best song right? And scrap book. What is the scrap book about? Fanart? CD collections?

Em... Where can I see previous birthday gift for Yuki? I want to read the comic xD

I want to suggest something. What if each participants create Yuki logo (it's 25th Anniversary yay!) + Yuki's song/music that makes us a fan (not necessarily 1st song we heard) + a little background story

One question I have is about songs that first played/performed in one year, but released in the next (ex: oblivious being used for a movie in 2007 but released in 2008; into the world being used for a show and released on the arena live in 2016 but officially released in 2017)

Err is this too late to start throwing in ideas? I love the puzzle idea and the scrapbook one, but if efficiently compiled, it might be a bit short compared to the books we made in previous years (e.g. if we do polls and list all the songs, it will take 10 A4 pages at most, plus maybe 15-25 more pages of individual comments/messages? The previous years' pdfs were like 60+ pages. Correct me if I'm wrong plz.)

Maybe we can add some more stuffs to it besides the poll and/or puzzle? An example could be a parallel timeline of YK's career milestones (e.g. year xxxx she released .../ performed at .../ founded .../an asteroid was named after her etc.) vs. our participants' YK-related milestones (i.e. buying their 1st CD of hers, attending their nth YK-related concert, joining FJC/Harmony, joining the 4rum etc.) This seems quite difficult to make on the compiler's side tho, I think.

Another thing on my mind was an "artist book" which introduces to YK some local artists in our members' countries/regions u think will catch her interest.
This needs not be restricted to singers or musicians, or artists - it can be about anything beautiful and/or art-related (e.g. painters, craftsmen/women, authors, dancers, cooks, architects etc.) of any era. Even scientists, engineers and historical figures should do, as long as the participant can justify the beauty in their work(s) :XD: I also don't see any problem should one wants to introduce a person not from their country, but has come/often comes there for their activities. Ofc since this is representative of the whole CPM, let's try not to bring current politic and morally controversial stuffs into it.
  • YK seems to enjoy travelling these days (and more importantly, she has more time to do it now) so this should give her inspirations on destinations to add for sight-seeing and also to come to yr country on tour. I mean, she's now free from SC, so she's now free to combine concert tours with tourism:psst::plot::nosebleed:
  • If u're thinking "if only YK does more if this and that stuff in her music," this is also yr chance to give her hints ohoho.
This should be fun to make and hopefully easier to make/compile, but I'm not sure if we have enough time, given it's already mid-June.
Hope this helps :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!! I think the timeline isnt needed. She knows herself better her own career, oh, and it was the asteroid that was named after her not the other way around :P

I think the artists introduction idea is very good (even thought i barely have any to introduce from Greece ^^;)
Its also much easier than choosing the best among thousands of compositions via poll.

Last edited:
I think the artists introduction idea is very good (even thought i barely have any to introduce from Greece ^^;)
That's because you don't usually find them on the radio or anything similar. They're putting an album together, putting it up on Bandcamp or something similar, and then performing on the streets. I found a couple of very nice bands that way. My fiancé is into metal music and he knows quite a lot of Greek metal bands that he discovered on Bandcamp. EDIT: That said, I'd die to see her collaborate with Alkinoos Ioannidis.

I think that's a good idea in theory, but not in practice. For instance, I don't really listen to much non-Japanese, and the only non-Japanese music that I listen to are from bands that are already pretty big/famous, so it wouldn't really be telling her about "indie" musicians

Thank you!! I think the timeline isnt needed. She knows herself better her own career, oh, and it was the asteroid that was named after her not the other way around :P
Ah crap, stupid typo lol. And yea now that u mention it, making a timeline for her does seem a bit rude, since we would have to "define" what milestones are successful and important to her.

Anw regarding the artist introduction thing, as I mentioned before, it is just a vague idea as of now, and it doesn't have to be about musicians with yr nationality, or even someone with a clear identity. Now that I think abt it, it should be much easier to write about something instead of someone. The idea is just to introduce something/someone artistic and/or cool that YK (and other CPMers maybe) might look at and go "ooh, I should check that out when I feel like it :ayashii:", preferably when she comes to yr country/region/where u live (I understand a lot of us aren't living in our home countries). I'm sure there's always been instances when u see something/discover someone cool and thought "Maybe YK will like this!" or "this person/thing reminds me of YK somehow :TdT:"
On that note, I didn't intend to narrow down to only local musicians, since that will limit many of us who do not really listen to our local music or can't think of any local musician to introduce to her, as u guys mentioned. I also don't know any trending artist from my country or really understand its traditional music tbh.
Ofc, it's not that likely that whatever each of us come up with will actually interest her at first glance, but when viewed as a whole, I'm sure she'll find it interesting. She might even flip through it sometimes so the idea of going on a world tour and/or playing her music in certain ways will slowly grow in her mind:psst:

So, yea, anything goes as long as it's justifiable: a super cool concert hall she would absolutely want to perform in or watch a performance in (e.g. Esplanade in Singapore or Dolby Theater in the U.S.), an avant-garde restaurant, chocolate factory X (ofc make sure she has access), musician (group) X whose style is Y, a traditional genre of music from yr country, a very bada** street musician who always frequent spot X in city Y on rainy days, an absolutely stunning cathedral/temple/mosque/building (again, make sure she's allowed to go in), a monument for occasion X, a forest that looks exactly like yr imagination of song X by her, a super cool cyclist yes she's been quite into cyclists these days, artist X who draws with bacteria etc. :XD:

Ofc, if this sounds too vague or ambitious, plz feel free to suggest other alternatives~

Back