Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

They guy who fled while the big demon was busy with Tanjiro had similar logic to those people in Attack on Titan who do the same when the titan is busy eating others ^^; Almost same kind of face too. What a coward, instead of being grateful for saving his joke of a life.

Capture.JPG

I guess it's possible she'll be more prominent in the second cour. I still think Go Shiina invited her, hue.

Could be, although Go Shiina is already a well known and established composer.
Well...a collaboration of 2 well-known composers would sound more exciting...That's how they advertise things, right? :D

Hmm, apparently, LiSA will release a new single on July 3rd, which contains both the OP and the ED. Here is the quotation from cdjapan:
"15th single release from LiSA tied up as the intro theme to TV anime "Kimetsu no Yaiba" starting April 2019. Includes outro theme "Fiction Junction feat. LiSA". Limited Pressing comes with a DVD featuring creditless intro footage of "Kimetsu no Yaiba", newly shot booklet of LiSA. Copyrighted anime on cover artwork. "

They probably mean anime-inspired not copyrighted.

And yah i was right about both op and ed releasing on same single!

Sucks that the single's title doesnt include the FJLiSa song title like it happened with Kalafina or Aimer singles.

You're right, it can be misleading, you have to look at the content of the single to know the ED is there.

The title of the single may be suggest to change, right ..? (It would not be the first time)

Otherwise, I definitely lose faith in Kajiura's force of persuasion to defend her place in the music industry ...

^ She gets paid anyway and so im not sure she cares so much about it. Also maybe they thought the single would sell better if it was sold as just "LiSA" and not something people might confuse, considering how many different Lisas are out there. I think almost all her OSTs getting released as bundles 10 years now, is a more strong example that its the record label that sets the rules on how stuff gets released.

Ep 6 had also no Kajiura music at all, and ep was kinda boring too.
Tanjiro embarks from old man's home for his first mission, which is to find why in a city, at night, young girls disappear at night. He goes and finds one guy who lost his gf last night that way (and as a result her father beat him lol) so he sniifs the area (literary) until he finds the culpit demon who aparently has 2 other same kind demons, and they fight. Episode ends with cliffhanger, and Nezuko starting to fight too alongside Tanjiro.

Oh yeah, it was actually boring, like every episodes from the beginning.

Maybe my strong appreciation for the compilation movie was due to the good atmosphere in the theater, the huge screen and high quality volume, the little presents we received (some nice char-designs)... and I took it as a relaxing moment after a looong day in Tokyo.

But retrospectively... 💩
Even the animation is pretty bad. I miss high quality graphics back to Tales of Zestiria the X -and the plot was actually enjoyable- (Katsugeki was meeh)

Last edited:
^ But i remember you did say about "character development" when i said Tanjiro is just a cliched shounen anime character :P

^ Well, I don't know... maybe I went to watch a different movie haha. Oh I remember the name ! "Girls und Panzer!"
More seriously, in the movie format, the character development was not so bad for ~1h40. Could have been worse if the character decided to fight against his fate at the end of the movie.

Last edited:
I don't know the manga plot, but at the start of the show didn't they allude that his dad is somehow connected to the demon slayers org? So maybe that explains why his powers are basically Goku on steroids. Make no mistake he is a superhero, rather than simply a shounen.

Episode 7: No Kajiura tracks spotted, even though that tokyo town bgm could be hers if that weird instrument wasnt there

That was one hell of cliffhanger though.

Why isn't the VGMdb Gurenge single page updated ?
And why neither LiSA or Y.Kajiura make any post concerning it ?

Such lack of advertising makes me question if CD Japan informations are definitive...

Vgmdb is updated by users so if you want to update it, go for it.

As for all the rest, the single is still more than a month away. v( ")v

Unfortunately I'm afraid the CDJ English description has some mistakes (it's machine-translated)...

The original Japanese part mentioning LiSA's ED goes as follows:
OPだけでなくEDも"FictionJunction feat. LiSA"として、LiSAが歌唱を担当!
which, in English, should be:
Apart from singing the OP, LiSA is also responsible for the ED under the name FictionJunction feat. LiSA.

In my opinion 'from the edge' is more likely to appear in an OST/Kajiura album, released under Aniplex/Victor, as the artist naming style suggests. The appearance of SACRA in ED credits probably only reflects the fact that LiSA is signed under it.

Back