Yuki interview in ANN

He could ask so msnh more things. No Zaregoto question at all ! If the answers for Heavens Feel are true then i guess thst she takes notes for the new tracks and whats left is filled with sfx

I'm pretty sure Kaijura requested these question. These answers are pretty bare. Personally, it is wrong on both the interviewer and interviewee. It's Kaijura fault not answering these big questions sooner. It's the interviewer's problem of not being aggressive enough and not having a wide enough net.

grunty, you do know that for certain artist and celeb. There is reason why don't trust the interviews. For they intentional made it sound so boring, that no one would even seek it. Then those are other than literally can't stay around long enough for do it. Then there are those that chose the wrong words for everything which is just problematic. That has the exact problem as to cut and dry ones like Kaijura's interview here. It doesn't allude to what happening around and at that time. Which falls into the other problem, it comes off too snobbish and sounds like its done in bad faith.

Actually, too respectful without being respectful is problem. Because it doesn't stop the question from being answered. Or do want a random fans to shout that question out. Interviews can at least leak and gain control of gossip. From what I seen, this is Kaijura "antics".

I'm pretty sure Kaijura requested these question. These answers are pretty bare. Personally, it is wrong on both the interviewer and interviewee. It's Kaijura fault not answering these big questions sooner. It's the interviewer's problem of not being aggressive enough and not having a wide enough net.
Oh no, I don't think we would've gotten anything "juicy" or "insightful" regardless. I actually wasn't trying to imply I wanted that in my first response.

But there's like what ?4 jazzy tracks? on Princess Principal - was it worth the question? "Heaven's Feel" is not particularly darker than Fate/Zero that she already worked on. It may be darker than other Fate/stay night anime but she did not work on those so what was the question for again? It's not about being an aggressive interviewer. This just felt like scraping the bottom of the barrel to me. (Of course I also realize that this was probably done via e-mail with little to no back-n-forth. Doesn't make this final product any more interesting.)

Regardng the ANN forum post from Kowz, I don't know what the actual question was but I myself would not dare ask her about Spacecraft in any way in an interview before a concert (it's not a bloody memoir). If at all, I'd just go the positive route asking if she was excited to take on independence. It would probably result in the regular Japanese response of "doing my best" but hey. ;p

Which brings me to your other point - yes, absolutely. It is also perfectly believable that Kajiura always gives boring and "PC" answers regardless of the question.

Edit: Kajiura also played dum with the leitmotif answer considering she clearly does reuse a theme from Fate/Zero in Heaven's Feel. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaijura hasn't been confine by such questions before, grunty. Furthermore, it hasn't been boring either. Which makes her "PC" answer odd is how often she over-delays the response. Kaijura usually likes to add wankier bits to things even for PC responses.

Sure she can address it during the concerts or radio, but I highly doubt that will settle people minds for good. Because that tells no intentions, which is the most important thing.

How about waiting on her prior decisions? Grunty, those are better indicators to tell what could or may happen on independence label. Your better off waiting for Bandai response instead. To clarify the nature of label, whether its actual independence or something else. I rather not take her word unless someone can clarify.

Kaijura hasn't been confine by such questions before, grunty. Furthermore, it hasn't been boring either. Which makes her "PC" answer odd is how often she over-delays the response. Kaijura usually likes to add wankier bits to things even for PC responses.

Sure she can address it during the concerts or radio, but I highly doubt that will settle people minds for good. Because that tells no intentions, which is the most important thing.

How about waiting on her prior decisions? Grunty, those are better indicators to tell what could or may happen on independence label. Your better off waiting for Bandai response instead. To clarify the nature of label, whether its actual independence or something else. I rather not take her word unless someone can clarify.
Wtf are you even going on about?

Edit: This will be a complete guess of a response.

You jumped onto my complaints about this interview (which I think I explained in the post above) and went completely off topic.

There's nothing to "trust" Kajiura about. I'm just a consumer of her music and since Kara no Kyoukai, I pretty much felt nothing toward her works (Zaregoto being the standout exception). Time will tell whether her independence will bring something that excites me.

Do you really think I care about what happened with Spacecraft? I don't give two shits. I don't care about the conspiracies. She doesn't need to address anything as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that matters to me with this "FictionJunction Music" news is that so many people here keep repeating they want "utahimes" to sign on with this new "agency" while I want Hikaru and Wakana (to name two) to stay tf away. That is why I keep posting and expressing excitement at every tidbit of information saying this is a 1person endeavour.

Waiting for what "prior decisions"? What does that even mean? What does Bandai have to do with this?!

@grunty , aegis tends to make posts that don't make much sense. Just check his post history. I'm guessing English isn't his native language.

@Kowz It's no secret that it is not mine either so I'm not judging. Anyways, I edited in a response based on my guess of what was in that post.

I feel like he is going off on tangents while being butthurt about something that was not even said by me.

Back