Yuki and FJ AX 2012 Q&A transcript

When did your love affair for music begin?
When I was in elementary school, I was in the chorus club, and I belonged to the chorus club for a long time, and so the first song I composed was a chorus piece.
LOL Loved the question. :psst:
Yuki buying DVDs is really cute.

I guess it's okay to like Lady Gaga's music. That's wayyy better than taking after her fashion style. :ohoho:

Are you fan of anime, and do you have any favorite songs that you composed for anime?
I have several; I liked the Mushishi manga, and when it was animated, it perfectly matched the manga, so I bought the DVD collection for the first time. And a few years ago, Gurren Lagann was airing in the morning, and it was a good, very energetic anime that invigorated me every day, and I kept saying, “I liked it I liked it,” and so I got the DVD as a gift and I watched it all.

When did she compose for these :confu: I dont remember them at all :@_@: Or was the question mistranslated to her ?

The reason why her music always remain the same...from the lady herself...
Many of the shows you’ve scored have a strong Gothic overtone. (Petit Cosette, Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Zero, Madoka, the costumes of Kalafina) Are you drawn to that genre of anime in particular and if so, how so?
Is it gothic? I wonder Madoka and Fate/Zero are categorized as gothic, but I am certain that those shows are written in a dark and deep world. Yet, I don’t get offers to compose for anime that are merry and happy.

And the reason why Kalafina songs always sound the same...once again from the lady herself :ayashii:
What inspired you to form Kalafina?
For Kalafina, I wanted to make focused (lit. “narrow”) music. For FictionJunction, I have to try everything I come up with; for Kalafina, I only want to try what Kalafina is supposed to sound like.

Re:

Yet, I don’t get offers to compose for anime that are merry and happy.
Can't say El cazador is terribly dark.

for Kalafina, I only want to try what Kalafina is supposed to sound like.
I wonder what it's supposed to sound after all because I see a big difference between their 1st album and their later ones.

For Kalafina, I wanted to make focused (lit. “narrow”) music. For FictionJunction, I have to try everything I come up with; for Kalafina, I only want to try what Kalafina is supposed to sound like.

Huh, this is actually quite the odd answer...after all, Kala's singing several different styles of music, whereas I'd call FJ's songs very "narrow" usually.

Re:

ninetales said:

Huh, this is actually quite the odd answer...after all, Kala's singing several different styles of music, whereas I'd call FJ's songs very "narrow" usually.
If we regard FJ as a unit that has released a number of original songs, I totally agree with you.

Can't say El cazador is terribly dark.

Maybe she's referring to her recent work.

I thought the same thing. :XD:

Well Keiko liking Lady Gaga kind a disappointed my feelings, because she's way better than Gaga.

Back