Yui Makino's Second Album

• Thread starter Thread starter Yatta
  • Start date Start date
Y

Yatta

I just got this in the mail yesterday. Has anyone else heard it?

Two Kajiura-composed songs on it synchronicity and Tsuki no Shijima. synchronicity (as far as I can tell) is the same version as on the single but Tsuki no Shijima is an "ultimate mix" where Yui sings the Kajiurago sections too (instead of Yuriko Kaida in the original).

I knew that she would release a second album but I didnt knew that she released it already, and I knew nothing about the tracks it would contain but I was sure that there would be some of Yuki as in the previous album

P.S: She changed her site location http://www.sunmusic.org/yui_makino/top.html

[EDIT] cd.japan http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTZL-4 says for her (new) album:

Second full-length album from Yui Makino includes alternate versions of her previously released singles, folky songs, covers and more! Cover designed by the artist herself! Limited edition includes bonus DVD with the music videos for "Euphoria," "Modokashii Sekai no Ue de," and "Spirale," plus TV commercial collection. *Unless otherwise indicated, DVDs are region-2 encoded (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and carry no subtitles.

[EDIT 2] I found the tracklist there http://www.hlj.com/product/VTCL60036?nav=rss

1. Ame no Hi no Funsui
2. Marmalade
3. Sangatsu Monogatari
4. Yokogao
5. Spirale
6. Solfege
7. synchronicity
8. Tsuki no Shijima
9. Tooku Made Ikou
10. Sketchbook o Motta Mama
11. DESTINY
12. Watashi ni Tsuite

Yeah...I heard it some days ago and I don't know where is the mix...
Just... the vocals of Yuriko Kaida has been replaced for the Yui Makino's vocals. I don't notified this thing because the change is shameful. :twitch:

I don't understand why you find it "shameful". Yui has a beautiful voice and shows just how great her singing abilities are by managing to fluently sing in Kajiurago. With her singing the background chorus, the song flows much better than with Yuriko's more mature vocals.

Yatta said:
I don't understand why you find it "shameful". Yui has a beautiful voice and shows just how great her singing abilities are by managing to fluently sing in Kajiurago. With her singing the background chorus, the song flows much better than with Yuriko's more mature vocals.
Yes, Yui has a sweet voice but I really prefer other vocalists... Her voice isn't usable for all; look at the second album. She uses the same style ([Maybe she can't use high pitchs]) excluding 2 or 3 songs and that 'version' is poor quiality if she sings as chorus and main vocal, so I prefer mature vocals (overall I prefer Yuriki voice). It's only my opinion =] Even so the song is, practically, the same, nee~? XDD

george1234 said:
Where can I listen to the this Yui version of the song?
Check this: http://www.gequdao.com/song/sowc/vowwen.shtml

I've got to say, I really disagree with you. I found Yui's voice to perfectly suit each song and she doesn't actually sound the same in all songs.

I've frequently listened to her first album Tenkyuu no Ongaku on my mp3 player over the past two years I've owned the album and I've noticed Yui does adjust her pitch and intonation depending on the type of song she's singing. I've only listened to MAKINOYUI. twice so far but I can still tell she does not sing with the same style in each song.

I really don't see how you think that Yui singing both main and backing vocals makes the song poor quality. Yui harmonizing her own voice makes the vocal line flow and permeate so much better than with Yuriko's voice which doesn't work as constructively.

In that song yes, Yuriko does better job that Yui in the chorus (also Yui's chorus voice sound too much processed in the computer while Yuriko's is more natural - in the other version of the song)

Just to make things clear, so I don't get misunderstood. I don't dislike Yuriko Kaida, I love her voice and wish Yuki would use her more often in a capacity other than backing vocals.

She was great in NOIR, where she took the main vocal lead, but since then she never got to be, except for Mai-Otome but then Yuki decided to have Yuri Kasahara sing the main action song MATERIALISE instead.

*sigh* Yuki, why do you underappreciate Yuriko so? Stop sticking her in the background chorus and have her sing the main vocals like Canta per Me and Salva Nos again!

Back