Your unpopular opinions

BuradoChi

I like Yuki
I tried to find a thread or unpopular opinions but sadly could not find anyone. So i am going to ask you what are your opinions in regards to Yuki Kajiura
I have not so much but here are mine.
First: I am not that much a Fan of Joelles voice. I had high expectations but something in it bothers me.
Second: I like pre-covid or better pre-Flowers Kaori more since even if she was not that well known you could atleast got from the different sources a slight bit of content from her, but now it seems exclusive to her Fanclub if they are able to pay the membership.
So if you want you can write it down.

I am not that much a Fan of Joelles voice. I had high expectations but something in it bothers me.
I'm not of a fan of her when she's singing in her chest voice, usually Japanese songs. She adopts an overly bright and very nasal quality when she sings, in contrast to her absolutely beautiful head voice in other Kajiura songs (her performance of Godsibb is still legendary to this day).

Unlike most members here, I really dislike Eri Itou's voice. There's just something about it that reminds me of my grandma singing and not in a good way. Hanae and Remi are infinitely superior in tone for me.

I think a lot of people dislike Yuuka's voice here but despite the nasality, I've come to appreciate her songs (and her voice) a lot more recently. I think a lot of FJ Yuuka songs rival the best Kalafina songs, like Yorokobi (in my top 5 Kajiura songs of all time), aikoi, inside your heart, Seiya, destination and Hitomi no Chikara. All these songs just wouldn't be the same without Yuuka's voice, though I would love for Keiko to cover more Yuuka songs in FJ lives.

I still like Hikaru's voice, to this day. She's been my favourite Kalafina member since the very beginning (ARIA is the whole reason I even started obsessing over Kajiura's music). Yea her voice isn't as great as it once was but I love it all the same.

Same with my opinion on Kalafina too. I don't know why most people here dislike Kalafina (especially their later releases) but I loved Far On The Water just as much as their other albums. Musunde Hikaru is my favourite Kalafina song of all time, and every album-original track is still very good. Not Red Moon-tier, but like a 8/10, if RM is a 10/10 and SH was a 9/10. I certainly liked it more than After Eden's original tracks, Destination Unknown carried the whole album. I wish Kajiura would cover Kalafina songs in YK lives, it's been 5 years since they disbanded and her setlists are getting VERY stale.

I dislike almost every Kajiura collab since Kalafina's disbandment. I initially liked the Aimer and LiSA songs when they first came out, but they're just so uninspired now. If you thought Kalafina was "same-y" her collabs are even more so. Kalafina's disbandment is the reason I even tried listening to new artists (I listened to nothing BUT Kajiura music in my teens) and now there are so many amazing Japanese composers that I like more than Kajiura currently. I still think Kalafina was her best work, like ever (and no group has ever had as good of music as Kalafina, even until today), but Guilty Kiss is the first group in a very long time to have rock songs that can rival Kalafina's bangers like Destination Unknown, Magia and Mata Kaze.
(btw if you haven't listened to Deep Sea Cocoon, Kowareyasuki, Shooting Star Warrior and Strawberry Trapper, you haven't LIVED).

Last edited:
It will be difficult to manage to impress me since if someone becomes older the harder it is to get used. When I started in my 20s to listen to japanese music i consumed much and I did not had a problem to like it. (but i must consider that i always put some songs in my playlist if i found enough place (the number of songs must match with a multiplier of 24) but i will give guilty kiss a try.

It will be difficult to manage to impress me since if someone becomes older the harder it is to get used. When I started in my 20s to listen to japanese music i consumed much and I did not had a problem to like it. (but i must consider that i always put some songs in my playlist if i found enough place (the number of songs must match with a multiplier of 24) but i will give guilty kiss a try.
Absolutely! Most of their discography is 90s retro pop but the songs I listed are hard rock and if you didn't know they were an idol subgroup, you'd be absolutely fooled into thinking their a rock group. Deep Sea Cocoon is THE best song they have, by far, and it's very reminiscent of Evanescence, which itself a lot of overlap in sound with Kalafina.

Mamamoo (a 4-member Kpop girl group) is also a group I discovered and listened to A LOT when Kalafina disbanded. They filled the "female group who can harmonise and sing well live" niche for me, with their Immortal Songs performances being stellar showcases of their vocal prowess. They're the whole reason I even started listening to Korean music after a decade of Japanese music.
https://youtu.be/YOMUiWPJSG0 for your viewing pleasure. =D

thx for the recommendation but I am not that interested in Kpop
Apropos: From the bits I heard of the BJ Girls (Kaoris first group) I think they were really talented and its sad that Kaori left them so early. If they had made one or other song they could have been a great group during the late 00s early 10s

thx for the recommendation but I am not that interested in Kpop
Apropos: From the bits I heard of the BJ Girls (Kaoris first group) I think they were really talented and its sad that Kaori left them so early. If they had made one or other song they could have been a great group during the late 00s early 10s
I have all 3 Harajuku BJ Girls CD's and am glad to have them. Kaori Oda has a great jazz style.

Back