Winter 2015/16 anime

george1234

So the new anime season comes. I dont new who composes what yet but this gives a goo idea (click for more info) http://anichart.net/winter

planning to watch Boku dake inai machi for Kajiura Yuki and sayuri (also liked the plot from manga), and Norn9: Norn + Nonet for Kaori's song.

also will watch Heavy Object since i saw the first half, and Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri. will keep watching Durarara, fairy tail zero and Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen. From the new ones i will check
Norn9: Norn + Nonet
Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation

any other suggestion ?

So I think I have found the anime's with the best music so far OST-wise (from the ones i have watched)

1. Divine Gate music by Takumi Ozawa. old Kajiura style just like Ookami Kakushi, in ep 1 there is a bgm insert song too.
2. Norn9: Norn + None this has pretty good music too, but its probably from the game ?

Takumi is a Kajiura fan so yeah. Check out her Hidan no Aria OST too which has several tracks of made up language. But sometimes I dont like her arrangements like in Kaori's PLACE, GRASPS, and Love x Infinity but somehow the vocals carru it over.

Norn9's ost is composed by Australian Kevin Penkin. And no, the BGMs are new. And yes, it seems many praises the ostsl of the anime. He's about my age, 23 >3<

Last edited by a moderator:
Well besides ERASED or Boku dake Inai Machi which I find is the best this season is offering so far, I'm continuing on with Snow White with the Red Hair or Akagami Shirayuki no hime which is still nice slow and sweet just like I like it.

I checked a few others at the start of their runs, World of Phantoms from KyoAni, Haruchika from PA Works and Phantasy Star Online The Animation 2 From Telecom and they all left me with a big MEH. I want to give them a few episodes more to decide but I think they're all likely drops.

Takumi is a Kajiura fan so yeah. Check out her Hidan no Aria OST too which has several tracks of made up language. But sometimes I dont like her arrangements like in Kaori's PLACE, GRASPS, and Love x Infinity but somehow the vocals carru it over.<

IS that so? That's interesting considering Takumi wrote "shizuka" for Yuuka Nanri I always thought the song was oddly Kajiura-sounding.

Needless to say she is using Kaori Nishina for some of the tracks in Ookami, who used to work with Kajiura from Aquarian Age until synchronicity (and went to Animagic 2004 to promote Fiction with YK)

Ozawa is totally Kajiura v2 (but I think we knew that since Ookamikakushi?). And I'm actually gonna say Divine Gate is quite a Mashimo style show. I'm watching way too much this season...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNFYPJ_p8O4

Indeed, in divine gate, the little boy that talks to the MC reminds me of that boy and girl in Madlax who also talked alot philosophically.
There are also some fairytail and Madoka elements in. The character that controls fire has same VA as Natsu from FT and the green hair girl is like a Sayaka v2 personality and design wise :XD:

Last edited:
Needless to say she is using Kaori Nishina for some of the tracks in Ookami, who used to work with Kajiura from Aquarian Age until synchronicity (and went to Animagic 2004 to promote Fiction with YK)

Wait, did she use Nishina? I always thought Ozawa did most of the chorus work herself in her arranges.

Edit:
Hmm. Only credits Nishina on tsukishirube (which was Ookamikakushi ED) but she has no vocal credit on the actual OST. HMm...

Edit2:
Ozawa is credited on Aria OST so I will assume she is the one doing the choruses unless there is someone else noted. :p

So my stats for this season:
Finished 3 shows: Haikyuu!2nd (A++), DIvine Gate (I thought it had some decent action but everything related to the Council and Arthur was dumb af when they were getting "plot" screen time. Should be a better "Kajiura soundtrack" so to speak than current Kajiura soundtracks.), Boku Machi (Enjoyed the first half, disliked the latter on pretty much all accounts.)
Dropped: BBK/BRNK (4eps), Dimension W (5eps), Grimgar (4eps), Loli in the Shell (4eps), Luck&Logic (3eps), Schwarzesmarken (5eps), Norn9 (2eps), and a couple of single episodes...

Haikyuu saving TV animu. Bring on season 3.

Not much of a greedy tactic, as a standard. Not much to comment on @ Bokumachi OST1. I didn't hate it but I didn't really care much either.

Back