Which kind of Kalafina fan are you?

D

Daiima

I apologize if it was already posted somewhere but I didn't already find it with the searching tool (<-- the classical introduction sentence from newbies... ^_^), I found a somehow interesting blog post on Kalafina. I'll take the liberty of copying it directly here, but here are the credits: http://kuroiyuki88.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/the-idiots-guide-to-kalafina-fans-types-101/ (some other great [or less] entries for Kalafina are worth going there too)

The idiots' guide to Kalafina fans types
  1. The Yuki Kajiura fans: “I only like them cuz I love Yuki Kajiura. If it weren’t for Kajiura… WHO CARES”
  2. The fave member-tard fans: “I like A, you? WUT YOU LIKE B? I CAN’T ACCEPT THIS, YOU SUCK.”
  3. The Maya-tard fans: “Why must you leave, Maya, comeback~~~ ;A;” or “GIMME BACK MY MAYA!!!!”
  4. The Kalafina-is-flawless fans: “Kalafina can never do anything wrong cuz THEY’RE FLAWLESS GODDESSES”
  5. The all-about-critics fans: “this single lacks of creativity, so boring. that single is so repetitive, not interesting. etc etc”
  6. The idol-worshipper fans: “OMG THEY’RE SO CUTE, THEIR PERSONALITIES ARE VERY INTERESTING, TOO. Their music? Well, okay, I guess.”
  7. The music-elitist fans: “I only listen to their music. Who cares about their faces or personalities”
  8. The collector fans: “Look at my collection. I have the CDs, DVDs, pamphlet, keychain etc etc etc. Wut? You have none? You suck, dude.”
  9. The illegal fans: “YO DUDE LOOK AT MAH COMPLETED KALAFINA DOWNLOADS HERE BET YOU CANT DO THAT”
  10. The purist fans: “Kalafina is Wakana Keiko and Hikaru. No need for other vocalists”
  11. The we-need-balancing fans: “Ah new Kalafina pics. WUT KEIKO AGAIN? GTFO GIVE WAKANA AND HIKARU MORE ROOMS” or “AH new Kalafina song. WTF WAKANA/HIKARU AS LEAD AGAIN, EFF, GIVE KEIKO MORE LEAD”
  12. The old-school fans: “Kalafina new songs suck. GIMME BACK MY OBLIVIOUS AND SPRINTER”
  13. The live-recording fans: “Kalafina songs have to be enjoyed live indeed. It’s 9999999 times better”
  14. The studio-recording fans: “Bah, they can’t sing live. Who cares about their live, studio-recording FTW”
  15. The Madoka Magica fans: “HOOOOAAA MADOKA MAGICA IS GOD-LEVEL ANIME AND SO IS EVERY THING IN THE ANIME INCLUDING KALAFINA’S MAGIA”
  16. The anime fans: watch anime (ex: kuroshitsuji) ==> hear kalafina music ==> fall in love
  17. The lolita-fashion fans: “CORSETS! POOFY DRESSES! ATELIER PIERROT! I’M in LOVE”
  18. The I-love-musician fans: “oh kalafina voices are nice, but OMG VIOLIN HERE GORGEOUS ELECTRIC GUITAR AWESOME”
Which one defines you the most? I recognize me more into the type 13 fan.

I recognize myself into the 13 (I think everybody does :plot:) and 16 type, it's thanks to Madoka Magica if I've started following them.

Hmm...where do I fit in here? I can't even remember when I got into their songs in the first place! It took ages before I realised they were separate from FJ, and just thought of their first few tracks as "some theme songs that Yuki wrote for the KnK movies."

My experience of their live shows is limited to the blu-rays and the performances in Bonn and Paris, but there's something special about a live performance - they can match the precision and polish of the studio recordings, but still have the power and spontaneity of a live gig.

I guess I started as a #16 with 'Oblivious' (maybe that's why it's still a fave of mine?) and ended up as a #13.

The weird thing is, I know I ought to view Kala as a separate entity from FJ in the same way that Perfume and Capsule have their own identity, despite sharing the songwriter. Except, the songs have the same composer and are performed by three FJ singers and even employ the same musicians! In my mind, Kala is a part of FJ; it's just currently signed to SME (which is the aspect that I've never been wholly comfortable with... :uh..:) and is promoted/marketed separately.

I've read people describing certain YK tunes as having a 'Kalafina' or a 'FictionJunction' sound, but it all sounds like the same sort of 'good stuff' to me! :baka:

I started liking Kalafina thanks to Fate/Zero, so I guess I fall on the 16th type of fan. Also a coincidence that I started liking FJ because of anime too. xD

I may also fall on the 18th because I always get hyped on the instruments used on most of their songs, from the violin to the guitar to the drums to the flute to the accordion, and... what more? xD

Hmm I don't know where am I but I'm a little bit of everything, I guess? My first encounter with Kalafina is through FJ, actually. I listened and fell in love with Parallel Hearts and through googling I found that 2 FJ members are in Kalafina as well. Then I listened to oblivious, ARIA and fairytale and I just hooked. Maybe I'm more of #5, #11, and #18. I do not always criticise their songs but I say what I have in mind about their songs openly. I'm #18 because as you all know I'm a hardcore Nozaki-fans. I'm #11 because I need moaar Keiko but on the other side, Keiko-lead Kalafina songs lack in harmonisation because no one can do lower harmony better than Keiko for me.

I think there's a little bit too much negativity in all of those options for me to feel comfortable choosing without an explanation. I was introduced to Kalafina through anime (Madoka Magica, and then I saw that they did Lacrimosa as well, which I loved despite not being thrilled about Kuroshitsuji in terms of plot, character or anything else). I definitely would like to believe that Kalafina is flawless. I'd also describe myself as a music elitist, if not in the sense described above. It's not that I disregard everything about Kalafina except for their music, but Yuki Kajiura's work is pretty much the only music I consistently enjoy, so I sub/consciously believe that it's the best music there is. As for the "lolita fan" category, I'd fit into that as well, as Kalafina's aesthetic is one of the things that intrigues me about them, but I think there are probably enough people around here who dress in lolita clothing (myself included) to know that Kalafina's regalia rarely qualifies for the fashion.

Well actually the list is a sarcastic view of Kalafina fans according to an ex-cpm member that's known for her failure in being sarcastic without looked as annoying/insulting. I take the quiz for fun only though :XD:

Of course some of the answers are true clichés, but some sound quite smart too :goodjob:

#16 probably, since I got into them through Lacrimosa after watching Kuroshitsuji. I don't even watch that much anime any more, although I haven't stopped completely.

Also tones of #13 and #18. I guess I used to be #4 but then After Eden came out and threw snow falling at me. Ugh.

Back