What do you expect from a 5th Kalafina album ?

george1234

I think its about time we open this discussion (and since we have nothing else to talk about XD) until the announcement - my guess it that it will be March or April again, since we have:

Alleluia - October 2, 2013
  1. Alleluia
  2. dolce
+ lives

Kimi no gin no niwa - November 6, 2013
  1. Kimi no Gin no Niwa
  2. Misterioso
  3. tsuioku
  4. Kimi no Gin no Niwa ~instrumental~
heavenly blue - August 6, 2014 & The Best Blue
  1. heavenly blue (5m20s)
  2. heavenly blue ~instrumental~ (5m20s)
  3. heavenly blue ~TVsize~ (1m31s)
Believe - November 19, 2014
  1. believe (04:49)
  2. in every nothing (04:36)
  3. lapis (03:47)
  4. believe ~instrumental~ (04:49)

You can consider lapis as the missing b-side of the heavenly blue single
this means we have 9 songs already. Do you think they will include the b-sides or that we will get 6 songs + new ones ? My opinion is that they will since both Misterioso and dolce are songs that are b-sides but used in the animes.

Also I want a new FictionJunction single!! :XD:
(that wont be Parallel Heart-ish and the A-side to be a ballad, tired of OPs)

Last edited:
I'd be surprised (and a little disappointed) if there isn't at least one B-side on there...Mysterioso would be my best guess. Not because of personal preference - it's just had a lot of airings at live shows iirc.

If a collection of new songs is in the pipeline they seem to be taking their time over it, which makes me hopeful for its quality (aside from the unexciting singles that we've all been complaining about!). So yeah. A B-side or two, a few all-too-familiar singles and hopefully some exciting album tracks.

It'll be interesting to see if it's any sort of experimental or change-of-direction record, or whether record company pressure makes it bland and samey.

I think they will include all the 9 new song plus Prelude, that will be the first track introducing Misterioso as the second one. If everything goes as I guess we will get 3 new songs, then. I NEED A DARK KEIKO-LED TRACK.

^ They could even make an album mix of misterioso and combine it with prelude in 1 track instead of having 2.

@Martin: I think no many complained for alleluia as a whole, Kimi no gin as whole and believe singles as whole.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised (and a little disappointed) if there isn't at least one B-side on there...Mysterioso would be my best guess. Not because of personal preference - it's just had a lot of airings at live shows iirc.
I'm almost positive they'll include misterioso because of that, as well as it being a Madoka song.
I doubt dolce will be included since it's so short and was the theme for just Extra Chorus, but since every other KnK has been included in albums until now, there's still a chance.
I think they will include all the 9 new song plus Prelude, that will be the first track introducing Misterioso as the second one.
My guess is:
  • Alleluia
  • Kimi no Gin
  • misterioso
  • heavenly buru
  • believe
  • (possibly dolce)
  • (possibly prelude)
the only album that included non-tie in b-sides was SH with serenato, so I hve 0% expectation for Tsuoku, lapis, or IEN to be included. (I thought Yane would've fit perfectly in Consolation, but nope, they didn't even include that)

So that leaves space for about 7 new songs. (At first I thought this was a lot, but looking back at AE, only 3 of the songs were previously released)
^ They could even make an album mix of misterioso and combine it with prelude in 1 track instead of having 2.
Now that would be cool. And maybe mix it with the movie ver too.

I don't expect a thing from the 6th Kalafina album. Hopefully I'll find a track I like if I'm not looking forward to it.

Edit: Wait, 6th? wat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seventh heaven -1st
Red moon -2nd
After eden -3rd
Consolation -4th

Mini Album Re-Obliviuos
The Best Blue
The Best Red
don't count?

I don't have any expectations, I'd just like a song like Ashika no keshiki or Haru wa Kogane no Yume no Naka...

Re-oblivious is a remix mini - album, and "The best" are compilation albums with no really new content (heavenly blue was release later again and prelude is just an overture for misterioso, all kajiurago too.

Alleluia, Gin no Niwa, misterioso, HB, believe, dolce--- should be in. Prelude and the B-sides--I don't think so.

A Keiko-led dark track would be nice. Ashita no Keshiki style would also be good!

I agree with aki's guess list.

Seeing that list, makes me wonder that the album will have mostly the same type song like to the beginning.

Seventh heaven -1st
Red moon -2nd
After eden -3rd
Consolation -4th

Mini Album Re-Obliviuos
The Best Blue
The Best Red
don't count?

I don't have any expectations, I'd just like a song like Ashika no keshiki or Haru wa Kogane no Yume no Naka...

Ashita no Keshiki-esque, okay. Haru wa Kogane-esque, NO.

I third the dark Keiko song. Hopefully better than Yami no Uta.

Preferably skipping either HB or Believe, since they're both terrible and both pretty much the same song. Doubt it'll happen though, we'll get both.

Alleluia, Kimi no Gin no Niwa and Misterioso will be in for sure. The rest will likely not make an appearance.

I actually don't think Alleluia, KnGnN, misterioso and heavenly blue will be in the album because it was already in the BEST albums.

Tsuioku better make it to their 5th album. Too awesome of a song not to.

The songs with anime tie-ins will definitely make an appearance in the album (alleluia, dolce, kimi no gin no niwa, misterioso, heavenly blue, believe) the other ones will unfortunately probably won't be in there, the last b-side without a tie-in was serenato and that was ages ago.

I'd like a jazz song, and a dark Keiko song, and a dark Wakana song, and Hikaru too... but I WANT HIKARU POWER BALLAD.

Back