Wakana solo career

Hime_Wakana

I have reached Yuki nirvana
Wakana’s first solo single 『時を越える夜に(Toki wo Koeru Yoru ni』 will be released on February 6 2019.

Produced by: Shusui and Swedish composer Anders Dannvik
Released by: Victor Entertainment

【Single Details】
Release Date: February 6, 2019
Title: 『時を越える夜に(Toki wo Koeru Yoru ni』
VICL-37455、1,200円+tax
Tracklist (3 songs included)
1. Toki wo Koeru Yoru ni (Lyrics: Wakana; Composition: Shusui / Anders Dannvik; Arrangement: Anders Dannvik)
2. Tsubasa (Live Version) (Lyrics: Wakana; Composition/Arrangement Satoshi Takebe)
3. Toki wo Koeru Yoru ni (Instrumental)

First solo album in spring 2019
Wakana has also started to record for her first solo album which is set to be released in spring 2019!

Members Only for Wakana Blog
Harmony members will have access to a special blog where Wakana talks about her activities and other things.

『It’s been a while』
https://kalafina-fc-harmony.jp/contents/215398

tumblr_pk8rbkaGXA1rbrbhqo1_1280.jpg

Well this I'm somewhat surprised by.

Cool though. Hope for the best.

Well this I'm somewhat surprised by.

Cool though. Hope for the best.

Confirms that Kalafina is totally dead because if she's still using the name Kalafina Wakana the release would be under SME/Sacra Music.

Same. All the best for Wakana. If the songs turn out to be good I might consider buying the single (or just wait another 2 months for an album lol)

@grunty I'll be surprised if there are no surprises at Flying Dog Live. Even if Wakana doesn't perform there she may be in the audience.

Anyway apparently the composer (Anders Dannvik) has also composed for some Japanese singers such as Misia and Arashi.

The song he composed for Arashi isn't really my style but the song he composed for Misia (Angel) is okay, a typical ballad that some might call a snoozefest and I can totally see Wakana singing this kind of song. Here's the link for anyone interested:
https://youtu.be/UQQ1GzXiLOg

Those shoes? Really? I'd crop them out. ;p Also I wish they photoshopped the ducks out, too. Other than that, looks okay. Like the profile pic more than the cover.

Those shoes? Really? I'd crop them out. ;p Also I wish they photoshopped the ducks out, too. Other than that, looks okay. Like the profile pic more than the cover.

Your attention to detail astounds me. I didn't even realize there were ducks on the picture lol

The dress looked like it's from one of the previous Kalafina photoshoots...

Your attention to detail astounds me. I didn't even realize there were ducks on the picture lol
Iunno if it's attention to detail. After I got over the IMHO not so good composition (cropping, pseudo symmetry, lack of headroom) and shoes (thx to logo placement and composition again), I just couldn't stop staring at those ?ducks... lol... I don't mind the shoes in the profile photo, my eyes don't even wander there.

A shitty quick edit of mine. (Ignore the altered colors - I'm horrible at working with files and too lazy to redo it with the correct color space.)

Iunno. Maybe it's a more generic coverart composition but I just like it more this way than the original. Still prefer the profile pic tho. ;p

https://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/img/jackets/VICL-37455.jpg

Attachments

• attempt.jpg
    attempt.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 828
Last edited by a moderator:
Back