Tokyopop to close

Should've known. That's why that Manga Pilot Project of theirs barely got off the ground...that's why their website was never updated...should've known. :rain:

Well, I guess it's nice that I'm not reading any of their series :uh..:

the only silver lining is... Karin (renamed Chibi Vampire) is going down, so someone around the internet might take up a fan translation again...

Closing is not always bad.

There is a situation here when a company does not release anything (for years) but it has a few good licences that fans likes a lot like Berserk and GTO so people wants the company to disappear so another companies pick up the licences.

I want my GTO :uh..:

The famous series probabily will be picked by another publisher, but the less famous series... :cry:

And the situation of Type Moon is pretty bad. The publisher of Tsukihime disapear, letting the manga incomplete with 6 vols, and now Tokyopop with Fate... :comeback:

Re:

Rafael-sama said:
Tokyopop always did a lame job. Like 4kids. :plot:
/me hits you
no wonder i couldnt read on there they had alot of famouse books like fruits basket and 9lives and so many more
dont go :comeback:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
the only silver lining is... Karin (renamed Chibi Vampire) is going down, so someone around the internet might take up a fan translation again...

Mangafox can help you there.

Back