"Vanitas no Karte" music composed by Yuki Kajiura (OST on Feb 23, 2022)

There is a very toned down bgm with arcodeon in the tea drinking scene near the beginning. Not sure if its Kajiura's or sampled.

So it turns out that the main theme (from PV1) is actually a track with choirs?

I like the choirs x accordion combo, globally enjoyed the choir tracks although they were not really fitting to the scenes imo. It's boring on action scenes, just add some drums or beat lol.

Many tracks were... looped?

Disliked the arabian track that played when they showed the Gladius-class Frigate: does it come from those Arab countries? I don't think so.
Lot of accordions, will be interesting with the setting.

I don't really like the "strong anime feeling" of this show, with jokes that kind of break the atmosphere... similarly to Kimetsu no Yaiba...
OP is meh
ED is bad in the verse part / Damn whoever chose american composers when they could have tried french composers

As for french people not speaking french but japanese, damn the japanizing beam

Tbh i know very few anime that foreign people are speaking their own language, sometimes they try to have the foreign accent only. As for the comedic part dont compare it to Kimetsu but to Pandora Hearrts thats from same author.

Last edited:
That happened in Emma as well, they spoke Japanese not English. But it was made in Japan, so why wouldn't they speak Japanese?

Also love the music so far. I got a Madoka feel for some of it, as well as some of the animation. (Is it the same animator?) Like the strings track in the beginning. I hope for more variety. I like the one for the airship. And when Vanitas was fighting Noe. Which is anyone else annoyed with Vanitas' voice? I think he is a little too loud.

After watching the first episode and that Makinf Of video I'm more excited for the soundtrack. Still not into the Arabian track, but mebbe the full track might have something I like.
The only things that sucked were:
-The flute solo from the first track of episode 1 is lit the violin solo from Symposium magarum
-The choir seemed excessive. Like the track that plays when Vanita's first tried to attack the woman was perfectly fine being all instrumental. And the book theme was enough with just Hanae. Although I liked the part where the female and male sections sang separately.

That happened in Emma as well, they spoke Japanese not English. But it was made in Japan, so why wouldn't they speak Japanese?

Also love the music so far. I got a Madoka feel for some of it, as well as some of the animation. (Is it the same animator?) Like the strings track in the beginning. I hope for more variety. I like the one for the airship. And when Vanitas was fighting Noe. Which is anyone else annoyed with Vanitas' voice? I think he is a little too loud.
The director is the guy who did the monogatari series at shaft, so that explains the similarities with madoka's animation.

After watching the first episode and that Makinf Of video I'm more excited for the soundtrack. Still not into the Arabian track, but mebbe the full track might have something I like.
The only things that sucked were:
-The flute solo from the first track of episode 1 is lit the violin solo from Symposium magarum
-The choir seemed excessive. Like the track that plays when Vanita's first tried to attack the woman was perfectly fine being all instrumental. And the book theme was enough with just Hanae. Although I liked the part where the female and male sections sang separately.

I agree, the musics from the making off were pretty good ^_^, im more excited now. I just wonder why on Earth they 'd put an arabian music in a show about Paris ?

I don't know why you guys dislike the opening. It's v cute.
The ending I really don't like the first 20sec or so but the rest is aaite. Like the refrain but NGL I'm never sure what language it is, lol.

EP 2:
Can't believe gonna say this but OST carried this 2nd episode for me lol. Lotsss of new OST and I can say the good tracks are more than boring ones. Thank God the Vanitas theme played was without vocals else it could get annoying early.

Long ass OST(she film scored likely)! If they release it standalone might as well call it Accordion collections feat. Arabian tracks lol (we got like 2 alr) Newest one reminds me of mob psycho ost when Reigen is having customer lol
Interested in: Usual accordion-fes tracks, Corridor track(kinda old-school Kajiura some might like it), Running scene(pretty nice!), Jeanne theme..I think I forgot a track in the middle of the episode hmm I'll update later. Edit: It's the Welcome to Paris ost lol I kind of forgotten this good ost cause the background scenery is so beautiful! :love:

Speculah: There's a track that was kinda be future song? Maybe the OP/ED budget went to Insert songs in the future lol. I...think it's for Keiko? https://twitter.com/KeikoStaff/status/1407679607168409600 Collecting BLOOD? That was soo specific lol

Last edited:
Wow the music in this episode was absolutely great. Vanitas' music already has a standalone feeling imo.

Is that vibraphone on the funny track (cat teaser)?
The paris track is clearly fitting. Kind of minimal music but with a glorious period feeling (complex enough for the aristocrats to enjoy).
The accordion track with Commander Dante is great too. The guitar (?) and piano that follows are experimental too, I like it.
Fuck the short SFX track then.
Omg love the groove when they are ninja-running on the roof. Good-old Kajiura is still alive T_T ! Please let it be much longer in the album.
The string track when he opens the book is the only one that sounds very generic Kajiura here (is it the same track that features kajiurago?)
Jeanne: I think we were many here waiting for this kajiurago track with single violin and beat :) Love the progression !!! But will it be so short?
Dudes, we even have a brass / flute / harp track with enjoyable strings.

Best Kajiura's episode in a very long time imo, I just hope the same for the whole show but most importantly the album.

I loved the fight track, havent had solo violin track in long time (i think last time was that weird named track in SAO Alicisation named after the womang who tried to kill the vilain guy in his bed ) .

also loved the fast guitar track! Havent had one for ages as well!! Paris track was great (why on Earth there float feathers everywhere?)

the track with the harpsicord + violin was really good and touching

From this ep's music it seems like Kajiura has a real connection with the series and did not just write few dozen of tracks just to get done with it.

that makes me really excited for next episodes ^_^

Last edited:
I loved the fight track, havent had solo violin track in long time (i think last time was that weird named track in SAO Alicisation named after the womang who tried to kill the vilain guy in his bed ) .

also loved the fast guitar track! Havent had one for ages as well!! Paris track was great (why on Earth there float feathers everywhere?)

that makes me really excited for next episodes ^_^
Those were flowers George

I really liked what I heard. I think especially the guitar track on the roof (very el cazador ost sounding which is a good thing). looks like we'll get some nice chamber music and battle music :)

Finally watched the first episode and I actually quite enjoyed myself. Both the show (you can definitely see it's from the same author as PH) and music. That comedic drop to just accordion around 20min was fantastic, I loved the sound of that too - too bad it's probably not going to be there in the final released track (or have a seperate rendition).

If one ignores the airship track (Short PV9), the choirs were definitely the weakest part for me but I'll see how they work in tracks outside the show. Couple of the tracks feel like the next step from El Melloi II, just not anywhere near as mellow.

Onto ep2.
That was pretty fun again. When the rooftop track started I was ready for Emi Evans to start singing Song of the Ancients at any point, lol. Violin/Hanae's action track seems nice, I liked the buildup. The last BGM was the weakest.

Last edited:
Back