"Vanitas no Karte" music composed by Yuki Kajiura (OST on Feb 23, 2022)

Hmm I think sony girls will get this considering OP has male singer alr. If that's the case just please don't let it be Takanori Nishikawa not a fan of his voice. :bow:

I dont like all these high pitch voice ballad songs of male singers you get to hear on some shounen and otome anime.:notlistening:

Awwww yiissssssssss, new show. Awwww yisssss, new sound director. Awww yisssss, new staff in general.
Can't wait. I even liked the strings track, hue. It's airing in July, right?
I wonder if Jun forced the studio to hire Kajiura, hue.

well the strings melody is super reminiscent of all waltzes Kajiura's written lol.
but the accordion (kinda subtle it's there!) is nice too. (i have a feeling i will like the full ver.))

I did look at principal princess movie, and I was disappointed in that one (wasn't expecting much tho) , there was nothing original in it. Hopefully there will be some in this one.
it sounds like fresh meat all around so fingers crossed!

and the sound director has worked on really great shows so yay

Last edited:
Yes, close. In my mind it's mostly because the strings are literally shouting Kajiura, otherwise the new track is okay.

Knowing that the manga is serialized since 2015 and that she reads it since then, Kajiura better be very inspired with the music.
To be clear, character-driven and not action-driven score; but more importantly not only film-scored.

but the accordion (kinda subtle it's there!) is nice too. (i have a feeling i will like the full ver.))
Oh lawd, I didn't notice it at first. Hopefully, there's some French inspiration considering the setting. And some kajiurago by Joelle/Shaylee Mary.

Yeah the mixing(?) on the pv track isn't great. I like the accordion but I can only hear it if I concentrate, and even then it's still very faint.

Reminded me of symposium magarum, it's like those tv ads when they don't want to pay full rights but play a suspiciously similar knock off.

I think i'll wait till later, too much disappointment the last decade and don't want to start the new one being the negative nancy again.

Yes, a new project!

I will say that I unfortunately agree that the preview song sounds like Symposium Magarum, and while that song is perfect for PMMM, it feels a bit out of place here? I suppose it fits the atmosphere, but I see no Mermaid Conductor Witches in the preview and that is rather unfortunate. I’m sure there‘s better tracks to come, though, and we’ll just have to wait and see!

Also, hmm, isn’t it coincidental that, out of all the songs for the FJ live event, they just so happened to select the Pandora Hearts medley? And just before Kajiura was announced for a new Jun Mochizuki work? Patterns are quite fascinating.

Lets hope this just isnt the main theme of the soundtrack or half the tracks will be for trash bin.

I agree that them picking Pandora Hearts songs maybe was a hint.

It certainly could've been a ploy but do you really think they would pick a different song from the Talk Live's setlist (provided they would still release a live video without Vanitas on the horizon)? Like which? stone cold? I'm glad they went with this.

It certainly could've been a ploy but do you really think they would pick a different song from the Talk Live's setlist (provided they would still release a live video without Vanitas on the horizon)? Like which? stone cold? I'm glad they went with this.
Yeah, I do doubt they would have picked anything else. It would have been a lot more random. So while I doubt it was intentional, it‘s still an interesting connection.

Maybe at this point I should just get out a conspiracy board. She’ll totally be working on a show about flowers, home design, and animals, soon, because SHE TWEETED ABOUT ANIMAL CROSSING A BUNCH OF TIMES. IT ALL MAKES SENSE I SWEAR.

Back