"Vanitas no Karte" music composed by Yuki Kajiura (OST on Feb 23, 2022)

I think the BDmenu is strings x flute. The only brass I remember is in that uplifting track that plays at the end of episode 2 and 7. It is pretty egregious though so I really do have to wonder why she didn't just splurge on a real brass player. eh maybe it is real and the sound mixing for the episode was just kind of muddy. I remember thinking Fena's brass was fake too when I heard it in show.

Well then, much has changed in the last 2 days, lol. GibOSTnow.

Updated Banitas Cour1 BGM recap on mega.nz, if anyone cares. "cpm"
Code:
file/1hIkSDKb#e11uZolDOguZEdo8HvnFdzJYGxkxpR4BGOfowx8rL5c

After spending a day and a half revising these rips, I am looking forward to this OST a lot more. There's maybe 5 tracks I don't care about but I'm actively excited to hear clean versions of every other track in this 1st cour lot. Here's hoping Koiwa/Chinone don't disappoint.

Some notes:
  • if you still have the old rip, don't extract this to the same directory. There's a lot of changes. Some files were removed - some added, some filenames were changed - some not. Tracks have the same numbering as before for consistency in discussions, if anyone used these.
  • the hell I went through re-editing some of those tracks despite knowing for a fact the album versions will be different, lol. (cough 031)
  • learning from Fena I figured it's better to be excited when tracks end up being longer than shorter on OST so I tried a little extra in removing all loops that I noticed. I still left some for "reasons" (014 will surely be half the length with everything playing together) and some tracks will surely have extra stuff (as I know from PVs but also the first accordion solo of m001b never appearing in the show, or the flute part of m003)
  • Kajiura seems to like stopping and restarting tracks more than I remember from beforeFena
Thoughts on HanaeUntzuntz/032:
When it played in the show my reaction to it was so lukewarm that after a while I forgot they even used the BGM. After spending some time with it yesterday, it is now my most anticipated track. The synth bass that shines through sometimes makes me so happy. Hopefully I don't flipflop on it.

Of course right after posting I realize that the cour2pv1 track is 017 from the 1st cour, lol...
And 039 is 001a.

Gah. I want to reupload so much, lol. Oh well.
017/cour2pv1 have different parts so there's that at least.

Last edited:
Finally using the first part of 001b somewhere huh... would've been nice to have it last weekend to not rely on the 2nd cour announcement video, lol.

Edit:
Actually I lied. It's not 001b, different key too.
Teh confusion continues. Guess it's new or I messed up somewhere (cause it sounds so familiar)? v( ' ')v

Last edited:
Why does the BGM feel even more quiet than in the first cour? lol.

Edit:
Finally had the chance to skip through the episode again but with headphones:

m001c // op // 017, 012, 002?(damn those sfx tracks), new?045 // 028, 018, 024, 042 // ed

I'm kind of on the fence with the new track (Astolfo's theme?). It _seems_ pretty clear it's not the "full" sounding thing - they focused on strings and some guitar (which I'd say is the highlight of the BGM as they used it) but you can hear some very quiet drumming or drumkit underneath - feels like it should be louder. The strings also feel kind of empty so ?maybe? there is something extra there but they muted it? inb4 it's all there is and I don't actually hate it either way.

1 new track for a premiere is kind of whack lulz.

Last edited:
The first scene in the cart was a little bit boring I wanted to skip it just like the skyrim opening cinematic ^^

Feel like the music direction said "no" during the key scenes of the episode (beast appears, Jeanne appears, Astolfo appears, beast appears again...). With some other composers it would have been a big drop even louder than the screeching VAs. And here they insert the choir track for a "funny" moment...

I like the OP better than the first one, but imo it sounds like an ED, and there's nothing hype here. I also prefer the first ED.

Yea, it was weird with all the silence during big scenes. Guess they thought the visuals would sell the scenes enough?

I don't really mind the choral track since it stopping on a comedic bit was the point.

I don't like either of the new OP/ED but I will say the 1second of accordion before the refrain served as a nice link between the OP song and Kajiura's OST. I'd probably not mind the OP if it didn't have all the shitty effects on vocals but it is what it is. (And it does sound like an ED, agreed.)

I still kinda like the new BGM. A lil sad but a lil crazy. Somber but melodramatic. Fitting.

Last edited:
Its funny how in the trailers it was music + voices and no sfx and in the actual episode its voices + sfx but no music 😂 makes you think they thought the music was already applied.

I like the new bgm. Even though it's a strings fes that guitar scream was delicious, and I like whatever sound effect is going on in the background.

I do have to say, the voice actor for Vanitas sounds like he's having the time of his life lol

i really like the waltz...

i don't care for the op/ed at all.

i think hanae track might be really good (that violin..!!! ) . it's overpowered by the sfx tho in the middle. wait a nice cello/beats follow it hmmmmm

Last edited:
i think hanae track might be really good (that violin..!!! ) . it's overpowered by the sfx tho in the middle. wait a nice cello/beats follow it hmmmmm
Too bad they didn't give us much reason to believe it could be longer than 90s (not counting the sfx intro) between this episode and ep2 of 1st cour, lol.

hmm true. going by your 18, (which has some electronica? in the background now I realize) tsk, maybe there is an extra mid section. (i tried to find abrupt cuts or jumps but even if there were it's very hard to tell with the noises)

Yea, that's why I said it gave no reason to believe it could be longer.
I ~think~ it was all the same in this episode. AFAICT they only looped the violin solo twice and muted Hanae in the last part.
Hopefully it does have something extra but even if this is all there is, it's a nice little action track.

Edit:
Actually, the solo seems a little different between the 2 repeats. Unless they went extra hard in re-editing it for the scene, lol. Guess it might be 100s then. ;p

i have to say... the waltz. I don't think anyone writes music this way haha. maybe i'm wrong.

it's a waltz, with accordion one could say it's maudlin, even sad. but then there is intense choir. which FITS. I love it. (talking about 1b in particular)

Back