"Vanitas no Karte" music composed by Yuki Kajiura (OST on Feb 23, 2022)

So we have some 10 tracks that we've not heard yet at all. Surprised they included, what I believe is, that one synth brass track from the end of disc1 in the samples.

I'm not mad at some select titles despite them following our hated naming scheme. Like "inverse operation" is somewhat neat, in general and for that track in particular.

Typed out the tracklist. (So I'm not mad at some of the titles... but there are also some I'm definitely eyerolling at (like 2#20 and 2#21, edit: actually make that 2#17-21, lol). PS. Why is "Is this love?" capitalized? Hopefully it's a typo.)
DISC 1
01. the legend of the blue eyes
02. a symptom of something wrong
03. Paris, the city of light
04. a happy moment
05. in the city of flowers
06. the destiny waltz
07. never let anyone steal your true name
08. a curse-bearer
09. inverse operation
10. I was moved!
11. I will save you without fail!
12. I met him and he met me
13. when we three were together
14. I was amazed!
15. a snake in the grass
16. making a search
17. another peaceful day
18. a young noble
19. the crimson gauntlet
20. he met her and she met him
21. Is this love?
22. let's go on a date!
23. Paris, the city of darkness
24. she sings
25. look, here comes the parade
26. at the ball
27. she is a noble lady, my childhood friend
28. a fang of the Queen
29. a nobleman and his darkness
30. the covenant of blood
31. what my master said
32. now our story begins

DISC 2
01. I am Vanitas
02. and who are you?
03. there were calm days
04. my lost friend
05. trapped in the past
06. le chasseur
07. romantic battle
08. a speech of a madman
09. a young hunter
10. the tale of the beast
11. the ducal family
12. the automatons
13. she is our Queen
14. the alteration device
15. the sunlight and your solitude
16. a faithful man
17. we still can go together
18. if the time comes I'll kill you
19. why did you kill our father?
20. we can't choose how we live
21. if you want to save her
22. the gears of destiny

Last edited:
why did you kill our father? < Spoiler

i like how track #1 and #2 of disc 2 basically make a sentence lol and that reminds me of a game we used to have in the spam thread :XD:

ok those titles aren’t too bad. Still some oddballs but for the most part they all feel uniquely tied to the show.

look, here comes the parade <3

Is this love? Is this title from SAO? I hate this....

Is this love? Is this title from SAO? I hate this....

In SAO it was refering to Suguha/ Leafa crush for her brother Kirito, while in this it refers to Jeanne's feelings for Vanitasu
The reason why it has questionmark is because in both cases the one who feels like that isnt sure about them. In the first case its incest, while in the second one she loves and hates him at the same time lol Since the use in both cases is well-founded, i dont mind the repeatition.

Last edited:
In SAO it was refering to Sugaha/ Leefa crush for her brother Kirito, while in this it refers to Jeanne's feelings for Vanitasu
The reason why it has questionmark is because in both cases the one who feels like that isnt sure about them. In the first case its incest, while in the second one she loves and hates him at the same time lol
. . . I had listened to the SAO soundtrack without knowing what any of the tracks were used for. So I always just thought “Is This Love?” Was just a pretty song without any kind of emotional baggage.

Now that I have been made aware . . . Oh no. Oh no, oh no.

Also, “I met him and he met me.” Seems like a pop song lyric lol.

No songs :(

Paris, the city of light -> Paris la ville Lumière
let's go on a date! -> Rendez-vous
Paris, the city of darkness -> Paris Gare du Nord ;p
at the ball -> Bal Masqué
I am Vanitas -> Je suis Vanitas

I will not listen to the preview before the release. But what total length can we expect given the amount of tracks?
32 tracks: 60-70 min
22 tracks: 40-50 min
Minimum 1h40 up to 2h ?

i laughed so much when i saw “i met him and he met me”

perhaps “meet” is somewhat biblical ? as in. “to know” ?? evillaugh

too bad it doesn't have french titles or my expected titles like “he likes sucking” etc :(

@Justisamuel Fena OST had 22 and 20 on each disc respectively and if you break that huge land of east track you'd get 2 x 3:50 mins or 3 x 2:50, and the total duration was around 85 mins, so 1h and 25m

@wat11 more like "sexual assaulteur" or "masohist" :groucho:

@Justisamuel Fena OST had 22 and 20 on each disc respectively and if you break that huge land of east track you'd get 2 x 3:50 mins or 3 x 2:50, and the total duration was around 85 mins, so 1h and 25m
Forgot to mention that vanitas doesnt have OP/ED tv size so here's +3 mins free for bgms :)

btw i dont see any "eyecatch" title so those present on the rips will likely be omitted, unless they were just extracted from longer tracks.

Last edited:
Well, Fena was a lil' different when it came to worrying about things in that we had the number of tracks and the total length of the OST but no track names for the longest time. We didn't even know if Taiyou no Kouro would be included or not. In the end the BGMs averaged right under 2mins per track (if we ignored the film scored last track).

Here we have the tracks but don't know the length. In my rips I figure there were 40 tracks for 1st cour (let's say +1 if I messed up with SFX tracks) and they were 72mins long. 2 of those tracks though were only 4sec long eye-catches. From the rest some will likely be longer than they are in the rips, some might be shorter - but I really tried cutting loops out. The only ones that I'm 99.9% certain are accurate length (+/-sec for different mastering) are 001b, 003 and 004 because they were used in the 2nd cour announcement program with Vanitas's and Noe's seiyuus.

tldr: 2mins average seems like a perfectly fine guess. ;p We'll know soon.

btw i dont see any "eyecatch" title so those present on the rips will likely be omitted, unless they were just extracted from longer tracks.
Yea, we'll see.
Maybe VGMDB guy will update with track lengths by tomorrow, lol.

Last edited:
Also just noticed the bd menu track still has that skip/pop in this sampler. *shakesfist* Poo.
At least it's not a track I care for...

i liked all i heard. i especially appreciate the destiny waltz as a title because it is a waltz and super addictive:)

Back