Tattoos?

S

Seasonreaper

So, does anyone here have any? I don't recall seeing a single person at Japan Expo queuing for Kalafina having any and nor do I (although I'm contemplating it) so I'm kinda wondering if it's a trend that us Kalafina fans don't have tats :ayashii:.

Either way, I'm interested in seeing what people do, so if you do have any, be sure to post photos :goodjob:.

^ Maybe those interested in Japanese culture are aware of the old association between tattoos and being a member of a yakuza organisation?

I'm quite fan of tattoos and piercings on other people, but don't have any, for many reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tats looks good on some people - a few family members and friends of mine in NZ have them, but that's influenced by a long tradition that comes from the Maori side. Basically, Kiwis can wear them and make them look cool! Back home, both of my sisters have them, mainly for personal/family reasons - one has her daughter's name tattooed on her wrist, and the other has a spider on her shoulder in memory of our late uncle (he kept exotic pets).

I've never been able to commit myself to something so permanent though...what would I have? :confu:The name of a family member? A band logo? I never really decided. I really don't have the build for it either - I'm so self-conscious that I wouldn't want to show off any sort of skin decoration! I don't think a tattoo would suit me really.

I've never been able to commit myself to something so permanent though (...) I'm so self-conscious that I wouldn't want to show off any sort of skin decoration!
These two sentences totally applies to me too. I like to wear some jewellery (more discrete than those I wore at Japan Expo ^^), but it's hard for me not to hide them from other people, I'm too concerned about how I look (since I wasn't gifted at birth :XD:), thus I never were able to get any tat or pierce even if I would love to...

I dont wear tatoos or piercing, nor I will ever do, but some girly ones (like butterflies) are cute when girls have them

I'm too concerned about how I look (since I wasn't gifted at birth :XD:), thus I never were able to get any tat or pierce even if I would love to...

I used to think this way too but I guess being bullied throughout high school about by looks kinda conditioned me to not really care that much what people think. In fact meeting with friends (and meeting Kalafina :w00t:) are the only times I do actually put a lot of effort in to make sure I'm looking as best as I can. Of course I put some effort in to not look too scruffy if I'm out but I don't go out of my way most of the time.

Still, interesting posts so far.

Same issue, different reactions ^^
Because of bullying too, I always tried to look as unnoticeable as possible, not to catch the attention. I really don't like when people care about me.

For example, when I began college, I began wearing a ring. Because classmates got curious about it, I eventually had to take it off because I couldn't stand them asking me questions about it. Since then, I almost never wear it in public.

Since a couple months, I'm considering getting my ear pierced. I wanted to do it during last summer holidays. Nevertheless, I always found a good reason to delay it. As a result, I still haven't done it, and now that I've resumed work, it's near impossible.

I have a Yin-Yang Tattoo on my back Right Shoulder. I always wanted to get a couple Tattoos. I want to get something more Anime related on my front left shoulder however, but I'm unsure of what I want.

I choose these areas on my body because they are always covered and won't be seen by Employers if I have to go into an Interview. It is also pretty fun once in awhile to say I have a Tattoo when the subject comes up since very few people irl even know that I have a Tattoo since it can't be seen normally.

Back