• XenForo had been updated to 2.0.4. Report issues here.

Taku Iwasaki

maxwell9

Bowl of Yuki-shaped cereal
Because is not a crime to like another great japanese composer, let's talk about Taku :innocent:We can use this thread to review his music and post info about new releases.

When i first entered the anime fandom, Noir and Witch Hunter Robin were some of my first OST catch and i must say Taku's work was really good, i was really impressed with it, but somehow i didn't follow his career as i did with Yuki. I've been listening to bungou stray dogs ost and is really good, i love his approach to jazz and electronica, it's so different to Yuki and very original, it's a great relief when Yuki is autopiloting soundtracks.

I hope there are other fans of him here, let's gather around and talk :w00t:

grunty

I have reached Yuki nirvana
He good. I think Noragami+Aragoto CDs are my favorites of his recent years (since I actually have them on my shelf). I do wish he'd tone down on the dubstep as I feel he's been clinging onto it for quite some time now.

PS. His tracks with Yuri are usually more interesting than Yuki's but we kind of touched on that in Yuri's thread.

Last edited:

sora

Bowl of Yuki-shaped cereal
Ah, Taku Iwasaki. His soundtracks for the Read or Die OVA and the TV series were two of the first anime osts I ever listened to standalone. His jazzy and experimental stuff is fun, but for me, his string pieces are what I love the most. So romantic and stirring.

I haven't really been keeping up with his newer stuff; but the last thing I heard from him was gatchaman ost and I really liked that.

grunty

Is that Emily Bindiger song in the prologue anime new or old?
Edit: Corrected below.

Last edited:

grunty

Well, that's good to hear. Sounded a lot like her and especially in Kajifes, lol. (AKA not gud.) inb4 it's just my laptop speakers again and it doesn't sound anything like Emily to anyone else...