Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

Its today!! :sohappy:

airing times:

text.png

Re: Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Sword Art Online" anime

Ahhh I have to wait until tonight to watch. I want to watch now! So excited. Unless the people on the website I usually go to don't have it subbed yet. :knife:

We've lost Yuki Kajiura... :leaf:
But I liked how they edited the trailer music :D

^ The site won't open, and Malwarebytes gave a "blocked malicious site" warning shortly after I clicked the link... :uh..:

^ Dont worry, I use it all the time watch anime, its safe. Just install "Adblock Plus" plugging to bloc the ads it has because they slow down the streaming.

The music is really nice, it something between Tsubasa ( soft musics), Fate/Zero (Tokyo Konsei track)and Knk (preview bgm -SO KNKish). The music at the very start reminds me of Mai-Otome style.

I love the fast piano + beat track, reminds me again of slipstream lol
I will need to rewatch to hear again all the bgm because I dont remember tham now :XD:

@Kazado: what do you mean we lost her, the ep was full of music.

^ Thanks, but like I said, the site just won't open for me. I'll just have to watch it somewhere else :sparkleguy:

I watch it on nwanime.com, it works fine. :dote: I am liking the music so far, it seems to have more vocals than Fate/Zero did even though there has been 1 episode. heh The trailer music is great, and I love the piano song during the bore fight. I am looking forward to more episodes. (Man though, the creator of the game really is evil. His name kind of reminds me of Kyubey lol and doesn't he sound like the guy who played Seishiro in Tsubasa? I will have to look that up. Edit: It is not him but he looks really young for how he sounds heh) Overall I am enjoying it so far. :dote:

Well, I'm not particularly interested in the story (reminds me a lot of Pokemon's first movie for some reason), but the OST seems relatively promising at this point. I took notes while watching :dote:

love the "entering SAO" sequence, it's just gorgeous

fanfare is quite Mai-Otome-ish with hints of elemental gelade

same for the violin melody, REALLY elemental which is awesome cuz i love its ost

techno track reminds me of some elemental/tsubasa tracks, pretty good

piano + cello sounds like mino + kasahara, nice enough but nothing really special

nice how it builds into a classic YK melody, though it goes on a bit too long in the end

FX one is okay

I hear the storia/historia themes/symphonia FX again in the System Announcement scene XD
sounds like fake horns again
kinda elemental/mai-otome kinda theme

percussion/orchestra/horns theme is F/Z-esque, sounds like Korechan might be in there along w/Tokyo Konsei
oh yeah, he's in there

orchestral #2 when everyone's changed is F/Z-esque again

more fake horns -_-
really awesome theme though

piano + cello #2 reminds me of Velveteen Rabbit

trailer track again, woo

Here's hoping the OST is released solo, if only so I can get that awesome horn theme :stars:

ok ok I will be pretty frank the anime is badIMHO. I would rather watch hack//sign again that watch it.

Besides the use of music is weird. What is that abuse of orchestra tracks that has been lately on Kajiura works. You know, when you use a thousand orchestra works in a single episode it looses the epicness level.

I don't think would be able to watch more than 3 episodes of this.

I'm going to get the ost anyway it is pretty good. Unbalanced as for episode one but good.

:sparkleguy:

^ Remeber that where the music is put is not the composer's job but (sound) director's. Yup during the evil guy's explanations a non chorus music would be more fitting imo.

Re:

george1234 said:
what do you mean we lost her, the ep was full of music.
Full of music forgettable. She's no longer the composer who did music for Tsubasa, hack, PH, KnK or Satoyama. I feel nothing when I listen to her actual music (except RHH OST2). She has turned into another composer more.

Battle music with the frenzy boar? Could be better. And a lot of piano tracks. I mean, she did random music.

^ You just need to listen to the tracks more, its just natural to forget the music if you have listened to it only once and with dialogues and subtitles in-between.

found first ten minutes subbed on Youtube, bu only got five minutes or so before my provider decided to mess up with the services for the rest of the night (sure, Saturday night is the best time to do that[/sarcasm]). But there are already two tracks I'm looking forward to:
- Celtic-flavoured town BGM (folk music after all! Woohoo :cheer: )
- upbeat boar fight BGM. Would have been nicer if the characters stopped blabbering for a minute, but that's the eternal issue of watching an anime with Yuki's music :ohoho:

Sorry about Kazado's continuous bad luck at finding a new YK track to his liking, but I can't offer any help with it. My own expectations for the OST are met and rising so far. If the majority of the standout themes will be in "Erementar Gerad meets Fate/Zero" vein, we're already in for a treat. :plot:

Whoever has complains might as well write and send a message to Yuki via her mail form, mentioning the complains and the suggestions he/she offers for her to improve, since complaining here wont make her improve magically. (i have wrote one myself but I am still thinking of some parts of it before I send it)

Re:

george1234 said:
^ You just need to listen to the tracks more, its just natural to forget the music if you have listened to it only once and with dialogues and subtitles in-between.
Excuse me, I know when I fall in love and when I don't.

Nick Hunter said:
- Celtic-flavoured town BGM (folk music after all! Woohoo :cheer: )
Typical but attractive. Like I tried to say, the music for the episode was very generic.

Back