Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

some thoughts:
we meet we part is cool. not much of a track but cool.
oh wow, dee eye dii. like a blast from the past in the front but also new from the rear.
mind and will. why yes please. same as dee eye dii tbh.

so far v gud. hope it doesn't fall back on strings fast...

I kinda lost track of the track names already, w. so I probably won't be commenting more. yea, i totally lost track of the bgms lol.

Edit: the track order is messed up in this long upload, lol. no wonder I lost track of the names so fast.

Last edited:
um this is kind of nice lol

Where the hell was all of this music in the show lmao

Did a quick and dirty listen. I like all the vocal tracks. Luminous Sword in the Sky was beautiful, and the new swordland arrange is probably my fav to date.

Uillean tracks were pretty nice if not a bit on the bland side.

A little too much flute towards the end but I'd put this at least on par with vol 3. Not bad at all

My ears aren't good but the singer of the new Swordland arrangement isn't Remi right? I kind of want to say it's Shaylee but I'm never sure of these things.

Last edited:
the last track kinda got me.
I was expecting it to be a melancholy swordland (which to be fair we got earlier on the OST) and instead it's this.

War of Underworld OST1 was the worst of Alicization (with the amount of boring strings in the 2nd half) but after this OST2 it bears repeating - I can't believe Kajiura got her shit together on SAO.

Edit: messed up track order in that upload.

Last edited:
the last track kinda got me.
I was expecting it to be a melancholy swordland (which to be fair we got earlier on the OST) and instead it's this.

War of Underworld OST1 was the worst of Alicization (with the amount of boring strings in the 2nd half) but after this OST2 it bears repeating - I can't believe Kajiura got her shit together on SAO.
Yeah that last track was a swerve

And yeah, it only took 7-8 years to finally get a good soundtrack out of this series. At least Progressive, if she's really doing it, has better prospects now.

Ya I think I also heard that one so prob that piece kinda mixed with the others...still I need to relisten cause some tracks very very naisuu

It would seem the track order in the long upload was completely messed up beyond the first track, lol. Would kinda explain why I got lost so fast.

Yeah some of the tracks matched but others were completely off. Proper names match their tracks much better

Also, while the track titles feel like cheap/simple descriptions, there does seem to be continuity and thought put into them.

e.g.:
they're coming, slowly (from the first one)
they come attacking us
they're coming!

Last edited:
Out of curiosity: were these the only times "luminous sword in the sky" appeared in the anime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHUgXXVEwxY#t=32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD7DYKcX5sI#t=32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B70qqQ1_jc0#t=10

I understand why they would do it like they did, but still. Or did Kajiura not complete her whole track in time, lol. Would be neat if they still included it in this form on OST.
I didn’t really watch the anime, but I’m fairly certain that’s the only time the track plays.

just another example of Iwanami doing Kajiura dirty (though that doesn’t really explain why past OSTs were so dull)

No i think there was a second time but not this long, there was just the "ahh" on the second time.

So far i like the vocal tracks and the Shasta one. In that channel from the individual videos there is no track #7

Last edited:
In that channel from the individual videos there is no track #7
It's there for me. BmY2cjs1c9s

I'm waiting for teh lossless to relisten. I think it's solid.
Do I think it's as good as Alicization OST3? Or even OST1-2? Not sure. Those three were a breath of fresh air with a literal climax nut in the 3rd. Deffo better than WoU OST1 though.

Fingers crossed for that standalone Alicization Music Collection.

Last edited:
Ost 3 is the best for me, in this one the battle tracks seem to be kinda chaotic, if these were better it would be a tie. But yes i ll relisten too, just made these vids to mp3.

On "death angel" isnt that Yuriko ? Or Remi again ?

After relisten i love the electronica on "time limit" and the sax Vassago tracks <3
"they come attacking us" - they re comming" are delicious too, but on the first one kinda repeatitive. Btw i dont think these were ever played in the anime.

The swordland arrangements are great in this one as well (together we're awesome, good old friends)
"called to arms" is probably one of the experimental tracks.
Iskahn - I didnt even know this dude had this name lol Delicious guitar but the strings are bland.

Last edited:
My ears aren't good but the singer of the new Swordland arrangement isn't Remi right? I kind of want to say it's Shaylee but I'm never sure of these things.
It is Remi, just singing with a more open voice, and kinda pop.
On "death angel" isnt that Yuriko ? Or Remi again ?
Definitely Remi.

Really enjoying the soundtrack. I knew there were going to be tracks that weren't used in the anime, but yisus kuraisuto, like half the soundtrack wasn't used. And for other tracks only like half was used.

Because they decided to do a ton of flashbacks and use old ost bgms on these. This sound director has a talent of never using the best tracks of each soundtrack, i wonder if its a way to make people more eager to buy the BD release, but on the other hand it has the opposite effect since most people who arent into SAO much have 1 less reason to go and get if the music they heard while watching isnt good.

Idk why but certain tracks give off a .hack // - noir style in the way the sound effects and instruments are used , esp the vassago ones, or time limit.

Last edited:
Back