Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

There's a new trailer on the official site (CM2), but there's nothing new on it, music-wise too, seems like they are chopping the big trailer in pieces to make the CMs

KOKIA would be awesome, but I don't see any good odds for such a collab, especially since KOKIA's a songwriter on her own. :spotlight:
Emily actually might seem more probable - Eri and Kaori are mostly heard on JVC tie-ins as well, but Yuki did manage to bring both of them to RHH2, and Eri is also there in MadoMagi and Fate/Zero. Not to mention Yuriko in Kalafina songs. So... :plot: And I'll welcome new Emily/Yuki songs anytime. I like forest alot, ETYKM is among their best collabs IMHO, and so is March... Sigh, March SO needs a hug for all its underestimated-ness. Am I really the only one here who loves it? :rain:

And if there's no Emily, then Kaori and Eri are known for singing English songs as well (and Eri's pronunciation is definitely not bad). Then again, this is assuming there are going to be English songs in the first place. Judging whether SAO will actually move along .hack/SIGN's course and to what degree is a bit far-fetched for now. And even if they do decide to go with songs in BGM, will English be the choice? First, .hack/SIGN was made in the days when Kajiuran was still in blueprints for the most part. Second, I can't recall a single English song Yuki's ever done with Sony so far (Mune no Yukue doesn't count). Not that it's ever to late to start... :ayashii:

KOKIA F*** YEAH! I've wanted a KOKIA/Kajiura project for a while. But as said before, Kokia is a song writer of her own so not likely, unless Yuki does the arrangements. Even that would still be great, it's part of why I find the El Cazador opening so enchanting. savage genius is great already, Yuki makes it perfect.

Only other issue is, Kokia is with Victor/Flying Dog and this will be under SME most likely but I do see Kokia hop onto Lantis quite a bit whenever she works with Hikaru Nanase (or Masumi Itou -- whichever she goes by for that particular work) so not totally impossible she'd go over to Sony for one project.

---------------

The songs with Emily from Hack are perfect, same for 'my long forgotten cloistered sleep', 'forest' and 'i reach to the sun' were so-so, but Im really disappointed with "March", and the chorus of Fiction II's 'maybe tomorrow". If Yuki is going to release some new english song in

WHAAA :omg: I LOVE those Songs, (well Reach for the Sky not so much but it's not a bad song) and "Every Time You Kissed Me" I love her FictionJunction artists sure but Kaori's Engrish kind of hams up "Tsubasa" (thought I love the song anyway) Personally the Bindiger/Kajiura collab never gets old for me. March though wasn't terribly interesting for me either. Oh well you win some you loose some.

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
hack/SIGN was made in the days when Kajiuran was still in blueprints for the most part.

i know what you mean...and if this turns possible it would be like a fresh back to basis....needless to say yuki/emily's will always be welcome for me....maybe with some sax and electronic stuff..... :nosebleed:

well, if we're to expect for FICTION III...
and new emily songs
yuki should be composing more for flyingdog sponsored animus

I welcomed English songs, but I'm not really into Emily's voice. Or most of Kajiura's English vocalist, with exception of Deb Lyons and Clara Kennedy. To be honest, I prefer those 2 to sing English songs. Emily sounds like she's dying on Fiction II new songs.. MLFCS is Xenosaga unreleased track, so that doesn't count. March and her chorus in I Swear is blah.

Probably referring to March refrain, although it sounds like a mix of sadness and passionate longing to me and goes extremely well with the lyrics and melody.

^ Personally, I find her I Swear chorus to have more of the "dying" sound...Emily sounds choked and almost screechy there, probably because she's pushing her voice to the top of her range instead of using falsetto. Unfortunately, that's one of the things that ruins I Swear for me.

At any rate, I'm not a fan of Emily's voice, so I would definitely love to have a few Deb Lyons songs in the future. But I still think that, even though this anime seems to have SIGN similarities, it'll end up with a F/Z-esque OST because that's Kajiura-sensei's style nowadays. I'm expecting Eri, Yuri, Hanae, Tokyo Konsei, etc. out of it :sparkleguy:

Well, it did take me some time to get used to I Swear chorus, Emily doesn't often sing like that indeed (Fake Wings is the only other example I can think of), although it never presented a real problem with me. As to SAO, I anticipate something along the lines of Hokuto no Ken and Fate/Zero, too, since all that "heroic" atmosphere seems due.
Sigh, it would be nice to have something Celtic-flavoured again. Yuki and bagpipes... :comeback:

Re:

ninetales said:
But I still think that, even though this anime seems to have SIGN similarities, it'll end up with a F/Z-esque OST because that's Kajiura-sensei's style nowadays.

the terrible truth... :uh..:

Re: Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Sword Art Online" anime

I actually like a lot of Emily's songs. (Fake Wings was not among them though, maybe since it was just played so much during the anime. heh) I wouldn't mind her in Sword Art. It would be cool if she did a Kajiuran song, but had some English parts in it, but that's just me. Btw I like the 15 second preview. :dote:

Re: Re:

takfogger said:
ninetales said:
But I still think that, even though this anime seems to have SIGN similarities, it'll end up with a F/Z-esque OST because that's Kajiura-sensei's style nowadays.

the terrible truth... :uh..:
I don't get what you mean for F/Z-esque because for me, its closest relatives are 'heroic' Hokuto no Ken OSTs and I don't feel that this style is often used in Yuki's presently works...:confu:. But if you mean the choices of kajiurago vocalists: Eri, Hanae, Yuri, then it makes sense for me. (But it isn't about OST style IMO...) Well...I miss Xenosaga days with Deb Lyons voice as well....

Back