Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

Re:

george1234 said:
what is that gif supposed to mean ? (that guy looks sad)
Emotions, boy :)

george1234 said:
By "he" the title means Kayaba Akihiko (not Kirito) because he was controling the game. Dont forget when the music was used.
And? Crappy title XD swordland = good, he rules us = bad, random, very random

Here's the cover of the 5th BD/DVD volume
package05.jpg

You can also listen to sample of the character song that's included (Yui) http://www.swordart-online.net/package/index05.html

Damn, the character songs are so silly, couldnt they ask Yuki to do them, like in the Gundam Seed days ? :uh..:

I find this coverart to be chaotic, too many things stuffed in 1 pic.

Re:

george1234 said:
^ Can you suggest a better one? "Unexpected turn of events" or "The guy in the hood" ?
It's difficult to find a good title for this song, maybe something with "prelude to......" or... well, I don't know. It has been used in several scenes, like when Kirito joins to the knights, eg. I only say that "he rules us" doesn't inspire epicness.

wat11 said:
i think the title is nice, it reminds me of "he left us courage" from hokuto no ken :)
he left us courage is the title for a song from a specific scene, and the title defines the music.

More crappy titles? we have to defeat it. My god, very easy title, very random. You used multiple vocals and drums and... orchestra. Try again :)

we have to defeat it. My god, very easy title, very random.

to be fair, it DOES coincide with the scenes the song played in. :XD: :ayashii:

If people really want to complain about originality of the titles, I'm surprised nobody mentions Despaired. That's about the fourth time I encounter a track with "despair" in the title in Yuki's OST. :XD: And her last work had "In a Foreign Town" which sends my mind back to Madlax. With Yuki's enormous music library and her area of work (dealing with similarly themed or mood-driven scenes repeatedly in different shows), I'm glad she still manages to come up with mostly new titles, odd as they may sound at times.

Re:

grunty said:
It's not a bad soundtrack and I really like the Remi tracks. Much like with Fate/zero OSTs I enjoy it more without the show.

Agree with grunty, just difference in I still don't enjoy Fate/Zero OST. Well, maybe I just have to listen to F/Z ost again. But I've deleted it, 'cause I'm still not liking it even after twice listening. Well, maybe third's the charm, lol.

I'm still hating the show.

^ What you deleted, the FZ or the SAO one ? :@_@:

Personally I never delete any of her releases because it frquently happens to me to underestimate a number of BGMs from one soundtrack and start liking them 1-2 years later + they become rare to find after time passes.

^
The F/Z one. You did know how I describe F/Z OSTs as "a bunch of strings and strings and strings", George :XD:

Well, I'm the type who I don't like a song at first, and then will like it at some point, but after that back to not liking the song again, but if I liked a song, I won't get bored by that song no matter how many times I've listened to it. So it's a waste for my laptop memory to store a whole pack of OST I most likely will end up hating again.

^ I understand if you delete the SFX tracks, but deleting point zero, the battle is to the storng, assasin, let the stars fall down, legend, the beginning of the end, is a bit too much since they are pretty good and you should had kept them :XD:

^
I only keep let the stars fall down and Babylonia from all the OST. I really like dogfight at the beginning when it's only the SFX and the delicious guitar, but then the strings come again and I'm just tired from listening all strings. :XD:

I know I'm weird, but I never really liked point zero, the beginning of the end, and the battle is to the strong. The legend is simply boring.

Come oh point zero is probably the epicess music of all the soundtrack after 'this day and never again' the way the music builds up with the strings is just unique to Yuki's discography. Going to my exam :sohappy: < walks, doesnt run.

^
I've re-listened all F/Z tracks, because they're still there on youtube. And my opinion still hasn't changed.

Enough of my rambling about F/Z ost in SAO thread. :XD: At least I like SAO tracks. The director is pretty much in fault for using the same BGM over and over again, or cut the song when it's not the better/epic part of the songs to the point there's some tracks I didn't recognize/know when did the show use that song. Or maybe because I'm hating the show that I don't really recall it. I've always hated typical harem anime like this. Looking at how Kirito had sex with Lisbeth when he's in love with Asuna in the light novel just make me sick.

^ That part was actually cut from the novel too, that scene was only in the web version that the writer had give out, which was available before the SAO novel was published. I just heard about thism but the Asuna sex is still inside as chapter 16.5 of volume 1.

I dont know if you noticed, but the order of the track in the soundtrack (except "swordland") is complitely wrong compared to when the tracks were used in the anime or the story line, and that affects greatly the feeling the soundtrack creates, since now all SFX tracks are gathered at the beginning and one might get bored before reaches the good tracks that are after 'march down'.

In comparison, madoka's and fate/zero's were in right order.

:XD: Have you guys see this ??
[DANGER might contain spoiler]
skip to 4:00 for his thought of yuki's music here in SAO~
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjytC-rIC8U[/youtube]
:XD: the way he sees yuki's music is hilarious~

^nice call....hahahah i always thought kajiurago had something to do with snacks.....coffee soda..♪ ...nice review anyway

F/Z's review.... :nosebleed:

welcome to the forum btw! :XD:

LOLs I never thought of snacks while listening to kajiurago, I guess it depend on each person's imagination.

good review but he pronounced Yuki's name wrong :blood:
and it bugs me how he shows cruchyroll as the only source of anime streaming :uh..:

^ It's kinda related with his European accent, I guess. I presume he's British?

Anyways, I really loled at coffee soda toffee pasta coffee soda give me coffee. Requesting for lyrics change for this song. :XD:

I can't imagine how Yuki reacts when she hears this. :XD:

Back