Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

how curious...

an elevator clerk : this is uninteresting on its own but I imagine it worked well in the show. it's kinda soothing.

The Blue rose sword battle : wow Kajiura is so heavy on cello nowadays huh. gosh I don't think any other composer uses cello the way Kajiura does. I really like this song. It's again like a story with multiple layers.

Fizel&Linel : wow, excellent blend of... everything. wonderful orchestration. it's ambiguous at first then it's more doubtful in feeling. love it.

a desperate battle, no way back: I like this one too. The electronica and strings were done well. the midsection electronica yesssss. Despite the familiar strings section, Kajiura thought of adding various electronic sounds that make this track interesting :)

she was sitting under the osmanthus tree : I ACTUALLY LIKE THE NAME OF THIS SONG. It's super memorable. and holy shit. I expected yea another cutesy track then POOW. The ominous triangle, beats, electronica then choir.... The innocent flute blends in ah it's so good. I am not watching the show but I can tell that this character has two sides ? (lol I really don't know).

Bercouli: love this one too. the electronica and strings are equally stressed. lovely strings though haha. yes the choir is sort of hard to hear but I can't help but feel this was intentional on Kajiura's part.

Chudelkin: love it. I love the strings exiting the song.

the battle with Chudelkin: yep autopilot. but actually despite that, I like it. especially at the end, the cello+strings.

his pain and anger: not sure about this one. ok I guess. I like the beats.

Alice synthesis thirty: This could indeed be more. I like the cello part of course.

telling the old story: usually I pass these, but the strings+cello were great. especially the end where it fades.

Underworld: I like it. I feel this can have lyrics :)

who shall win the battle & if I could reach your hand & if she was here#2 & I wish I could be with him & now Alice you're back & a holy sword in his heart: hmm meh. ok I guess.

1EMON: wow love this one. try hearing piano behind the cello/beats before the first minute mark, it's great :)

the battle with minions: nah I'll pass this one.

Sword Golem: another lovely strings+electronica track that worked. esp. that electronica at the end.

she can't stand for it: ah love it love it. lovely flute+strings. the middle.... ah so good. takes you by surprise. harp is a great addition.
at the end of the song though. wow. love it. this is not so common in Kajiura's songs. the fading strings after 1:44.

this is an excellent soundtrack. It deserves a 9/10. wow never thought I would give a SAO ost a 9.

what was ordinal scale soundtrack again ?

there is so much effort, thought, emotion. Yaiba and this thumbs up. I don't think Fate osts don't come close to this ost's level. weird, like SAO OST?

For Yaiba i think it was expected to be good, i mean, she actually competes with an other composer on who does the best bgm for it, and she also has her old friend in there, im sure Chiaki saying yes to help her, after so many years, made her super happy, and that can be seen on the YK Live pics. That does affect inspiration and effort.

About SAO it was unexpected yes. I already knew it was gonna be better than before since i had seen the show, but didn't know that the studio was so stupid as to not use all the track available. Also plot so far does not justify the inspiration for good music

Kirito gets a part job about testing new dive tech. Death gun dude injects toxin. So he is brought to the secret base for rehabilation inside the software. In game his real life memories are blocked. He is found in somwle village by a woodcutter who cuts same huge tree years now lol. Kirito remembers there is other sword in cave from when they were kids in-game. Tree is finally cut, so they set to find Alice who was arresting for setting foot in underworld. They win the entrance competition (bgm in ost 1 but totally skipped as an event by the studio) and become swordman. Rapists rape kohais few months later and they breach the taboo index. They get imprisonned for killing higher elites, escape prison and kick with plot armor all intergrity knights and find brainwashed alice too after talking with some kind of antivirus program loli. Way up an old looks complex nudist seduces Eugeo and him by her side. Plot armor and he is back with kirito. They both kick nudist admin's ass and will prepare for the invation of a digital Mordor. Meanwhile IRL Asuna finds the facility and finds out real purposr of experiment which was to train human souls clones into killing in order to be used as OS for war robots. Some kind of organisation tries to steal the tech (cliffhanger)

I dont think the plot justified the inspiration So maybe do the 2 other possible factors:
- Quit from spaceacraft
- change of sao director
- maybe the shame from that SAO cancelled concert in US played a role to play more attention to the franchise.

Last edited:
she was sitting under the osmanthus tree : I ACTUALLY LIKE THE NAME OF THIS SONG. It's super memorable. and holy shit. I expected yea another cutesy track then POOW. The ominous triangle, beats, electronica then choir.... The innocent flute blends in ah it's so good. I am not watching the show but I can tell that this character has two sides ? (lol I really don't know).

She has a sweet side from Eugeo's memories and her current integrity knight side where she is with the Administrator and has to punish the prison escapers 😉 compare this with ost 1 alice bgms

this is an excellent soundtrack. It deserves a 9/10. wow never thought I would give a SAO ost a 9.

what was ordinal scale soundtrack again ?

there is so much effort, thought, emotion. Yaiba and this thumbs up. I don't think Fate osts don't come close to this ost's level. weird, like SAO OST?

Lol yes its so weird how the same franchise has both her worst ever soundtrack and one of her best 😅

Last edited:
Thanks George. I have to open it on my pc so that I can access all the bid. Weird.

My opinion : wow. Just wow. This is the best SAO OST ever. Even better than her work on heaven's feel

Dont know if anyone noticed, but "she was sitting under the osmanthus tree" has a bit of Lacrimosa at its ending choir 3:07 vs Lacrimosa 2:21 (pay attention to the Hanae part there)

Btw if you 're wondering what 1EMON is i remembered just now Its the robot that techy guy makes at RATH to which they plan to install the AI souls once they are ready, its pronounced "Ichiemon" (aparently "Ocean turtle" is played instead in that scene)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Dont know if anyone noticed, but "she was sitting under the osmanthus tree" has a bit of Lacrimosa at its ending choir 3:07 vs Lacrimosa 2:21 (pay attention to the Hanae part there)
That's a stretch to link those two.

Thanks for the pronunciation on 1EMON, since I was totally reading it as lemon lol.

^ haha okay.

me too lol I think the track fully reflects that robot. Piano + clarinet = the funny shape and behaviour, cello = the dark purpose they make it for, also totally fits the scene. Directors are losers lol. 5:57 here

Last edited:
At least if this track goes live one day, we’ll understand the pronunciation. Unlike « she was sitting under the osmanthus tree », is she goes like « arishizeeeeshon ».
That could be mistaken with some weird meaning lol.

Well I'll be damned, Aliciziation ended up being a lot better than expected, music wise anyway.

-An elevator clerk: It's nice. Feels less empty than typical, minimalist Kajiura piano track.
-The blue rose sword battle: Oof dat intro. Kajiura cello solos have been pretty good lately. The motif from the previous OST came back~Love it. This ain't no Swordland @grunty !
-Fizel and Linel: Oboe~ Love the phases the track goes through. It starts off pretty quirky, like a joke theme, then it feels kinda regal, and it ends feeling all evil n shiet. More oboe plis.
-A desperate battle, no way back: Dat bass line is almost Final Fantasy-like. I usually don't like the FBM SAO battle themes, but I like the melody in this one, and the synth around the middle of the track is bretty cool... it reminds me of a FF track, but I can't remember which one. Maybe Kajiura recently played, hue.
-She was sitting under the osmanthus tree: pretty intro. Dat build up for the next part. it feels weird how the track is all epic n shiet, but the flute carries a good chunk of the instrumental part. It works, but it feels so unusual hue. The first part where the choir sings I was like "less chants, more melody plis", but I really liked (and didn't mind the chants) the choir after the instrumental part. Probably because the choir was the focus all the way to the end.
-Chudelkin: Moar evil, quirky oboe~ The melody line is very well done. It didn't repeat at all.
-The battle with Chudelkin: MOAR evil oboe! Was kinda hoping for a crazy oboe solo... I still liked the strings tho, and that weird as fuark synth.
-His pain and his anger: I like the bass line, but other than that I don't really care for this track hue.
-Alice Synthesis Thirty: Oooh nice and weird electronica version of Alice's motif, hue.
-Telling the old story: It ain't bad, but don't care much about it.
-Underworld: Oooff love it. Her moody tracks with cool beats are almost always delicious.
-Who shall win the battle: The strings are meh. The guitar, drums and synth carry the track and make it enjoyable~
-if I could reach your hand: It doesn't do much, but it's quite pretty.
-if she was here #2: Same as above. 00:46 and did it myyyyy wayyyyy...
-I wish I could be with him: Oof, very lovely. It's actually surprising how much I like it considering it's a piano solo Kajiura track.
-1EMON: Is this Iemon or Lemon? Or Oneemon, hue. Anyways, it's so delightfully quirky and evil. The oboe really is an instrument of evil in SAO.
-The battle with minions: gosh, that synth is so KUURUU.
-Alice, now you are back!: Nice, dramatic strings with Alice's lovely motif.
-Sword Golem: Not very intadasting or exciting.
-she can't stand for it: The track feels very 2006 Kajiura, which of course means I love it.
-a holy sword in his heart : Standard Swordland arrangement.

-The blue rose sword battle: Oof dat intro. Kajiura cello solos have been pretty good lately. The motif from the previous OST came back~Love it. This ain't no Swordland @grunty ![/SPOILER]
iSuck. What's new? I don't have my OSTs with me plz2inform me. :( Seemed like the same merodi as find your sword in this land so I went with swordland as per norm...

The first time the chorus comes in during she was sitting under the whatever tree made me think of stock action trailer choirs but since it was unexpected in a Kajiura track and thankfully more stuff started happening underneath fast, I liked it. :)

^ In the anime in episode 14, during the fight with the intergrity knight with the dragon, they played "find your sword in this land" for Kirito and right after when it was Eugeo's turn to attack, played "blue rose sword", so i guess the first track is Kirito's theme in Alicization and the blue sword is Eugeo's. having the same melody is no issue. After all people call Eugeo as "blonde Kirito" lol. Because of the common melody i thought that both were 1 bgm, at that point.

@Lorde-Kowz Its Ichiemon, check few posts back.

Last edited:
I swear if they won't give Bercouli track justice next season... :voodoo:

At least if this track goes live one day, we’ll understand the pronunciation. Unlike « she was sitting under the osmanthus tree », is she goes like « arishizeeeeshon ».
That could be mistaken with some weird meaning lol.

At least it's not Alice Synthesis Thirty no Uta :ohoho:

George, I heard he's still alive along with Deusolbert so we'll gonna hear those tracks next cour. I guess we'll gonna thank SAO for early release haha

Nope. Not gonna touch that song. Imagine being released first than the first ED. There's also an interview on KNY producer about Kajiura and Shiina in ANN. lolworthy about the trust shit they spew lols. Just tell then they need that Kajiura clout.

^ Well you know japanese with they tatemae, they are gonna speak positive of someone even if they hate him. Especially during interviews when their face is put to test. Its ridiculous how we only have the TV size of a song with LiSA, its not someone not famous, she releases new single every 2 weeks or so lol so what's so difficult about releasing "from the edge" ?

Back