Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

ALAC version is available on the source site from the mp3 torrent.

It's not a bad soundtrack and I really like the Remi tracks. Much like with Fate/zero OSTs I enjoy it more without the show.

Got it means when asuna fight with boss in episode 2
beautiful remi voice...

@wat: I love the first town! I will submit my review later

@george: It doesn't actually have the credits of the soundtrack in the book for some reason. I looked, it has just the main ones, but not for the ost. Strange.

Yes I got them too but there's no page saying "soundtrack staff: or "Musicians" There sint even a "all music by Yuki Kajiura" line or something

seriously :uh..: (I think I am going to email Yuki)

Liana_Ilia said:
@george: It doesn't actually have the credits of the soundtrack in the book for some reason. I looked, it has just the main ones, but not for the ost. Strange.[/color]

Is it not on the backside of the tracklisting insert? At least it looks like an insert card in the scans, lol.

george1234 said:
There sint even a "all music by Yuki Kajiura" line or something

There is, next to the tracklisting.

Right. Couldnt they paste the ost credits under it, they ate all the pages with stupid stuff and forgot to put the most important thing :uh..: (+ a Kajiura-san interview)

Will later write my review.

just listened to some songs (the remi ones)

anyways, luminous sword is almost 2 and half minutes but I only heard a bit of it from the anime :ayashii:

Re:

george1234 said:
Right. Couldnt they paste the ost credits under it, they ate all the pages with stupid stuff and forgot to put the most important thing :uh..: (+ a Kajiura-san interview)

Will later write my review.
Yes, where is Remi? We need info about her in the soundtrack. :cry: :omg:
OST sounds very enjoyable :sohappy: :dote: :shy:

What I really like in this soundtrack is that it has most of its tunes new, and Yuki even tried new things (like celtic music with e.guitar in March Down or the electronic music in "Fight", also liking the Remi and Tokyo Konsei tracks, I will talk about them later.

This soundtrack also had many surprises since the director had use only half of some tracks in the anime :dote:

As always they love to put all the solely SFX tracks into the First soundtrack >_>

Oh, okay. I will try and scan it in awhile then. Thanks grunty.

EDIT: Here is my review. Going to only talk about the ones I really enjoyed, since there are a lot of SFX songs, not that I really hate them, they are just not that special.

Luminous Sword: Probably my favorite off this soundtrack so far. I love the strings, the vocals (which reminded me of Credens justitiam) and everything about it. I love this style, since I am a fan of Blackmore’s Night it’s kind of Renaissance Faire-ish.

The First Town: My second favorite for the same reason. It sounds a bit more like the Assassin’s Creed 2 soundtrack, or Lord of the Rings (the softer songs of course). And it also reminded me of fairyland from WFS. The violin is lovely.

March Down: Love the title, and again the style, same theme as Luminous. The guitar is also cool.

Everyday Life: A very sweet song. I like the flute a lot, reminds me of Tsubasa. The soft drum is nice too.

Swordland: Of course is the main theme of the show, and is awesome. Is a lot like Rule the Battlefield, which I love, so no problem there. The vocals are wonderful.

Survive the Swordland: Another version of the theme, beautiful. There were parts in the show where this was used I think and it did not seem to fit, but I still like it.

In Your Past: An even slower version of the theme. Reminded me of if you leave from fate/zero.

We Have to Defeat It: I really like the title, but the song might have to grow on me. I like the chorus, but it’s a little to opera for me.

Confront Battle: I actually did not like this song while watching the show, probably because they used it too many times, but now it’s growing on me. The violin’s kind of all over the place though. Heh

A Tender Feeling and Nightfall: Both pretty songs.

A Narrow Escape: I call this the chase song, and I love its creepiness. I loved it in the show and love it now as well.

He Rules Us: Nice! I love the feeling I get when I listen to this song, like I can do anything. Heh

Fight! : I love the piano again, like in painful #2. Reminds me of some of the X anime music.

A Tiny Love, Gracefully, Smile for me: All nice songs. Very pretty and relaxing again.

The rest are okay. I was a little worried since the first half was not that good, but then the 2nd half had Luminous Sword and other awesome songs. I am please I got this soundtrack and can’t wait for the 2nd one since it has more vocals and the piano song I want.

In case someone hasn't found it :V:

I wasn't really looking forward to it but I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

This soundtrack also had many surprises since the director had use only half of some tracks in the anime

Okay can anyone tell me what episode was this played????

My first town.

I recognized the instrumental part but never heard the vocal part :(
this is so wrong.

^ Yes the vocal part was never played on the series, the music played during the 2nd episode, before Kirito talk with Asuna (before that scene with the "creamu" on the sandwich thing) and also a big part of it during the 4th episode beginning, when Kirito was chatting with Sachi the member of that grild that later on got killed.

Something else that was never played on the anime is the guitar in March Down.

@Liana: Did you found the part of the booklet grunty was talking about, is there anything there?

and can’t wait for the 2nd one since it has more vocals

It doesnt, the ALO OST used the vocal tracks that are in this soundtrack, the only new vocal track is the Tokyo Konsei one that was played in the 2 last episodes, all the other tracks are instrumental. (unless the director ate more vocal parts of tracks like in First Town)

Profile text of REMI I just updated the site with, for everyone that wants to know more about her http://canta-per-me.net/yukis-vocalists/ (listed as Tanaka, Remi)

remi.jpg

Tanaka, Remi
田中玲美 Born January 6, 1977 in Tokyo

REMI is a Japanese female singer with very light operatic voice, similar to a mezzo-soprano. She started classical singing in high school at 16. She also used to be in the wind instrument music club while in school, playing the flute and clarinet. After graduating from high school, she majored in classical music and musicals in a Music school. After graduating she started off as a free vocalist, and every month was performing music that she had written with her friends from school. One of her first works as a professional singer is the ending theme of the game “Memories Off 2nd” titled “Ashita Tenki ni…”. She has worked with composers Yasuharu Takanashi (Naruto, Shiki, Fairytail, Toriko etc.), Hiromi Mizutani and other Team-MAX members. She has also been a member of the band “Sound Horizon”, appearing in the releases of Shonen wa Tsurugi wo…, Roman, Seisen no Iberia, Moira, and Märchen. Remi was also present at the “DreamPort 2008″ concerts, a collaboration between Sound Horizon and Yuki Kajiura. She’s also releasing solo works under the nicknames REMI and Ventoarioso. Remi collaborated for the first time with Yuki Kajiura on the Sword Art Online anime Original Soundtrack I, providing vocals for the tracks “Swordland”, “We have to defeat it”, “Luminous Sword”, “A Narrow Escape”, “First Town”.
Official Blog http://blog.goo.ne.jp/remi117/

Brief first impression:
- a handful of usual BGM SFX
- a handful of calm and pretty tracks
- a handful of some curiously and nostalgically oldschool ones (like A Tense Situation, which reminds me of the early 2000s in Yuki's music)
- a handful of really delicious tracks
- We Have to Defeat It and Luminous Sword that brought me to quick but blissful death through massive eargasm and blood loss :imdead: :nosebleed:

To be continued after I dig into the album enough, but I like it a lot. :dote:
Also, nominating SAO for Most Criminal Underuse of Yuki's Music :knife: :knife: :knife:

@joel: Yeah, I think the first town was used in the beginning of the show? When they were in the sword shop? Not sure though.

@george: About the vocals, oh, I thought there were more I guess. In any case I am still looking forward to it. And I looked and I still can't find it. All I have in mine is some kanji that isn't the musicians and then some hand written stuff. very strange.

Back