Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

* watches the Youtube channel vids*
My review:

1. her soul > sweet track, really like the flute and piano.
2. I'm waiting for you > just atmospheric tracks but i like the bell sounds after some point and the harp too.
3. at a disadvantage > another sfx track, i like the beat though. if she added a violin or something it would be great.
4. painful days > similar to #1
5. reciting a spell > just sfx that'σ making you dizzy too lol
6. they're coming, slowly > i like the combo of flute and bass, its quite rare in this style i think. The beat is too repeatitive though.
7. it's time to say goodbye > usual sad Kajiura track, the sfx, give a .hack mood to it.
8. concerted operations > The beat is kinda unique, but other than that just a random sfx track
9. his name is Gabriel > Evil guy young ver theme ? I like that the strings are kinda in the background. Track still doesnt reflect how crazy that guy is in his mind. The piano is nice. Overall its kinda a music for game than for anime, i think.
10. full of bugs > I dont remember any bugs in the anime lol this is kinda club-like music with all the beats. If a violin was there it would be great.
11. under experiment > just sfx
12. the Dark Emperor > uninspired string storm.
13. I remember your soul > just sfx
14. uncomfortable and complicated > just sfx
15. sucker punched > just sfx
16. Shasha > thats the theme of that woman who tried to kill the evil guy on bed. The violin melody is delicious but too short and i would have prefered if it didnt multiply to strings.
17. a council of war > Just a theme rearrangement
18. now you're going too far > thats a lovely track, really like the piano and the blinking melody.
19 on the counterattack > theme melody, faster version, i like the drumming inthe background. I think it shouldnt have ended with that guitar finish, it instantly made it into some pop track lol
20. for the person I love > same melody, musicbox ver at first. Then it changes to badass track same as before but with more guitar and more aggressive. This guitar finish was alot better.
21 another bitter feeling > Is that a violin ? How i ve missed it <3 really pretty piano too. I dont remember it playing in the anime.
22. This is the price of the war > One of the Tokyo Konsei tracks. I think it played when Bercouli went nuts ? the chorus is good but the strings are as usual.
23. the Human Empire Army> Thats the beam music. Love the chorus. Too bad it transitions to that theme melody, thats ending up being swordland replacement.
24. go get them! > Nice melody but too repeatitive i would say.
25 dark mages > This feels like a Fate/Zero leftover. The middle eastern instrument is obviously sampled. Why does she make sfx track instead of making proper music tracks ?
26 a sword of bravery in her heart > this is basically a "she was sitting" rearrangement with chorus copy-paste.

Overall, there are some relaxing tracks, some experimental and many that had potential but were wasted with strings or repeatitive melody, its a pity :( there were few really nice tracks i remember, absent on this. Waiting for the next one. Also i dont get why she has to make new sfx tracks every time instead of repeating 5-6 from the past, it would make no difference.

Last edited:
Also i dont get why she has to make new sfx tracks every time instead of repeating 5-6 from the past, it would make no difference.
I've always wondered this. Why make new sfx ambience tracks for the same show when they're pretty interchangeable? The whole SAO series by now must have like 30 creepy/mysterious ambience tracks.

True, but they're from different series so they can't really reuse them, hue.
I wish they would just use layers from other tracks to create ambiance ala Nier and Nier Automata.

True, but they're from different series so they can't really reuse them, hue.
I wish they would just use layers from other tracks to create ambiance ala Nier and Nier Automata.
Bee Train used to do that. I dont see that happening again while she's working with Iwanami.

Cause sound director is laaaazzyy...Look at Zaregoto and Madoka animu they maybe had sfx but tasteful.. This one doesn't care(in a bad AND good way-more freedom).

Anyway Alice's Theme>>>>Sakura's Theme. It's kinda obvious it will have renditions but at least I like it more than HF. And well...Kajiura's rule on OST release vol. 1 is mostly subdued. Pretty sure vol. 3 again will be a surprise :plot: Tho I expect Renly's Theme on vol. 2 but it was here huh.

If anyone wants, i have DLed the vids from that channel and turned to mp3.

nightmare: On 1st arc, OST 1 was better, and well if El Melloi was split to 2 releases the first would be better too.

bercouli's lyrics.. so I think there are different syllables... for example I hear "omni - bus" ? around 1:53 at least a "b" sounding syllable.
it's impossible to tell though.

that was a cue for somebody else to try listening to it again..

Last edited:
Will only talk about the ones I like.
Sasha: Nice. Interesting way to have strings. I like when she tries something new.

another bitter feeling: Nice. I like the cello.

a council of war: Nice, a little bit repetitive.

now you're going too far: Nice and relaxing, the opposite of what you think from the title. lol

this is the price of war: I didn't like the chorus at first, but then when it came back with the e.guitar, it was nice.

The Human Empire Army: this is the one I wanted! Yay! Glad it was on this one, since the whole 1st half of this ost is sfx pretty much.

go get them!: Nice, like george said, but a little repetitive, reminds me of a waltz or something.

dark mages: Reminds me of Witch Hunter Robin ost. I like it but it's too long.

So many sfx ones on this one. So not many that I liked. The one before was much better. Looking forward to the next one though, hope for more vocals.

With how much you guys seemed to not like it I was expecting to hate it, lol and so far (I'm on #15) it's okay. Once again I have no problem with any of the tracks you guys classified as "just sfx", lol. :D The electronica is decently present and it's not just wooshes or deep bubble sounds.
It's certainly unexciting after OST3 (hard not to be I suppose) and has some unfortunately basic callbacks to previous SAO/Alicization tracks (or almost excerpts even). Hopefully future OST(s) introduce some new standout themes.

Edit:
Now that I'm done I'm going to say I appreciated the so called "sfx" tracks more than the stringfest, GITAAAAs and that lost butterfly re-edit in the 2nd half, lol (with guitars that reminded me of UBW Archer tracks). a sword of bravery sounds like it's just osmanthus +10dB beyond peaking and EQd the fuck out because the original sounded too muffled (which is fair to say but doesn't really make this new version any better).

I don't think I'll ever listen to the tracks beyond Shasta again.

Edit2: To fix the above, I don't think I'll ever listen to the tracks beyond "under experiment" except "I remember your soul", "Shasta" and "dark mages".

Last edited:
I have all 12 pages and in page 10 it only has the credits of the character song and "comment" about it. and page 11 is just black

oh you mean as numbered in the booklet itself ? Yes 10-11 are indeed missing

haha I sometimes like some of the "sfx" but there is just way too many for SAO. I mean come on.

anyway maybe the last ost will be interesting.

also is this the last last ost ? isn't someone tired of SAO already ?

haha I sometimes like some of the "sfx" but there is just way too many for SAO. I mean come on.

anyway maybe the last ost will be interesting.

also is this the last last ost ? isn't someone tired of SAO already ?
I suspect they'll keep making the anime as long as there are novels to adapt. I'd love for Kajiura to jump off this train but it's an easy, reliable paycheck so I don't blame her for sticking with the franchise.

Her soul: I'm a sucker for any cozy/pretty song with Alice's motif. Lovely~
I'm waiting for you: It's odd how I prefer these atypical Sworland arrangements to the more exciting, battle-ish ones. Synth reminds me of Madlax.
At a disadvantage: I like the beats starting at 1:15. Other than that, there's nothing else to appreciate hue.
Painful days: It could be a pretty nice harp track if it wasn't so fragmented.
Reciting a spell: Sfx reeee
They're coming, slowly: Pretty uncommon mix of flute, bass, and drums. Not very engaging tho.
It's time to say goodbye:I was about to discard it as another lil fragmented piano piece, but once the piano got a bit more intense I started to like it, hue.
Concerted operations: I would really like it IF there was something leading the track, cause it has some cool synth.
His name is Gabriel: Delightfully devilish.
Full of bugs: oh my g- untz untz untz untz. More crazy shit like this please (but longer and more developed). I love me some hard hitting beats.
Under experiment: I like the beats and synth, BUT again I feel like it's missing a leading melody.
The dark emperor: Meh. After Roddo el Melon I'm a little burnt out with evil arabian music.
I remember your soul: Nice n creepy. Altough now that I think about it, it reminds me of another Kajiura piece, but I can't recall which one.
Uncomfortable and complicated: Reminds me of another SAO ambience track. Maybe it's an arrangement, hue.
Sucker-punched: Meh. Bretty sure previous SAO seasons had a lot of these.
Shasta:Oof, this is one of the tracks I remember really liking while watching the animu. Wish it was just violin and cello, or at least a quartet instead of an ensemble.
A council of war: Eh, nothing special.
Now you're going too far: Nice little piano piece. Nothing special
On the counterattack: Nothing special part deux.
For the person I love: Ok, I like this one, hue.
Another bitter feeling: Nice cello, piece. Nothing special.
This is the price of war: The choir is VERY "She rules the battle field". Nice, but nothing special. I did like the pizzicato after the strings bridge. Would've liked to hear a longer section with that.
The human empire army: Love the glorious start, but after that it becomes kinda standard choir track.
Go get them!: It's pretty repetitive, but I like how the percussion worked with the strings. Bretty kewl.
Dark mages: Wish the synth melody was more developed. Not sure what instrument it's suppsoed to be, but it sounds bretty cool.

Overall, it's the weakest Alicization soundtrack. Could do with more developed melodies. Hopefully the next soundtrack delivers~

Back