Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

Oh God....

OP is decent. ED is good. Prob best combo in the entire SAO anime for me.
Sound direction is disgusting as usual :glower: We had Bercouli while monologuing + chorus then fighting scenes used the instrumental part of the OST...whhhyyyyy so wasteful for that part. And unnecessary moon and shadow insert looking at that scene lmao

We had the accordion ost used for Sinon's entrance, new theme? from tentacled Leafa, budget bercouli theme after which is kinda repetitive. Vocal OST(Tokyo Konsei? Not sure if I heard specific singer there gomen) which is OK, Swordland horns ver. which is prob released as I can't remember how many variations it has lol.

Yes the sound direction is all over the place, its like they used a track shuffle for this episode.

There were mainly 2 new tracks. A bit of the one for which we saw recording in that interview, and an other one with solo soprano singer in the Bercouli + Evil guy fight Then they randomly used the intro of "moon and shadow" for like 4 secs and then changed it with the Aincrad BGM, makes me wonder if they even care ? I mostly skipped the tentacles scene since its now already known from previous seasons that goes. I ll watch the ep full when the subs are out.

Yeah pipes I mean hahaha.

Btw according to some birdies I follow, the tentacle scene was supposed to be there (Not surprised anyway since it's SAO lol) but the focus on lower part shots in Leafa was added in the anime. Obviously they were disgusted (same) :hide:

Oh since Bercouli not yet d worded, will the sound director finally get it right next time? :ohoho:

but the focus on lower part shots in Leafa was added in the anime. Obviously they were disgusted (same)

Looks like the director likes certain kind of material :plot: and btw the source is novel with almost no images. Idk where that tentacle fetish in japan comes from, its in HF too lol

I've actually read a scholarly article about the history and impact of that tentacle fetish when i was in college but i couldn't find the source anymore lol damn Internet positif blocking everything

The ed has such beautiful animation wow i like it so much. Still not a biggest fan of Eir's voice in the chorus. Also whenever i look at Kirito - Eugeo - and who's that girl? Asuna? I somehow always get reminded of Shinji - Kaworu - Asuka.
Ever since aimer became more and more famous, more niconico singers try to imitate her singing style and voila we get another one in the op. Both op and ed aren't bad but tbh they're not special at all.
Have yet to watch the anime and initially didn't really want to but the snippets of Eugeo makes me kinda want to.

-Keyboard techno track
-Part of a new tokyo konsei track
-Bercouli slow strings arrangement
*A little bit more of the Remi track. Love the wailing voice.

I would be pleasantly surprised if it was actually the second half of the vocal track used for that "Asuna spawning scene" (WoU 1st half Ep10)

EPISODE 4

*A little bit more of the Remi track. Love the wailing voice.

More of this on today's episode <3. Feels like this song was actually made for Yuriko.

new bgm at 10:30 its mostly covered by talks but you can hear it has sax and later e guitar and drums

another new bgm at 18:09 mostly strings

Last edited:
So kewl Remi track and kewl sax track are the bad guys' themes. Kewl.

More of this on today's episode <3. Feels like this song was actually made for Yuriko.
It's very chanty but I'm liking it a lot. Probably because of the wailing high notes and the deliciously evil tone.

Emperor dude seems to have 2 themes. One wasplaying last season during his character flashback and there is this one too. I guess its 1 theme per user account 😅

I watched some clips to see how this new SAO looks and... Are they still in video games? If so, the dramatic fights are dum af for vidyagames.

I watched some clips to see how this new SAO looks and... Are they still in video games? If so, the dramatic fights are dum af for vidyagames.
Not really, they're in a real world simulator and the "NPCs" are actual (artificial) souls.

No its a game with real world accounts. That each contain the person's soul. Overalll its similar to season 1.

Last edited:
Back