Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

@ Kagaribi no Hanabira: I read the first few chapters of the first volume (you can find all 7 volumes of the novel here http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewto ... 04#p122072)and the situation seems alot darker that it was in .hack//SIGN even though the develop on the same idea

SPOILERS BELOW

The story stars with 2 guys (the typical anime one with the dark hair and the the other guy with the thing on his hair that hold them up, the first is a user that had came to SAO since the Beta test version while the other one had came as soon as it got released. To play they game they use a device that called Net Gear which is something like a helmet which the user wears on his/her head and it uses the person's 5 senses so that they can play the game, it also sends some short of electromagnetic waves to the users brain for that purpose and also blocks all the user's body nerve signals to reach the brain so that they can move into the digital world without hitting the wall in the real one (lol).

Anyway at some point these 2 discover that there's no more "log out" button in the game's menu, which was the only way to return to the real world during the beta test. Then they get teleported to a place in the game where all other users were gathered. And a huge boss-like character appears who is the creator of the game and inventor of the Net Gear device. He explain to everyone that:

1. The log out button was removed in purpose so it give a more chalenging feel to it (lol)
2. That if they lose their life in the game they will also lose in the real world since the Net Gear will fry their brain with microwaves.
3. Same thing will happen if someone in the real world tries to remove the device (eg. relative) from the user's head.
4. and that the ONLY way to return to the real world was to beat the boss that's on the 100th floor of the Tower (the one you see in the trailer). To get a feeling on how difficult that is think that during the 2 months of the beta test, 10000 players had only managed to reach to the 6th one.
5. Also there's was no "heal" ability or respawn one.
6. that already 230 users had died because their relatives had tried to remove the Net Gear from them.

As you can see the situation is pretty crazy and dark enough for that music :XD:

It seems the light novel is highly regarded by some people so it probably has some good plot, regardless of how the pv tries to prove otherwise. For the time being though, the only thing in my mind is the pv song. They have to release it!

Ooohh I love the plot. Totally gonna give it a try. And that male choir in the PV song is simply epic. Just hear it now LOL

Wow....so..they didn't show much of its dark-side in the trailure... :ohoho: .. Seems to be an interesting one... :ayashii: ..even I'm not a fan of any online games...

I spoilered the plot introduction with the help of everyone's favourite Aunt Wiki, and it does seem interesting. Let's see how they develop it. :ayashii:
I don't mind comedy at all and I'm fine with harem, but I do hope they can balance it all properly. If gags are whacked everywhere and mixed with dramatic moments like a salad, it'll be Pandora Hearts all over again. :knife: And mind you, I liked PH's plot itself, too... :uh..:

Hmmm, 230 out of 10000? I expected more. The majority of subscribers must have been hardcore secluded hikkikomori, huh? :psst:

Coincidentally, Korechan's been tweeting lately about doing rec with Kajiura-sensei, so I'm assuming that it must be for this OST... :stars:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
Hmmm, 230 out of 10000? I expected more. The majority of subscribers must have been hardcore secluded hikkikomori, huh? :psst:

It is a bettaof a new mmorg normal people get interested after the game is released and gets some popularity

Let's wait to see if we will remember this as a good anime with Yuki music.
Or a not so good anime that we still remember because it had Yuki music.

Well, so far the Yuki/Aniplex collaborations have gone into the first category. Let's hope this trend won't break.

^
Based on the information on the first page on this thread, this anime will be airing in July.

^I hope it to be that great :XD: I liked the plot, I'm gonna give a try when it comes out. Let's see. At least, it'll have some great music.

Hoping the trailer music matches the callibur for the series. Fate/Zero OST was very dull. Hoping for something more. I concur with a few wanting an English songs, Emily Bindiger x Yuk Kajiura never loose with that combo!

^
Eh. I've had enough of Emily.. After all, kajiura's work with Emily in vocals usuall comes from JVC, but this one is from Sony. So maybe no Emily again. Not that I'm complaining.

The songs with Emily from Hack are perfect, same for 'my long forgotten cloistered sleep', 'forest' and 'i reach to the sun' were so-so, but Im really disappointed with "March", and the chorus of Fiction II's 'maybe tomorrow". If Yuki is going to release some new english song in the future, she better hire KOKIA instead. ( :shy: )

+1.

And it'll be better if Keiko can join as well, seeing she is a big fans of Kokia. Although her English is so... :XD:

Re:

george1234 said:
The songs with Emily from Hack are perfect, same for 'my long forgotten cloistered sleep', 'forest' and 'i reach to the sun' were so-so, but Im really disappointed with "March", and the chorus of Fiction II's 'maybe tomorrow". If Yuki is going to release some new english song in the future, she better hire KOKIA instead. ( :shy: )

+Ikusenman

Kokia :hearts:

Back