Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

holy cow! What happened I don't remember having the last part of alicization to have this kind of tracks so many delicious foods I can't...

Stupid directors skip the best parts of the soundtracks since season 1 . But for Alicisation there is a new director of the anime and she's also free from Spacecraft :)

See... if this was 2 volumes rather than 3 I'm pretty sure we'd only have gotten either Ocean Turtle or Underworld.

lol wow this is actually a really nice ost. So much variety in sounds. I really wonder what happened to bring forth this fountain of creativity lol

Stupid directors skip the best parts of the soundtracks since season 1 . But for Alicisation there is a new director of the anime and she's also free from Spacraft :)

It's different tho. I remember the Bercouli vs. Eugeo(w/c I think this is the only part he showed up?) and never heard this one. Most of the battle scenes in the last episodes are spam of Swordland and Blue Rose Sword ost. Tho I could be mistaken. Even the Deusolbert had different ost too...Did Kajiura forget to send the remaining ones? lol

I'M LOVING THE 3RD OST THO so it does not matter lmao

Hmm.. reading what @Nightmare and @george1234 are saying... what are the chances they updated the music cues on the blu-ray episode versions? Anyone watching them?

Cant wait to preorder the Music Collection in 5 years, lol. Meanwhile I won't be getting El Melloi until end of October or early November hurr...

I think Kajiura should do a rearrngement release for the old sao osts following the new approach.

@ grunty: i dont think they'll bother changing the musics in the BD, its alot of work

No, she still needs to do boxes with unreleased material for Victor animu. uwu

Edit:
@ grunty: i dont think they'll bother changing the musics in the BD, its alot of work
I remember reading they did it for UBW. No idea if that's true though. v( '')v

Also, if they can update animation for BD (again, no idea about SAO) they can redo audio too.

Rofl guys, who edited this thread’s title ?
Please at least write Alicization with a Z, my eyes are bleeding like Eugeo’s ones x)

It was george, he's the only one playing around with thread titles. ;p

Heh, the s has been there since the beginning, lol.

Got it. The OST is very good indeed ^^
There's plenty of "long" tracks, and I was expecting just a small intro for the battle with Alice (she was sitting under the baobab).
Was bercouli used ? Sorry but I don't remember...

Many people on youtube say "I can't wait for this track to be used when.."
I'm afraid that YK may pay less attention to the second half BGMs. Though she tweeted and even facebooked about SAO, and it seems that it's her main preoccupation.

^ Why would she pay less attention ? The action now seems to be beginning you know.

The studio already lost the opportunity to use most of this soundtrack. Maybe they' ll use them for the next cour, but if Kajiura could make so good tracks with the less plot-packed part of the story, im sure she' ll do much better later, now that she started having inspiration again.

without being totally sure yet, here's a list:

an elevator clerk USED
the Blue Rose Sword battle USED
Fizel & Linel USED
a desperate battle, no way back USED
she was sitting under the osmanthus tree USED
Bercouli NOT USED
Chudelkin USED
the battle with Chudelkin USED
his pain and his anger NOT USED
Alice Synthesis Thirty USED
telling the old story NOT USED
Underworld NOT USED
who shall win the battle NOT USED
if I could reach your hand NOT USED
if she was here #2 USED
I wish I could be with him… NOT USED
1EMON NOT USED
the battle with minions NOT USED
Alice, now you are back! USED
Sword Golem USED
she can’t stand for it NOT USED
a holy sword in his heart USED

Also in the anime the Blue Sword track was used as bridge of "Find your Sword in this land"

Last edited:
Finished

Yup, this was really good. Every track has at least two or three interesting things going on and none of it feels phoned in, even the sfx tracks.

Favs were Battle with Minions, 1emon, chudelkin, bercouli, under the tree or whatever, fizel&linel, alice synthesis thirty

Who would have guessed that Yaiba and Alicization 3 would end up being Kajiura's best releases this year lol

edit: If we do get an alicization collection, I'd really like them to do something with the mixing on the choirs. It's kind of hard to hear them as they are.

Back