Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

Ugh I’m hoping there aren’t many sfx tracks

There are dozens of them from past osts. Why make more lol

Should we talk about "we have to save her!" & "she has to overcome her fear" ? :p

Yes of course I knew that the character song would be included, but like you I was expecting it to be at the end of the disc...
I thought that the main theme's name with Remi's vocals would be something like "underworld" , but not.

Which one of the tracks do you think it is ?

My guesses for the other tracks are:
- a peaceful landscape: one of the first BGM, with calm harp
- confronting the enemy: the integrity knights' theme
- find your sword in this land : main theme's arrange, which you can hear in some flashbacks (if I remember correctly), with a more calm motif in the second part.

Sadly, this is everything I can remember from the OST . . ......

thank you!! I really wonder where these vgmdb guy find it when no store has it.
They were added to stores yesterday lol... No CD or track lengths yet AFAIK.

I prefer few and well composed than under 1 minute tracks that dont have time to develop any melody. Remains to see how much of them are sfx.
And I'd prefer they would use the full capacity of a CD if there's music to do so.

@Justisamuel
Right the "sword" titles do refer to the sao theme usually. I think the confront the enemy is the bgm that plays in the goblins episode, the integrity knight is later, even though the soundtracks are not famous for having the bgms in order (looking at you "he rules us"). Administrator should be one of the vocal bgms that plays when the administrator is first shown at the end of one of the early eps.

@grunty : Has it ever happened ? To use full CD capacity ?

Oh I see what you mean. Better have a 75 minutes OST than a 40 min one... (for example, Boku dake ga Inai Machi Ost 1)

Oh I see what you mean. Better have a 75 minutes OST than a 40 min one... (for example, Boku dake ga Inai Machi Ost 1)
Not even that. It's all about dem unreleased tracks, lol. When you know there's still stuff in the show you want and they only release a 45minute disc, it's often rage inducing. ;)
I was just addressing georges comment "quality over quantity". While that's true in a general way, I don't think it works for a "soundtrack" release that goes to a consumer. I want as much as I can possibly get from the show when I'm buying a soundtrack.

They could've fit both released Bokumachi soundtracks on 1CD, but they split it up (as bonuses for 2 home video boxes) - that's fine. But why not include the promo violin solo version of the main theme? You had the space. (Yes, I know - the reason, or one of them, is likely money/royalties. Doesn't make it any less frustrating.) Also the alternate music box(?been a while) ending to the main theme that is found on the blu-ray menu - why not include that either?

um why does it say symphonic?

was the music anything symphonic-like? who came up with the name “symphonic alicization orchestra”

there is franchise building there is franchise building. i don’t get it

eh that’s awful beyond words.

hopefully kajiura has at least a couple tracks i will like otherwise this insult is to injury.

Just remind me when this thing drops. God I can't stand SAO, the fandom, or the discussions. Even the music for it is mostly bleh. Pre-release review score: 6/10

Most animes have bad quality character songs anyways, its very few exceptions that they are good. Dont judge a soundtrack by the character song 🙂.i ll wait for the release until i give my rating.

Mmm I don't remember that many new ambiance tracks. But then again, I don;t remember much of the new music, hue. I would say that maybe it'll have unused stuff, but it would make more sense to save it for next season.

Remember DARLING in the FRANXX ?
For 26 episodes, 3 enclosed soundtracks were released for a total of 2 hours 47 minutes. (2h27 without the instrumental versions). Can we compare ?
My guesses are that every CD will have a duration of more or less 50 minutes... including the character song and its instrumental version. This means around 40 minutes * 3 = 2 hours of soundtrack. Seems legit.

Back