Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

Counting down: I liked it until the swordland theme. Ugh.

She is my friend: I like it, nice and calming. The flute is nice.

Please enter your name: I liked this from the sample. Feels like you are in a game.

Walking around together: This reminds me so much of Madoka and Cardcaptor Sakura. Such a nice song.
You can do it! Lol at the title. I like the cello.

Together we go further: I like it a lot. It sounds similar to swordland, but not too bad. I love the guitar and then the strings! Wish it was longer, why didn’t she just combine 1 and 2?

I’m not putting you in danger: I love these types of songs of hers, like desolate landscape too.

Driven to the wall: wow… this song is awesome. Love the vocals, the instrumentals, everything.

The distance between: Nice, it’s calming.

Beta tester: creepy. This song gives me chills.

Just chilling out: Nice and relaxing again.

What did you say?! This reminds me of a tropical island or legends of the hidden temple, or something. Lol

To the fierce battle: I love the percussions. Ugh. Then the swordland theme… it was so cool until that point. Why?

Together we could go further: A darker version of together we go further. I like it. Kind of like Shasta and Sheyta Sythensis Thirty.

Bonus clear folder from CD Japan:

CD2BSwordArt_Nov2021.png

Oi... what does one do with those again?

Also, digipack. Darnit. Whenever it arrives with Fena, I think that's going to be the first digipack OST from Kajiura that I have...

where were we?? orchestraaaa timmmeeeee. >>>>>>:plot::vortex: it will destroy itself !

strings sound still strained. Remi and Tokyo Konsei sound so well together.

aincrad - very nice!!! now the flute in the background. nicely blended.
swordland - ok.
first town - the violin is too fast. tsk.
a tender feeling - normally the oboe would be nice. but no there is just something odd. like the strings. tsk.
fly higher and faster - now there is a track I like more compared to the original. flute is nice addition, brass works well. strings is still problematic but the brass and drums covers it up. especially the latter part. the blending is nice.
aerial fight - bit of a yawn.
false king - sounds much better than the original. but still very repetitive.
dance with me - this pisses me off. it is the REPLICA of the original. tsk.
death gun - this is where strings sounds actually fine. !! it's weird. ...
moon and shadow - the transition into the flute is not done right. too abrupt.
you are not alone - not bad.
let's join swords - whatever.

delete - NOW THERE'S MUSIC. the atmospheric feeling is soooo good that I will forgive the strings problem. Remi and Konsei work work.!! my only complaint is that it's a bit long. SOMEONE ACTUALLY SAYS SHHHH!!! in the middle. wow incredible. aaah the middle choir sound ahhhhhh..... yes! much much better than the original. the ending is also great.

smile for you - it's good but too long for me.
her name is Alice - SUPER.
we have to save her! - the repetitiveness bothers me too much - next.
find your sword in this land - ok.
the days in swordcraft academy - very good !
crossing a dangerous bridge - omg the original is faaar superior.
she was sitting under the osmanthus tree - the dark transition is SUPERB. the increaasing sounds of the ahh iss excellent + drums. but then it goes downhill. it's exact replica of the original. it doesn't work for me... the arrangement is lacking.
a holy sword in his heart - still strings sounds as if there is a metal bar scrubbing a blackboard. but not too bad.
now the time has come - could have been much grander.
longing - Remi and Konsei work but the original is much more fun xD

still a huge disappointment. but I have tracks I really like so it's not a complete disaster lol. enjoy it folks!

Ok, so someone definitely fucked up the mixing and mastering here... or just didn't give a shit in general. They had like 10-15 or so microphones on stage if I remember correctly, and still were not able to balance out the sound between violins and brass? Also, with this sound-master, it sounds like I was sitting in the concert hall with a cushion wrapped around my head. The original streaming version of this concert sounded better than this, and that wasn't particularly good either. Really disappointing, especially considering that there were actually a few decent arrangements here imo.

Only skipped through it and, while I absolutely don't think it sounds great or good even, I sadly don't hate it. (Except the damn tambourine. That's the one thing that is still infuriating to me.)

If the BD version is still available by the time Vanitas OST is announced and I have the moneys, I'll probably grab it. (Unless I flip flop again on this, lol.)
Can anyone confirm it's region free? (Playable in "B" in particular.)

I wonder if this could've been a single CD if they removed the "silence" from each track...

PS. Does anyone have a non-bili version of the stream? There's no way @SurgamIdentidem is comparing the quality of the bili upload favorably to this.
I wonder, maybe one could mix the very-raw-thin-sounding stream (even if it's lossy) with this more-muddled-but-"polished"-mix to get something alright-ish?

Last edited:
Ok, so someone definitely fucked up the mixing and mastering here... or just didn't give a shit in general. They had like 10-15 or so microphones on stage if I remember correctly, and still were not able to balance out the sound between violins and brass? Also, with this sound-master, it sounds like I was sitting in the concert hall with a cushion wrapped around my head. The original streaming version of this concert sounded better than this, and that wasn't particularly good either. Really disappointing, especially considering that there were actually a few decent arrangements here imo.

When using my laptop its fine (doesnt have much bass) but when using the spreaker system (1 subwoofer and 2 for left and right high pitch) it sounds like you describe, as if im in the hall with a a cushion in my ears. and this is weird cause in most cases the external speakers have better sound quality than the laptop ones.

@wat11 @SurgamIdentidem @george1234

Code:
https://mega.nz/file/M5wCUA6a#fkKQfUjG9pWVxMq74v8b2XvPcALO1CMmmSAhWttpsFg
"cpm"

Just a proof of concept, an attempt at a mix of the CD version with the bili stream for "a sword of bravery...".
Do you think it's any better?

Would be nice to have the original archived stream audio though, rather than the bili transcode.

I guess there's also a chance that the BD audio sounds different than CD?

If the BD version is still available by the time Vanitas OST is announced and I have the moneys, I'll probably grab it. (Unless I flip flop again on this, lol.)
Can anyone confirm it's region free? (Playable in "B" in particular.)
I recieved the special edition yesterday in the mail and I can confirm that the BD is region free. Unfortunately though, the BD audio track is pretty much the same from the audio discs as far as I can tell. I didn't have the time to listen to it all though. The video on the disc is by the way different from the original stream. It doesn't cut away to the anime scenes and stays with the orchestra, which I like.

PS. Does anyone have a non-bili version of the stream? There's no way @SurgamIdentidem is comparing the quality of the bili upload favorably to this.
I wonder, maybe one could mix the very-raw-thin-sounding stream (even if it's lossy) with this more-muddled-but-"polished"-mix to get something alright-ish?
The version that I heard was an unlisted youtube video of the whole concert. Unfortunately didn't last long and was taken down... Sorry, but I'm unable to help you with that. That being said, I like your mix and certainly prefer it over the original cd version. The addition of the high frequencies are subtil, but effective.

When using my laptop its fine (doesnt have much bass) but when using the spreaker system (1 subwoofer and 2 for left and right high pitch) it sounds like you describe, as if im in the hall with a a cushion in my ears. and this is weird cause in most cases the external speakers have better sound quality than the laptop ones.
Typical signs of bad mastering.

I recieved the special edition yesterday in the mail and I can confirm that the BD is region free. Unfortunately though, the BD audio track is pretty much the same from the audio discs as far as I can tell. I didn't have the time to listen to it all though. The video on the disc is by the way different from the original stream. It doesn't cut away to the anime scenes and stays with the orchestra, which I like.
Nice @ region free.
Not nice @ same mastering.
Nice @ non-anime footage. That's what I was hoping for when they updated the description.

The version that I heard was an unlisted youtube video of the whole concert. Unfortunately didn't last long and was taken down... Sorry, but I'm unable to help you with that. That being said, I like your mix and certainly prefer it over the original cd version. The addition of the high frequencies are subtil, but effective.
Eh. Wish someone had that archive audio. I mean, bili version is definitely messed up too. :/

Out of curiosity, I looked at some other tracks to see if this mixing would be something worth doing (even though I don't have the livestream) and not that much luck.
Particularly on Remi's tracks I can't synch it so it doesn't sound like a worn out tape when overlayed. They also clearly touched her vocals up a bit.

I also noticed you can clearly hear the same issues in the CD release that were there in the livestream (like in "the first town" the violin somehow going out around 18sec). Like @SurgamIdentidem said, seems they really didn't care much. You'd think they would put in extra effort... Or maybe all the recording was fked from the start. :(

"Owell..."

So after seeing Fena on JASRAC, I just kept looking around surprised Progressive wasn't yet added to the database and I have a question for SAO viewers.

Alicization War of Underworld #8/OST2
track 3 "Dee Eye Ell"

It is registered on JASRAC as "D.I.L.". There's no "Dee Eye Ell" (as per OST booklet) or katakana in other fields.

I know it doesn't make much of a difference but which is it? Is this something from SAO?

Dee eye ell doesnt make sense
I mean, it is a phonetic version of D.I.L.
Japanese wiki and official SAO anime site has the character's name listed with katakana ディー・アイ・エル but that's not in JASRAC either.

And then if we peek at the filename/urls for her files on Alicization
Code:
https://sao-alicization.net/assets/img/character/detail/dil/img_chara_dil.png
Lo n behold. "dil". lol. Eh. Doesn't help. ^_^

I guess only way to find out would be to ask Kajiura directly what she prefers her track to be called.

Last edited:
I doubt the author had anything to do with registering and naming the BGM track though. That's on Kajiura and her team, presumably.

No matter. Was just curious since I saw a different title on JASRAC than in the booklet.

Back