Serial Experiments Lain

D

Daichi

Yeah, an "oldie" from 1998 I recently discovered (because I saw the dvd boxset for like $10 in a shop last week).

What do you guys think of it?

I really liked the art style, but I wish they made two episodes more just to properly explain "The Wired" and "Accela".
It feels like they just ran out of time to polish those plotlines up...

I watched it when I was 16 or so and hardly understood the half of the plot, but still liked it. Feels like I should rewatch it

I know. I just need to be in the mood of watching it to enjoy it.

Yeah its definitely very good anime. Watched it long ago too, i remember it was one of the best animes of that time. Sometimes when i c tons of wires in the street i still remember lain lol

Worst anime ever to me. :omg: Senseless, stupid and boring! No-plot, no-plot and NO-PLOT!

^
I will just infer that you say that Lain has no plot because the story present in the episodes may not seem to have a direction. Otherwise, I would have to be a pain in the ass like many others and conclude: Didn't understand, didn't like it.

I LOVE IT :love:

It was my favorite for a really long time (until madoka appeared).

I first watched it when I was 15 and get somehow the plot I rewatched it when I was 20 and I think I understood it better but also somehow get a different feeling of the series.

It may not be so shocking now but Lain really understood some of the problems that internet developed after the years in 98 and that's amazing.

I will rewatch it when I'm 25 in BD of course :ayashii:

I like the art work in the anime...but when I watch this anime, I'm just 13s...and I ended up didn't really understand what the story is about...
just remember the wire-wire thingy~kami-sama..and all that stuff

Re:

valeriana runa said:
I like the art work in the anime...but when I watch this anime, I'm just 13s...and I ended up didn't really understand what the story is about...
just remember the wire-wire thingy~kami-sama..and all that stuff
yeah, you should be old enough to understand everything :uh..:

yeah, you should be old enough to understand everything

I guess so...but when I want to re-watch it...someone stole it from me and didn't return the vcd back to me...so sad...

Re:

valeriana runa said:
yeah, you should be old enough to understand everything

I guess so...but when I want to re-watch it...someone stole it from me and didn't return the vcd back to me...so sad...
God will curse that guy :uh..:

Back