SAO Film Orchestra Concerts 2020/21: 3/7 - 23/9 2021

eh?? No blue rose? I mean Eugeo is integral part of the first part of alicization lol. Would've swapped human empire army to Bercouli's theme just bec. I loved that piece lol

chance that bilibili will upload it :groucho:

there are couple things i'd like to see but yes bercouli is definitely sorely missed...

yup bilibili will come up with it:)

eh?? No blue rose? I mean Eugeo is integral part of the first part of alicization lol. Would've swapped human empire army to Bercouli's theme just bec. I loved that piece lol

chance that bilibili will upload it :groucho:
What is Eugeo?) The big and pure love of Kajiura is Chudelkin)) 😁
I planned to post the full version in the VK after July 10, but because of the imminent release of the Blu-ray, I don't even know if it makes sense. 🤔

by imminent you mean October? :(
Yes. Personally, I thought they would leave this release for next year, like Kimetsu no Yaiba Orchestra Concert, in order to present the anime beautifully as a gift for the decade. But it turns out that they chose the option to release a concert during the rental of the film, which is not so interesting and will happen quite soon. Okay, after 10 (when the period of sale of the Japanese archive ends), I will most likely publish it.)

________
Some more screenshots with Remi.

16 "delete" with Tokyo Konsei? where did they shout the choirs?
17 was "find your sword in this land" improved?
25 "she was sitting under the osmanthus tree" and 28 "a sword of bravery in her heart" would have been better as a medley imo, cuz repetitive

no "Bercouli", "we have to defeat it", or "she has to overcome her fear" =/ ...
no medley, or at least I hope that some tracks blended together well.
And poor Tokyo konsei singing with masks 😬

3rd picture on the left: is that bagpipes? I see no electric guitar and drums set except that big... gong?

Someone uploaded it to bili.
The audio quality is... something...

Having said that, selling a CD/BD of this quality would be absolute disrespect so I'm going to assume they make the audio work in the final mix and I'll probably grab the bluray version if it's still available to purchase closer to its release date.

While I think Remi did an okay job at her original songs, they absolutely shouldn't have botherered with Ordinal Scale insert songs. Also like I said on some other video of Remi from her Aurora recording sessions, I've never seen operatic voices recorded like there and here. (Edit: Or choirs. Japan sure has a way...)

Shoutout to that one woman on cello. Most players seem to be dead but she seems into it. ^_^ She's a keeper. I'd like YK to involve her, lolz. (Assuming she isn't already involved, dunno her name.)

Arrange wise it's difficult to judge this quality but I'll say that tambourine is pissing me off.
The electronica is definitely missed (e.guitar too) but hopefully they'll spice the percussion up for the final audio mix.
The orchestral intro to the final war was actually decent? The same approach is not as succesful as the outro tho.

Some of the animation they show is horrible. They really focus on pervy shit and then that "IT'S SHOW TIME" during the final war is pure cringe. Also typos, "Fairly Dance".

Google translate: BD 1-disc set: "Contains 35 songs of specially edited animation footage screened on the screen inside the performance, and includes live footage of the performance on Saturday, July 3rd."

So... will it have 2 separate video streams? 1 with animation and the other with concert footage?

And yes, it confirms the release is a recording of this July 3rd concert.

Last edited:
Just finished watching it hmm...
Still kinda interested who decided the setlist lol. If it's Kajiura she might have added Bercouli's theme in it cause aside from "women" theme she probably likes doing ost pieces from big guys lol(Alexander, Bercouli etc.). If it's the production side, they would absolutely added Blue Rose since Eugeo is super popular...You know wat, even tho Kajiura picked most of the songs, they really should've persuaded her, his lack of theme in orchestra is kinda missing that alicization flow part lol

Ah Remi so pretty :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
I appreciate that all of the OST is on the setlist(thank GOD not orchestral ver. of those OP/ED lol) but MAYBE they could've went crossing field/catch the moment(orchestral ver.) for the last part instead of longing? Not a fan of those songs but it would make sense+more impact for SAO fans probably...And adding Yuna as secret guest wouldn't hurt either since Remi had many part..Still IMO she did fine on delete/smile for you.

Can't believe some of the snoozefes tracks in orchestral ver. (a tender feeling, at our parting) made me like them lol. Listening to 'you are not alone again' still gets me wow @Kajiura for making basic melodies but made such an impact on Mother's Rosario haha.

Enjoyed the orchestra, aside from lacking oomph in aerial fight cause no e. guitar compared to the original/live, this is pretty nice interpretation. :goodjob:

Edit: oh rereading grunty's impression on animation, I would like to add that most of the footage they put on "the first town" is so bad omg. They did better on SAO festival before dunno why they insert sad scenes of Silica when they have some gud world view on Aincrad in anime lol

Last edited:
I enjoyed it.

As I mentioned before I wish someone else arranged it because for the most part it's almost literal orchestral translation of Kajiura's work. Very little tweaks or additions here and there. most notably... in we have to save her! I mean come on, you know it's only couple of notes of composition add different pieces in between.. This is what you get when the arranger is Kajiura's long time score/strings assistant,
Hiromitsu Ishikawa. I'm not saying it's bad, in fact he is behind Hokuto no Ken ost too which I adore. but what should have happened is something like Nier, Chrono, or Final Fantasy orchestrations where the arrangers are DIFFERENT from the composers (ishikawa doesn't count). sigh but anyway perhaps I'm being too picky since orchestral genre is my personal favorite.

The only tracks I thought differed quite a bit was "delete" and "longing" but maybe it's because I haven't listened to the original in a long time and it's tokyo konsei/remi now instead of Yuna lol.

Addition of Tokyo Konsei in the beginning of "she was sitting under the osmanthus tree" was super good, it really added suspense albeit short (and a bit faint, you may have to up that vol)

clarinet is definitely not bagpipes lol. it's ok:)

final war beginning's added suspense is also good.

Remi was excellent. There were moments where I thought her voice was not as smooth as I'd like but whatever. Tokyo Konsei sounded excellent throughout, I could find nothing weird about them. I even enjoyed false king which sounds so awful to me in the ost. Remi's placement with regard to the orchestra is also interesting, it would have been different if she were center stage (at least to those who were there) but she had lots on her plate.

What I am glad about the most is this may follow. Different arrangers may be recruited and we get different interpretations of Kajiura's compositions. so hopefully that will happen :)

What I am glad about the most is this may follow. Different arrangers may be recruited and we get different interpretations of Kajiura's compositions. so hopefully that will happen :)
I don't know how you're optimistically jumping to this wishful thinking from this concert. ;p

Back