皆さん、こんにちは (=′∇`=)

MushiMushi

I like Yuki
:rain: Hi everyone.
I've been stalking the forums for quite a while, but 2015 was the year when my visits became much more frequent.
Leisure time just becomes much more manageable when people get a little bit stressed for exams. //is slapped

YES! Today is Kalafina's birthday. Couldn't think of anything special to do and I thought, 'Registering myself here would make this day more meaningful...', therefore!

*deep bow* This is Caterpiendante.
Please call me Caterpi, mushi-chan or Wormie, or whatever you find comfortable with. (*′∇`*)
よろしくお願いします。

I have been loving Kajiura-sama and Kalafina since five years ago, when I accidentally came across the Kara no Kyoukai movies. I still believe, that must be the turning point of my life. If I had not met Kajiura-sama, if I had not met Kalafina, my world would no where be as colourful and vibrant as it is now.

Their music has been supporting me throughout my entire youth *cough* , just like the heart-warming sunlight that shines forever, that guides me when I struggle with my steps along the river of life (mune no yukue~). Kajiura-sama's music shaped me. No doubt about that. I still remember the moments when I was so touched by their voices that my soul itself was weeping with overwhelming joy...

Because of Kajiura-sama, I bought my very first CD;
because of Kajiura-sama, I could elegantly tell my friends that I have, for the first time in my life, finally met musicians that I adore;
because of Kajiura-sama, I had the motivation to teach myself Japanese (for merely 6 months *Lacrimosa*), my favourite foreign language since Primary school.

Kajiura's name walked past me when I was in Primary school.
I was watching Tsubasa Chronicles...
...and I was totally amazed by A Song of Storm and Fire.
That powerful Kajiurago! That magnificent atmosphere! That violin solo plucked my heart strings!
But that was it!
I didn't stop for my goddess.

I was blind, but now I see.

Kajiura-sama's music is not one of those mass-produced cupcakes found on streets. From the sweet taste of a fresh oyster to the warmth and cosy-ness of rolling in blankets... so many different feelings... (/ω\)

Among all the OSTs she produced, Kara no Kyoukai's is the first complete one I've ever listened to and overally speaking, my favourite. No other music can replace Kajiura's. I literally saw heaven when I listened to it. I have no way to put my gratitude into words.
I am so grateful for everything, for this light novel/anime, for Kajiura.
How fortunate am I! Just how fortunate...
Not going into details about the OST itself here... (lazy me~)

So... a big thank you to everyone here~ *deep bow*
I've learnt different things about Kajiura-sama and the utahimes during my secret visits.
I enjoy reading critical reflections and comments about Kajiura-sama, because I'm way too biased to say anything honestly negative at the moment.

Something about myself... (′▽`〃)

I'm from Hong Kong, though I am currently studying in the UK -> Last year of A-Levels!

My Japanese is not good enough for me to write much yet, but I can proudly say I am very capable *cough* of translating lyrics.
I translated many of the FJ/Kalafina lyrics into Chinese, including the most recent Sore wa chiisana hikari no you na and trailer ver. Arushira no hoshi. (And Nohara into English! *laugh* -> I can shamelessly post it out if anyone is interested)
Kajiura lyrics + Utahime voices = potion that heals any wounds of my heart.

Pianist + French Horn player~ Can play a little bit of percussion as well.

What utahimes and I like: Music, Sleeping, Reading, Snakes & Dinosaurs.

My parents have absolutely no idea that I love Kajiura.
They don't even know I self-taught Japanese. :dote:

Very active @baidu & fictionjunction.org
To those who are also active in these two places, I'm 小蟲子。*wave*

Can't change my profile picture yet, but this is me.
Caterpi.jpg

Hmm... can somebody kindly teach me how to edit my signature as well?
Thank you very much~

Welcome to the fourms! It seems you have quite a past with Kajiura! It definitely does have a powerful effect on us, doesn't it?

Cute profile picture! Even cuter since I just noticed the sign it's holding is the Yuki Kajiura logo.

To edit your signature, click on your name in the top bar next to "Inbox". Signature should be the 2nd one on the left.

EDIT: Your signature is beautiful! Though, what does the text say..? I can only make out part of the first line (anata ga ta no ongaku to..?)

Welcome to the fourms! It seems you have quite a past with Kajiura! It definitely does have a powerful effect on us, doesn't it?

Cute profile picture! Even cuter since I just noticed the sign it's holding is the Yuki Kajiura logo.

To edit your signature, click on your name in the top bar next to "Inbox". Signature should be the 2nd one on the left.

Thanks! That option wasn't there before. *weep* I'm not a robot or spammer... *punch floor*

EDIT: Your signature is beautiful! Though, what does the text say..? I can only make out part of the first line (anata ga ta no ongaku to..?)

anatagata no ongaku to aeta
yorokobi ni furueteiru
kokoro wo sasaete kudasai

Lyrics from Michiyuki (edited). Literally means~
'(Because I) met your(plural) music
(I) tremble with joy.
Please support my heart.'

Welcome to the forum :hi:. I swear everyone lurks this place for ages before actually joining up, it seems to be a ritual. Kalafina and Kajiura seem to have a certain effect on people, I'm not sure quite what causes it. Maybe it's aliens. Or magic. Whatever it is, I'm happy it exists and that they're fine to share it with us mere mortals :innocent:.

One of these days I really should finish Kara no Kyoukai. Have you seen any of the other shows Kajiura or her projects are involved in other than that or Tsubasa? I had a similar experience as you when I watched Le Portrait de Petit Cossette back when I started watching anime back in 2009 and fell in love with the soundtrack, but never followed up on it. It wasn't until I heard Lacrimosa in October 2010 that I found Kalafina, and promptly found Kajiura shortly after when Puella Magi Madoka Magica started airing at the start of 2011. Then I realised it was her who'd done Cossette and hunted it down to listen to again.

Oh, so you're studying over here in the UK? Neat, there's more of us around :sohappy:. Are you planning to go to university or anything after A-levels? I can honestly say my years at uni were some of the most enjoyable I've had and many of the friends I'm really close to I found whilst I was there, so if you're on the fence about it, I recommend it.

Have you had a chance to see Kalafina or Kajiura/FJ live yet? The experiences I've had with Kalafina are some of the best live performances I've seen, but sadly I've never had a chance to see a Kajiura live, although I'd love to have that chance at some point.

Do you have any particular favourite songs from either source? I know you mentioned ASoSaF and Mune no Yukue so I'd presume those are up there for you, but I'm sure you have more that stand out. It can be hard to choose sometimes though :omgz:.

Oh, and I presume that art in your signature is yours. Looks really nice :goodjob:.

Welcome to the forum :hi:. I swear everyone lurks this place for ages before actually joining up, it seems to be a ritual. Kalafina and Kajiura seem to have a certain effect on people, I'm not sure quite what causes it. Maybe it's aliens. Or magic. Whatever it is, I'm happy it exists and that they're fine to share it with us mere mortals :innocent:.

One of these days I really should finish Kara no Kyoukai. Have you seen any of the other shows Kajiura or her projects are involved in other than that or Tsubasa? I had a similar experience as you when I watched Le Portrait de Petit Cossette back when I started watching anime back in 2009 and fell in love with the soundtrack, but never followed up on it. It wasn't until I heard Lacrimosa in October 2010 that I found Kalafina, and promptly found Kajiura shortly after when Puella Magi Madoka Magica started airing at the start of 2011. Then I realised it was her who'd done Cossette and hunted it down to listen to again.

Oh, so you're studying over here in the UK? Neat, there's more of us around :sohappy:. Are you planning to go to university or anything after A-levels? I can honestly say my years at uni were some of the most enjoyable I've had and many of the friends I'm really close to I found whilst I was there, so if you're on the fence about it, I recommend it.

Have you had a chance to see Kalafina or Kajiura/FJ live yet? The experiences I've had with Kalafina are some of the best live performances I've seen, but sadly I've never had a chance to see a Kajiura live, although I'd love to have that chance at some point.

Do you have any particular favourite songs from either source? I know you mentioned ASoSaF and Mune no Yukue so I'd presume those are up there for you, but I'm sure you have more that stand out. It can be hard to choose sometimes though :omgz:.

Oh, and I presume that art in your signature is yours. Looks really nice :goodjob:.

:plz:Thank you sooo much for the warm welcome and yes, I did draw my signature, thanks!
Kajiura-sama has blessed so many of us.

I'm not a hardcore anime fan at all, but I do watch animes from time to time. Hmm... Mai-HiME, KnK, Black Butler, Madoka, FateSN/Z/UBW, SAO, Aldnoah and a little bit of NOIR and sora no woto... I think I've watched most of the more popular/recent ones. And of course I'm streaming Bokumachi every Thursday afternoon!
I wonder whether 'there will be more space for imagination if we just listen to OSTs without seeing the show itself' is always true or not. This is what I did with Pandora and for some reason I have a feeling that there wouldn't be much difference if I did watch it~

I've never had a chance to see any.of.their.lives.! They've been to HK so many times now and I was never lucky enough to see them... BUT STILL I'M FULL OF HOPE! One day I shall...

I don't think I'll ever have the courage to pick a favourite song. It's just too difficult~
Actually Mune no Yukue will be better if it's a little bit shorter (but it's 'real original' version is even longer I know). I do have some similar feelings as you for FOTW songs though (stalker! //is slapped). Favourites from this album are Sorairo no Isu, Gogatsu no Mahou and Usumurasaki. And my least favourite Kalafina song (out of all Kalafina songs!) is believe. *laugh* Maybe I'll post some comments to the album thread later. I prefer classic-mysterious-otherworldly Kalafina, but something like Samidare and Mahiru did not disappoint me.

And definitely Uni for me after A-Levels. (Probably going to UCL~) I'm actually quite apprehensive. NOT PREPARED FOR UNI LIFE AT ALL! (way too shy (≧ω≦))

*deep bow* This is Caterpiendante.
Please call me Caterpi, mushi-chan or Wormie, or whatever you find comfortable with. (*′∇`*)
よろしくお願いします。
Very active @baidu & fictionjunction.org
To those who are also active in these two places, I'm 小蟲子。*wave*

Welcome @Caterpiendante! Yes, lurking first happens a lot here.

I hope that you can be in Hong Kong when there is a live show there or get over to Japan for some live shows.

PS Chiaki Ishikawa will be in HK soon, although I'd imagine that is will sell out ( http://edproductionltd.blogspot.hk/2015/12/livemusic-stories.html ) - if you haven't heard her material with Yuki Kajiura as See-Saw or her solo material it is worth checking out.

Enjoy your time here and feel free to ask any questions about Yuki Kajiura's music and musicians!

Ah yes, someone else who agrees Mune no Yukue should be shorter. It's actually grown on me recently (as in, I watched the Best lives the last few days and am right this moment watching the Consolation live, and I've enjoyed it more than I have before) but it's definitely too long. Same goes for In Your Eyes, Eden, Ring Your Bell and Musunde Hiraku actually, all of them I'd enjoy more if they were a minute or so shorter. Sometimes more isn't necessarily better, although being a huge fan of Sandpiper, Red Moon and Obbligato that isn't always true.

I used to be huge into anime for the first 4 or so years I watched it (2009-2013) which almost directly coincides with when I was at university, actually. I was living with two other anime fans so we watched a lot of stuff together. Since then I haven't seen much and had a huge period with no internet, so I've kind of fallen out of watching it. I still watch the occasional thing, but I spend around 90% of my spare time doing stuff other than watching programs, be they live action or anime. I think Kill la Kill and Bokumachi are the only two I've actually seen as they were airing since I restarted, the rest has either been things I've been meaning to catch up on or the occasional watching of bad series with a bunch of friends together because we're a little masochistic :ayashii:. I haven't even seen Aldnoah yet but I reckon that'll fall into that category from the snippets I've seen.

Hah yes, it must be really disappointing to see Kalafina performing live in your home country a bunch whilst you're abroad. I'm sure you'll get your chance though, I'm still hoping they'll come visit the UK at some point, or at least go to nearby Europe again.

I prefer the darker side of Kalafina too, but that's likely come from the fact that I'm hugely into rock and metal as well. No surprise that I'm a big fan of Destination Unknown :innocent:. I really should relisten to Samidare, I haven't done so since the single came out and I'm not even sure why. I have had Mahiru on a couple of times and I do like it, but it just doesn't stand out to me. I'd rather have that on FotW than Hokage though, honestly, it's a lot prettier.

I'm sure you'll be able to find friends at university, I was in a similar situation since I didn't know anyone at all at mine (I went to Winchester) as all my friends went to other universities, but I actually found a couple of people in my first ever lecture, one of whom I ended up spending two years of my time there sharing a house with. Most of my other friends came from either the roleplaying or anime societies (there was a lot of crossover, unsurprisingly) and those are still some of my closest friends. One of the people I went to Japan with came from there, whilst the other was a friend who I've known since I was in primary school. I'm not particularly familiar with UCL, but I do have friends in London and it's relatively close, some of my friends went to Uxbridge university as well. What are you planning to study there? Best of luck getting in, too :goodjob:.

Welcome to CPM!!!! Enjoy your stay here~

I would want to comment more, but I'm currently on the train, so later when I'm home (and procrastinating OTL)

Welcome @Caterpiendante! Yes, lurking first happens a lot here.

I hope that you can be in Hong Kong when there is a live show there or get over to Japan for some live shows.

PS Chiaki Ishikawa will be in HK soon, although I'd imagine that is will sell out ( http://edproductionltd.blogspot.hk/2015/12/livemusic-stories.html ) - if you haven't heard her material with Yuki Kajiura as See-Saw or her solo material it is worth checking out.

Enjoy your time here and feel free to ask any questions about Yuki Kajiura's music and musicians!

Thank you! :waii:

I've listened to very few See-Saw songs, probably because I've gotten so used to recent FJ/Kalafina styles I'm afraid that Old Yuki + Chiaki won't exactly be my cup of tea. But so far it seems that I'm more worried than I should.
I had a feeling that 'expressions' in See-Saw songs were more human-like and straightforward (don't know how to explain this properly), maybe because of Chiaki's unique singing style...?

My mind is also polluted with the information that 'Chiaki is the past', which gives me an impression of See-Saw songs = reminiscence and sadly, this isn't what I'm looking for at the moment.
In short, See-Saw is somehow too adult-like for me. ( ̄∀ ̄)

masochistic

Masochistic. :ohoho:You're so lucky! In my school I couldn't find anyone who likes anime. No otakus like me. Aldnoah season one is amazing, season two not so much. Heavenly blue is not a song that I really like either and its music video is way too chaotic.
Hmm, at least 'finding anime fans' can be one of the reason why I should look forward to starting Uni life now.

I'm thinking of putting Kalafina keyrings onto my bags just in case we bump into each other on the streets. If Kalafina does perform in the UK I'll explode with happiness.

Destination Unknown reminds me of Nowhere in Madlax. I have not much love for rock and metal. A narrow music taste I have~ don't really know how to appreciate many genres yet~ But I will learn, hopefully.
Oh and, I think the strings at the very beginning (just before OP) of Bokumachi 03 have a Sandpiper feeling.

Imo Samidare only resonates with your emotions if you have those emotions. A wonderfully heart-warming song at certain times... :love:
Hikaru in Mahiru is horrible I know, but the piano's simplicity is love, Keiko's gentle&slippery tone is love, Wakana's angelic voice is love. Lyrics are :imdead:.
Hokage is terrible! Strained Wakana and melody is just not interesting enough.

Applied for NatSci@UCL but parents want me to do medicine elsewhere. *punch floor*
まだ見ぬ未来の景色。(Kizuato lyrics edited *laugh*)

Thanks again for your encouragement. :idol:

welcome to cpm! feel free to post your art in the creative corner //wink

any fav OSTs?

Thank you~ I am not really artistic. Not brave enough to share anything yet!
Current favourite is Kara no Kyoukai's. :tea:Reasons... toooo complicated and too lazy to talk about at the moment. //is slapped

Welcome to CPM!!!! Enjoy your stay here~

I would want to comment more, but I'm currently on the train, so later when I'm home (and procrastinating OTL)

Thanks! :XD:

Ooh.. I also registered to this forum on this precious date (01/23), hahaha, and welcome to the forum! :D

*shake hands* Thank you~ :sohappy:
Meaningful day for many~

I had a feeling that 'expressions' in See-Saw songs were more human-like and straightforward (don't know how to explain this properly), maybe because of Chiaki's unique singing style...?

It's a bit difficult to explain, when you see the live clip of See-Saw's "Swimmer" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTwX_T34qY you get the impression that they were giving their all (and that's Kyoichi Sato on drums even back then). The anime songs of See-Saw can be sadder than anything that Yuki Kajiura has done with other vocalists, eg Seijaku wa Headphone no Naka 「静寂はヘッドフォンの中」https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGYf_MdrZlc

Solo Chiaki-san can be sad but also some bright pieces, she doesn't wallow in sadness and is cheerful and funny on stage.

I managed to see Chiaki Ishikawa solo (Animelo Summer Live 2011/2012, Shimokitazawa July 2012, Kagerou Pain play January 2013, Majestic Prince mini live at Tower Records Shinjuku May 2013, Shibuya O-East August 2013 and Osaka IMP Hall May 2015) and she's been worth it every time.

Squall from Shibuya O-East 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaEw3Qd_WeI
TW from Shibuya O-East 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAmSCy2vbO8

Anyway, enjoy exploring the music of Yuki Kajiura and related artists as it interests you, there are plenty of fans of varied music here!

I've listened to very few See-Saw songs, probably because I've gotten so used to recent FJ/Kalafina styles I'm afraid that Old Yuki + Chiaki won't exactly be my cup of tea. But so far it seems that I'm more worried than I should.

My mind is also polluted with the information that 'Chiaki is the past', which gives me an impression of See-Saw songs = reminiscence and sadly, this isn't what I'm looking for at the moment.
In short, See-Saw is somehow too adult-like for me. ( ̄∀ ̄)
Kuga already beat me to it, but do give some of their songs a try (I always suggest Seijaku, Kioku, indio, Yasashii Yoake, edge, and Senyaichiya - all from their second era)
FJ has covered some See-Saw songs at lives, such as Kimi ga Ita Monogatari, Uta, and Yasashii Yoake. Kalafina has covered Anna ni Issho datta no ni and Uta. There's speculation that I have a dream was originally a See-Saw song, and there's evidence that silent moon and Mune no Yukue were unreleased songs they performed live.
the reason you may find the songs more straightforward is because Chiaki usually wrote the lyrics, lol
there's always a part of me hoping for Chiaki to be a guest at a YK live, or for a reunion See-Saw live, because I NEED to hear her sing indio and seijaku live D:
Destination Unknown reminds me of Nowhere in Madlax.
DU was originally a FJY song, so it's interesting that it reminds you of madlax
don't be afraid, we don't bite :3
Current favourite is Kara no Kyoukai's. :tea:Reasons... toooo complicated and too lazy to talk about at the moment. //is slapped
ah, KnK <3 my all time favorite track is if I cry from the KnK collection (even if it's really a compilation of songs)

Masochistic. :ohoho:You're so lucky! In my school I couldn't find anyone who likes anime. No otakus like me. Aldnoah season one is amazing, season two not so much. Heavenly blue is not a song that I really like either and its music video is way too chaotic.
Hmm, at least 'finding anime fans' can be one of the reason why I should look forward to starting Uni life now.

I'm thinking of putting Kalafina keyrings onto my bags just in case we bump into each other on the streets. If Kalafina does perform in the UK I'll explode with happiness.

Destination Unknown reminds me of Nowhere in Madlax. I have not much love for rock and metal. A narrow music taste I have~ don't really know how to appreciate many genres yet~ But I will learn, hopefully.
Oh and, I think the strings at the very beginning (just before OP) of Bokumachi 03 have a Sandpiper feeling.

Imo Samidare only resonates with your emotions if you have those emotions. A wonderfully heart-warming song at certain times... :love:
Hikaru in Mahiru is horrible I know, but the piano's simplicity is love, Keiko's gentle&slippery tone is love, Wakana's angelic voice is love. Lyrics are :imdead:.
Hokage is terrible! Strained Wakana and melody is just not interesting enough.

Applied for NatSci@UCL but parents want me to do medicine elsewhere. *punch floor*
まだ見ぬ未来の景色。(Kizuato lyrics edited *laugh*)

Thanks again for your encouragement. :idol:

I didn't even get into anime until halfway through last year of A-levels and only a couple of people I knew enjoyed it as well, university is where I experienced most of what I've seen. I think most universities seem to have societies, although some of them are of... questionable quality. It really depends on the people there, honestly.

I'm not often in London and even then, the chance of bumping into each other is practically none. Sadly the only Kalafina fans I've ever met have been either people I knew already or from here, and I've only seen people with Kalafina merch at events they've been at. It can't really hurt to put keyrings on your bag though, maybe someone will notice and talk to you. If you really want to meet then we'd probably have to develop a plan.

I still haven't actually seen Bokumachi ep 3, waiting on my friend to get internet back, should be a few days or so. I spent most of my time in high school and A-levels listening to rock and metal and not much else other than soundtracks, it's only since university that I got into Japanese music and only in the last four or so years I've started to widen my tastes again, I still listen to a lot of rock/metal, soundtrack and J-pop/J-rock, but I also have a whole bunch of electronica, jazz and pop I listen to as well.

I honestly don't mind Hikaru in Mahiru. She's not at her best but it's not unlistenable. Hokage is pretty bad though, although it's a lot better live. Wakana completely nailed it when I saw them in Osaka, it sounded so much better than the studio version. Still has the other issues but it improved it a lot. I see your 'too biased to criticise' phase is over already :ayashii:. Really though, there's a whole bunch of stuff to criticise but it's heavily outweighed by how much there is to appreciate, thankfully. I'm just a very critical person overall, I'm of the thought that pretty much everything has positive and negative elements, that nothing is perfect and very few things are entirely worthless.

NatSci, aye? Interesting topic I did try to do Biology at A-level but ended up switching it out in the end. Really, it's up to you to decide what to do, it's your future. If that's what you're interested in, then you should go for it.

As for your art, if your signature is anything to go by you've got some artistic talent already. If this is what you can do now (and don't seem too happy with) then further improvement could make something rather lovely indeed. I'd love to see something you do consider yourself happy with.

What a beautiful drawings! I hope you would spend a great time on CPM! :w00t:

Sorry for the late reply! Slept for eleven hours... :dote:

The anime songs of See-Saw can be sadder than anything that Yuki Kajiura has done with other vocalists, eg Seijaku wa Headphone no Naka 「静寂はヘッドフォンの中」https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGYf_MdrZlc

Thank you very very very much for this!!! *deep bow*
Heard it first time yesterday and my heart was captivated. This song is poisonous... it seriously hurts.
I never thought See-Saw songs could give me such a tremendous feeling and because of this I realised how little I know about Kajiura-sama herself. Thank you so much for waking me up. :touched:
I've decided to chase her history before it's too late. I need the pride to say I love her!

the reason you may find the songs more straightforward is because Chiaki usually wrote the lyrics

Hmm... I've only read the lyrics of two See-Saw songs so far so I believe it's the music itself which gives me this impression. Metaphorically, See-Saw songs in general are tend to be like 'music and listener talking to each other' while Kalafina/FJ songs are 'more godlike and less reciprocal'. (Sorry for not being able to explain properly!)

ah, KnK <3 my all time favorite track is if I cry from the KnK collection (even if it's really a compilation of songs)

Ah, I can't really confidently pick a favourite track. They sound different to me at different times.
Love the beautiful piano in if I cry. Oh, Fujino...

Welcome to CPM! Nice to meet you!! I hope that you have celebrated Kala Anniversary listening to their songs fuuuu Enjoy your stay :)

Nice to meet you too! *shake hands ferociously*

I see your 'too biased to criticise' phase is over already :ayashii:.

No it isn't over yet! I didn't say anything harsh did I? To me, Hikaru's voice in Mahiru is like suddenly banging your teeth on a hard cracker while drinking a sweet and smooth juice/milkshake...:wet:
Have to disagree with you there, (maybe I'm too naive) but I don't think anything is entirely worthless. *laugh*

And no, I'm not the type of person who has excellent social skills.
I think it's more 'romantic' to accidentally fish out someone from this huge pool of human beings who shares the same love as I do. :shy:

I really do hope I can get hold of my own future. :leaf:

Welcome to CPM! :hi: Enjoy yourself here! Love your signature, by the way.

Thank you thank you~ :innocent:

What a beautiful drawings! I hope you would spend a great time on CPM! :w00t:

Thanks!
:study: -> Endless thread-scrolling.

Hi, Welcome to CPM!
It's really nice here, people can be judgemental when it comes to music releases so do be warned, people probably do it out of love and to tell everyone else what it's like too.

My parents have absolutely no idea that I love Kajiura.
Mine either, my mum knows I like Kalafina but I don't think she sees the interest.
I also remember when I was considering getting lessons for the first time in Japanese. My friend wrote out an entire hiragana alphabet chart and pronounced everything. The videos are still on my phone, I could probably read some Japanese and be able to pronounce it since I know what the alphabet looks like and sounds like with a guide, as for understanding it I have no clue. It's kind of like jumping in the deep end of a pool for me, it looks really daunting. I did Chinese (mandarin) from Reception to Year 5 but I had no interest and due to my lack of attention at a young age I missed out on the most important lesson on tones and pronunciation. I know I can learn Japanese if I try and use hiragana mostly and don't rely on romaji too much, but learning on my own is kind of scary and my parents don't think I could handle a third language (I lean Italian currently) Many universities offer language courses for free and I believe the school of languages is free till your 21 here where I live in Australia, so I have many chances that I will not let go to waste.

I have not much love for rock and metal. A narrow music taste I have~ don't really know how to appreciate many genres yet~ But I will learn, hopefully.
Music grows on you. Give it time, many people dislike songs initially but when they go back and listen they enjoy them really well. Make sure you're open to listening to different types of music, if people ever represent an opportunity take it and expose yourself to it. Exposure is often half the battle.

Back