Salva Nos - Work in progress. Need Help :)

A

allexiel

Hi everyone!

Most of you already know that I'm working with grunty on Salva nos.
I won't publish yet his voice as he'd kill be if I do...
but... as he isn't satisfied with the song as of how it sounds now...

I'd like to ask for... advice? Help? Tips? :) Name whatever you want...

I'm basically looking for the main parts to sound like the original anime version...

I was quiet satisfied... knowing that it's the first real full song I have (re)done with computer.
But as of now, Kacpy won't even sing anymore because he says he 'can't use the song how it is'.

What do you guys think of it? It it that bad? :(
Or perhaps... do you think it's worth working on it a little more?

Any advice is welcome! So here comes the instrumental version (with voice it's much much betteR... but can't publish it now :()

http://www.zshare.net/audio/17741644a334430d/

Oh! it sounds really cool. I suppose you could experiment a bit with his voice buut...first you should take care of the wood towards the end. try a little more reverb. just slightly. (but then again, i'm just trying to sound smart XD )That's as best as i can do. There's not actually much to be done as even the original song is really quite simple and str8 forward.

It sounds really cool! ;) Good job.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Ayashii... as for the woods towards the end, it will be Violin in the end... and completely different then the original song :d
I managed to find something a little better !

But thanks...!

Like i've already told you, i think a longer intro would be better. But i like it :D
What doesn't grouchy like ? is he going to stop working with you ? :/
even if he's got a crappy temper, his voice is great. but i would understand if you stopped working with him ^^;
The flute sounds weird sometimes, not very fluent, but it doesn't matter since you will change it.
And i'm glad that you're goind to try something different within the song. Something like a medley maybe, with some "electro-ish" weird sounds and with some of your own value-added would be nice, but i want to say "fais toi plaisir et lache toi :D" like we say in french.

allexiel said:
I'd like to ask for... advice? Help? Tips? :) Name whatever you want...
Well, for one, the flute still needs work. The song in its entirety should sound more full. Also, it should be longer. If you can't find enough inspiration in Salva Nos alone, try adding pieces of music from Melodie (Salva Nos Version).

Also remember that covers are just like robots. When people design robots, they should be 1) indistinguishable from humans or 2) completely different from humans. A poor human copy is not accepted. The same thing goes for covers: if you can't make it sound exactly like the original, make it entirely different.

Ayashii said:
try a little more reverb
Lol, I said the exact same thing to Allexiel on the chan.

RaveD said:
Also remember that covers are just like robots. When people design robots, they should be 1) indistinguishable from humans or 2) completely different from humans. A poor human copy is not accepted. The same thing goes for covers: if you can't make it sound exactly like the original, make it entirely different.

Totally agree! :bwahaha:

And lol, we think alike. :XD:

Wow, Allexiel, it's pretty good! :dote:

Hm...yes, I agree that it should be a little longer, but anyway, good luck!

Back