Sakura Nagashi Cover (Utada Hikaru)

N

noGenerators

Hi everyone!

I made a cover of the theme from the Rebuild of Evangelion 3.33 "Sakura Nagashi" by Utada Hikaru.

This project was unknowingly about 1.5 years in the making. I had originally been learning the piano arrangement when it originally came out just as a hobby and because it's so gorgeous, and naturally I've been singing to it in the car, in the shower, while playing piano, etc. but it's only been in the last month or so that I decided I really wanted to record the whole thing as a cover.

Please give it a listen! I'd really like to know what you all think. Aside from my horrible mic quality and so-so mixing skills, I'm actually a little bit proud of the end product. *tear*

https://soundcloud.com/nogenerators/sakura-nagashi

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow you have a nice voice!
You mixed up a couple of words, but overall your pronunciation is really good. I feel like you were kind of straining at the end but I know how crazy high Utada Hikaru's songs can get … I wish I could sing half as well as you do lol. Good job!

Oh wow thank you! That means a lot :)

And boy was I straining! I kind of wonder if Utada Hikaru herself can hit those notes as comfortably as she seems to in the song or if some of it is fixed in the studio. If this were made earlier in her career I would think that it's all her, but based on her more recent lives, I would guess that it is a strain on her voice as well. I definitely should warm up a little better before recording haha.

I also hadn't realized I had missed some of the words. I must have memorized it the wrong way whoops.

But thank you for the feedback I really appreciate it! :)

Back