"ring your bell" cover

What should I cover next?

• Total voters
Wow, you have really good voice @Atlas Star! Great job:goodjob:
It's interesting to listen RYB sung by man :XD:Which microphone do you use to record?
I try to cover oblivious but my voice is not so soft and high like Wakana.

Wow, you have really good voice @Atlas Star! Great job:goodjob:
It's interesting to listen RYB sung by man :XD:Which microphone do you use to record?
I try to cover oblivious but my voice is not so soft and high like Wakana.
Thanks so much! haha
I use the Rode microphone. I love it so much - although it records in mono... so limits the mixability of the vocals. Nonethelss, still very good quality :)
I think the key to sounding good in a Kalafina cover is to mimic the styles of the Kalafina girls.. WAKANA has a very warm and nostalgic voice... almost like yearning for a lost lover, to me at least. To sound like her, I just think of "pain (emotional)".
For KEIKO, I always sing with a smile on, for that's what she always does. I open up my throat a lot more for KEIKO's lines, because she has a very resounding, broad voice.
For HIKARU, I sing with a playful tone to my voice. I also add a huge kick in power, for I believe she is the most vigorous of the three Kalafina vocalists.

Have you sheet of RYB or have you know melody of second voice because you only listen this song?

Yeah, Wakana is emotional person. Keiko is the most stable from the three with her voice (her stable position when she sings)

At some point I may cover a Kala song, but I'd have trouble on some of Wakana's really high notes (like the high part in the chorus of RYB or TTB) and Kei's low notes (Magia harmony, etc.)... My range isn't that big XD. I don't have a good mic at all, though. The best I have is a crappy webcam mic :XD:. It gets the job done for Skype, but it probably won't work for singing... I may also do a clarinet cover before trying a vocal cover since I play clarinet in band class. I'll just have to transpose from C to B flat...

Now I'm just thinking out loud (or on typing?) Sorry for my rambling!:touched:

Nice cover! Your voice is good! :goodjob:

At some point I may cover a Kala song, but I'd have trouble on some of Wakana's really high notes (like the high part in the chorus of RYB or TTB) and Kei's low notes (Magia harmony, etc.)... My range isn't that big XD. I don't have a good mic at all, though. The best I have is a crappy webcam mic :XD:. It gets the job done for Skype, but it probably won't work for singing... I may also do a clarinet cover before trying a vocal cover since I play clarinet in band class. I'll just have to transpose from C to B flat...

Now I'm just thinking out loud (or on typing?) Sorry for my rambling!:touched:

Nice cover! Your voice is good! :goodjob:
asdf same. The cover is really amazing Atlas! It makes me want to share my singing but like Westkana I also have a crappy mic:XD:
Don't worry Westkana you're vocal range will expand eventually but the age is different for everyone. Just try new things and challenge yourself but remember to warm up first! When I started solo singing lessons I became a lot more confident in higher notes, ad-lib and singing solo. However I'm going to have to start that process all over again since my old teacher moved to Ireland and my new teacher is a strict soprano prude who hates low notes :touched:.

Back