Recruitments for the main site [LOOKING FOR: HUMAN LYRICS TRANSLATOR]

george1234

Hello everyone :hi:

This thread is going to be a thread for all sort of editor position offers for the main site and or the gallery. We decided to place it here (instead of the Suggestions board) in order to be seen by more people.

I was recently thinking that there are some things on the site that I never manage to work on and they keep being on the queuing for months or even years, for example the Interviews viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3618 or the non official releases (Discography) viewtopic.php?f=3&t=832&start=75 (there are tones of stuff to be added on both of these cases)

So I discussed it with Kera and she agreed that we need to make teams of editors that will work together in 1 part of the site each of the team (eg team for the lyrics, team for the discography, team for the vocalists, team for the interviews etc) so that each job is done fast and by with less work on each editor's shoulders. There will be no change to the past ones, there will be just additions.

[smallcaps]In details (descriptions of jobs + requirements)[/smallcaps]

1.) "Interviews" Team: I can easily say that our list of interview on the main site is incomplete in both texts and video. I had recently requested help in order for older interviews to be gather in 1 place so that I can later add them on the main site. The problem is that I cant find time to work on them, so some other people need to do it ^^. You can check this thread for all the details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3618

Also I think that in this team it would be good if there were also 1-2 people with good japanese knowledge to translate the texts that are still in japanese.

2.) "Discography" Team: There are around 10 non-Yuki Kajiura & Co releases containing remixes and/or covers of her works That need to be added to the discography. They start from here viewtopic.php?p=137518#p137518 and onwards
Also there might be need from improvisation of other entries that miss credits.

3.) Sheet Music Transcriber? Untill now we have been borrowing the sheet music from third party transcribers, so I think it would good if there was someone who would be able to do sheet music for CPM, we do have a list of requests after all http://canta-per-me.net/sheet-music/uno ... eet-music/

4. "Vocalists" Team There was recently request for improvisation of the profiles of the individual vocalists Myself I have updated Kaori Oda's text but not of the rest of the vocalists. More info: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3747

[smallcaps]Requirements[/smallcaps]

1. Time Those that will accept to help will need to have and willing to spend some time in that job. Accepting the job and not helping for months is pointless.

2. Dedication: Doing something while being lazy to, wont help much since it will reduce your productivity and the final result.

3. Oath that they wont share their Wordpress password and username with other people.
:knife:

Don't worry if you don't have experience over using Wordpress, if you accept I will send you a little something that will cover that gap of knowledge :sparkleguy:

[smallcaps]Previously Requested Jobs[/smallcaps]

> Expand Yuki's profile text into a full article? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3510
> Merchandise section viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2804
Even though we even posted on the main site about it, nobody showed interest, so I'm bringing it up again in cases there's someone new interested :)

***IMPORTANT***
This should be obvious but I am stating to make sure you all know it.

canta-per-me.net is a fansite made by fans for fans and whoever helps does it completely voluntarily and thus he/she cant request payment of any sort.

1.) "Interviews" Team: I can easily say that our list of interview on the main site is incomplete in both texts and video. I had recently requested help in order for older interviews to be gather in 1 place so that I can later add them on the main site. The problem is that I cant find time to work on them, so some other people need to do it ^^. You can check this thread for all the details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3618

That'd be my job. I've been trying for months to update those on site, but never got the chance to actually do it (I guess I like the forum more than wordpress). I'm kinda lazy, but I will do it :sparkleguy:

> Expand Yuki's profile text into a full article? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3510
I asked Black Sword to do it and he agreed, but I told him to wait until I finish AnimeGiga feat Yuki Kajiura interview, which is a very good refference material.

Also, if anyone else wants to work on this please PM me. I'll send you some not-yet-posted/fully finished interviews I have with Kajiura where she talks about her own works, those will provide you great help.

Za Kowz can do this:

4. "Vocalists" Team There was recently request for improvisation of the profiles of the individual vocalists Myself I have updated Kaori Oda's text but not of the rest of the vocalists. More info: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3747

I can help! I actually use Wordpress for my wesbsite so I have some experience, not much as I know there is so much more I could do. heh But you, or someone can teach me. (I can ask my friend Shaf too who is very website oriented. (And even if I get this part time job I will still have time.)

Oh that great!! I will send a file to all people that accept pretty soon

@Liana: Please see what you can help with :)

I can probably start with discography and see if I have time for the vocalists. Are all the ones that need to be added on those links? Please PM me the details, thanks!

aki is interested :innocent:
I could help with interviews section too if you want help Varete
though I have no background whatsoever in wordpress :ohoho:

^wordpress is really easy. going to go play around with it a little more in a bit. You can ask me questions if they are simple ones. heh

Mostly easy, I should say, but sometimes HTML gets just mean with punctuation and links. :XD: It's best to keep the actual pagew in another tab, constantly save the changes and check them by refreshing the whole deal. The editor doesn't give the full enough picture in either mode.

Re:

aki said:
aki is interested :innocent:
I could help with interviews section too if you want help Varete
though I have no background whatsoever in wordpress :ohoho:

I shall warn you that the merchandise section doesn't exist yet and so it needs to be created from scratch. I can help you on that, providing that you and whoever else wants to help (because it cant be done by only 2 people) will keep updating it :)

^ as long as someone can show me how to do it, I'll try my best :sparkleguy:
oh, and also george, if you need help moving the pictures in the gallery, I can help

I am going to work on the Discography page. I hope to get started soon. Anyone want to join me?

Thanks everyone for helping! I have set up all the accounts with page access. If you have any trouble editing or logging in let me know!

So in conclusion, so far:

Interviews
Varete
aki

Discography
Liana_Illia

Merchandise
aki

Yuki new profile
Varete

I didnt forgot kowz since he already has account for vocalists and lyrics.

These are additional to these http://canta-per-me.net/contact-and-credits/ and will soon adde them there, once some result of work are shown.

@aki: Can I have your gtalk / msn address so that we can talk about the merchandise section?
@Varete: same

I didnt forgot anyone, the invitation was for anyone interested. Also you have stop doing the updates so I thought you were no more interested :P

I don't even remember my gmail since i use it once in a blue moon... and i don't use msn either... is Y!M or skype ok? :XD:

Back