I would prefer the following order:

• Kanji-Romaji + Romaji-Translation

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Kanji-Translation + Romaji-Translation

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

george1234

Hello everyone :hi:

Me and Sud are working on establisihng a new lyrics system in the site so that the songs in japanese can have not only romaji and traslation in english but Kanji too. Here's an example/ experiment: http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/cazador-del-amor/ . Please note that the order the columns appear can be changed so I will put a poll for that so make sure you vote :) Colour is also changeable.

Oh, I love the new format! Kanji-Romaji and Romaji-Translation is perfect :sohappy:

i think the display should by default as before (with romaji and translation), and kanji as the clickable option

as for the 2 choices i favor kanji_romaji, and romaji-translation

Can I vote with my feet? :uh..:

Having the Kanji-Translation option is VERY VERY EXTREMELY helpful when you want to correct a translation, and NOT having it is the very reason why I actually redid e.g. Akatsuki no Kuruma from the beginning rather than correcting the existing translation - and it's a difficult song.

I really, really need that option :(

Sorry, away building a computer.

yuki.n:

Could you please look at the page again? The clicking behavior has changed to accommodate you.

You can now click on columns to hide them.

kerahna:

First column (Kanji) hidden by default.

Kanji is most definitely welcome, however it's really not obvious that you can click anything to get that extra column.

Dont worry, I will put a notice at the top of the lyrics section once some lyrics using this format are up. We will also include the notice in one of the newsposts.

Re:

george1234 said:
Hm I converted Akatsuki to the new format but unlike cazador del amore, even though I checked and rechecked it it has problem when clicking, huge gaps between the stanzas are created and some japanese gone on their own line :cry: http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/akatsuki/

George, you need to let the stylesheet take care of line wrapping - make sure the kanji, romaji, and english versions all have the same number of lines per box; indents should show up. Other than that - the gaps are to keep things lined up.

Back