Post your music system

S

Squall Leonhart

What equipment do you listen to music on?

Here is mine:

Wharfedale 220 speakers
pic1.jpg

Denon pma-720ae amplifier
Denon dcd-720ae cd player
pic3.jpg

Sorry for horrible quality but lighting in my room is awful

I sold my Denon amp and cd and replaced it with Yamaha AS301 and CDS300. Reason is because the Yamaha has a coaxial input that will allow me to connect a blu ray player which means I can finally listen to music blu rays of Kalafina and FictionJunction.

For Headphones I use monoprice headphones (wire is detachable):
83234.jpg

And speakers I use the "iLive iHB603B Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System"
41A3c2wJDWL._SY400_.jpg

I'm not home so I can't post pics.

I use Sony Headphones with model # MDR-XB450.

They're always attached to my laptop. When I'm out places, I use earbuds for things like my 3DS/Phone. Because I have laptop. I do not have speakers for it.

Upgraded speakers to Dali Opticon 1
daliopticon1wa_1.jpg
Sound is better then my previous Wharfedale 220 speakers. I straight away tested them out on FictionJunction Elemental album and from the first track the vocals are so clear. They need to be run in with 100 hours of use until they reach there final sound but even straight out of the box it sounds so good.

I was going to get them in white but the shop only had walnut in stock. They do look good and they more neatly fit on top of my desk then the wharfedales did.

Tested out Kalafina Best Red album and Hikari No Senritsu sounded great. Going to try out Kalafina Best Blue later.

P5-S2-Gallery-1.jpg
Recently got B&W P5 Series 2 headphones. They were reduced by £70 so I thought I would finally decide to get my first pair of headphones. I tend to stay up to the early hours of the morning and at those times I cant have my hifi system loud due to neighbours sleeping so I wanted to buy headphones for awhile.

Upgraded to Monitor Audio Silver 6. Was going for less then half price.
Silver%206.jpg

Any audiophiles on this forum? Headphone fans or HiFI fans?

Got round to ordering a new amplifier and CD player to get better performance from my speakers. Both have dropped from £400 to £270 each and both have 5 star reviews on Whathifi. Sound is supposed to be smooth, detailed with wide soundstage. Works well with music with female vocals like Kalafina.
mz_pm6006_u_bk_ar_001_hi.jpg

Marantz PM6006
mz_cd6006_u_bk_ar_001_hi.jpg

Marantz CD6006

10446704_3.jpg

PM6006 inside. Low distortion power supply and shielded DAC.

Marantz-CD6006-CD-Player-inside-Sydney-Hi-Fi-Castle-Hill.jpg

CD6006 inside: High quality CD drive and high end DAC.
01-Marantz-PM6006-CD6006.jpg

I am picking them up on Thursday. Looking forward to playing all my Kalafina and FictionJunction CD's. I wish there was more audiophiles out there. If you want it to sound like the group is singing in the room with you a good HiFi system is the way to go.

Back