New song "wonderland" composed by Y. Kajiura, included in AIMER's 6th album Walpurgis

HMm... should I order the CD? Or should I hope for that Kajiura x Aimer collab album?

also Walpurgis sounds pretty

fuck it. I'll order it. I liked trill too.

Last edited:
I won't be since I already listened to the samples above but I think that's a great idea to wait for the whole package for first listen.

It's very classic yet new Kajiura. Album ordered.

Somewhat obsessed with Walpurgis, the track.

Edit: Also like hollow-mas.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty consistent/homogenous. The only jarring part is the drop cut to the first sample for me. But think I'll take it over I beg you's bridge cut to strings.

Edit:
Best parts for me: verses, transition refrain2verse2, last refrain with new harmonies (the main refrains get repetitive for me, not sure if it's because of the track or because of how much I listened to that first teaser though lol) and Aimer.
I like the verses because, again, the rhythm gets me in that "with or against"/prince of persia sands of time mood.
The not so great parts for me: that drop to the part from teaser sample and the tacked-on ending, which would've been okay if not for the most eyerolling last chord. As it is I just wish it ended on 4:38.

Also, really don't care for about half of this album. Not my thing.
wonderland, hollow-mas and walpurgis are great. I also like trill and the Madou Soshi Zenjinhen song. Plus Haru wa yuku by default. I'm sure on certain days I'll also be okay with ever after.

Last edited:
Wonderland:

The beginning of the song reminds me of this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeuwW_1eLL8&list=PLOGDrG8_zGhqqAOJi9QiZz2HIAxPSFiy8&index=42 from Fate Zero OST.
The rest seems to follow mostly a Kalafina format, its not bad in terms of melody, i wish it was less repetitive. Really like the violin when its used in the song. Weird choise to put the guitar at the very end of the song, and even weirder to put more strings after it. Its like Kajiura finished composing it at 4:37 and someone wanted it extended so she slapped some strings at the end.

Overall i still prefer "I beg you" over it. If Kalafina was still around i bet Hikaru would get the main.

instrumental ver please.

Last edited:
BEST TO MEH:
Torches - I always like this song when it was released and will never changed even today lol. Best song for me in the whole album.
wonderland - ok ok this is A LOT to take in lol. The first half is GODLY no complaints here. I won't say the 2nd half is bad/phoned-in but considering the title named wonderland and album called Walpurgis, this is possibly the best representative song for the whole album lol. the sudden drop tho...hmm I would prefer if she used different transition but it's not the worst out there! Probably the complain I could give this one is the shitty ending drill they always do during lives like really? still the 2nd best song for meeee
hollow-mas - kinda folk-ish. me likey. ok I also really love the effort they add in lyrics even tho they add english bits here it still rhymes. Tho it kinda suffers with the dragging notes that I don't like in her technique but I don't mind most of the time.
haru wa yuku - still veryy pretty whenever I hear this song lol. They can bash Kajiura for watever she did on OST but objectively speaking, she is probably the best interpreter of the theme songs of the trilogy no contest.
Chikyuugi with Vaundy - wooo happy upbeat song!! :dote: Nice collab nothing to complain happy Aimer song is a good song for me lol :ohoho:
cold rain - goodshit intro I got shivers. pretty good song overall but kinda bothered with the noisy beat used? Maybe just my speaker....
Walpurgis & walpurgis-prologue - good intro and ending the whole album. probably will like for months but get bored someday lol.
ever after and trill - standard Aimer song
Kiro - I really love the instrumentals but her singing here made me kinda bored i dunno....
marie - ahhh this one....It's a pity....I would have rated it higher but the high notes ruined it for me.
STAND-ALONE - not my cup of tea
SPARK-AGAIN - never liked her OP songs. never liked this song sorry

After listening to Wonderland all the way through once just now, I think it's OK but I'm not blown away. It definitely reminds me of Kalafina, despite some of the new touches in the arrangement. My ranking of the Kajiura-Aimer songs is in exactly chronological order, with a steeply dropping curve. I only skimmed through the rest of the songs on the album, but overall it sounds a little better to me than the previous Aimer albums I've listened to. But I'm bothered by Aimer's trembly, emotional vibrato, where she sounds like she's about to cry. Maybe she's always done this, but I notice it a lot more on this album.

I'm rabu rabuing Wunderland. Though that strings ending is very unnecessary. It even sounds like a completely different track hue.

Real form of that luxury car when wonderland is playing:

1618181884816.png

Lmao 🤣 yea it does have a middle east / india vibe and unless someone lives in Quatar UAE or SA will probably be able to afford only the one you posted 😅

Back