Manten LIVE?

• Thread starter Loving.Keiko.Kubota
  • Start date
L

Loving.Keiko.Kubota

Okay before SOMEONE FREAKS OUT and goes "someone already posted this" in a condescending manner, lemme just interrupt you and say this much: "I didn't know."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu8JuFPP8PM&feature=related[/youtube]

Anyone heard this yet?! :O that oveture leading up to the song!!! <3 ahhhhhh hahahhaha

I do like the beginning leading up the song, and I think Wakana holds that long note longer than in the actual song. (I was listening with headphones so the sound was even more muffled, but will have to again.) Thanks for posting this. I wish they would record all of their lives since each one is different and at least put them on cds, for those who can't attend.

No one's posted this, lol, but it probably should've gone in the Animagic thread. JUST SAYING

Don't have time to listen now, but as I recall from the audio rip, this was marginally better than the studio live. Though the piano opening is still way too loud imo. (I'm assuming it's from the first concert, not the second one.)

Also, might as well post Kagayaku:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPVO37vngqs[/youtube]
I find it near-perfect aside from Keiko Kajiurago problems.

^ Nice find, thanks! I hadn't seen that one before. Also, I agree. Keiko's Kajiurago part is the only problem I can find.

Maybe one of the mods can merge this thread with the AnimagiC thread?

As for Manten, I like this version a little better than the studio live. Too bad the sound quality isn't that great. :uh..:

Well, since Manten and Kagayaku have been posted, might as well add to the beginning too :ohoho: :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN-HeJHmgDk&feature=channel&list=UL[/youtube]

^sounds like some of the harmonies are a bit off, at least in the beginning. But other than that it sounds good. Unless that's just the sound quality. Man I wish I could see them again with the band present.

omg wakana did the kajiuran at the end....!! <33333333333333

edit: for to the beginning, i meant xD
edit 2: just listened to kagayaku, and I just wanted to put it out there that I didn't really find a problem with Keiko's part. just my opinion, ok??

The girls did well in Animagic..Keiko's parts in Kagayaku is just okie for me, as for To the Beginning, Keiko's part at the beginning kajiurago was a bit loud, but overall, I like it. Too bad sound quality though

wow i'm glad someone sneaked videos of it! There's not much chance we'd be seeing it otherwise :ohoho:

BTW i think it's best not to prematurely assume other people as being "condescending" or "freaking out", they might take your comment as being condescending instead! That being said, I think it's fine to have a single item posted in multiple threads, since not everyone reads every thread, and multiple instances will increase the chance of it being seen, especially a treasure such as this. I'm sure it doesn't inconvenience people that much to see something posted twice!

Don't have a chance to listen them all. Only listened to Kagayaku so far because niney and Spirica said that Keiko's kinda bad in her kajiurago part. Though, I have to agree with Loving.Keiko.Kubota on this one. I found Keiko's kajiuran is fine, even really good. Much better than her performance in last year's animax musix where Keiko's practically off key in her last Kajiurago line.

To be honest, the one's having problem here for me is Hikaru. She seems kinda having problem in her breathing. She had to pull her "kodomo" in "nakanai kodomo no hitomi ga", and her notes aren't as long as it should be. The most obvious one is the "hosoi michi" in the end. She used to manage to sing it in one breath, but in this one, she sang it hosoi -take another breath- michi. Her voice is kinda breathy too. Tbh (again), I totally don't enjoy her voice here.

I'm not saying this just because I'm a Keiko fans. Just saying here before someone said that I've said all the things above because I'm a Keiko fans.

@Kerahna: hehe sorry i guess I was just over-conscious about myself posting this video hehe
and i knowww i'm so glad! even though the sound quality is kinda subpar... but it's way better than nothing :)

@ritardando: +1 :D

Well, the sound quality of the whole concert itself couldn't be classified as good. But I see that it was better to hear from upstairs. I was in the front row and sometimes the loudness was just unbearable.

But I won't complain too much since I got to see them so close up :nosebleed:

I also think Keiko did splendid here. And Wakana too was in her best form. Hikaru did slipped sometimes here, but overall it was great!

It's nice that some people just don't bother with the "no recording" warning so we can get these. :XD:

I must admit that I was a bit worried that they wouldn't be able to sound their best on the night (or two!) but all three of them sounded fantastic. I can't recall the exact thread, but there were links to one or two vids of earlier lives that sounded...not so good if I were to be brutally honest. At that point I started to wonder if the live DVDs were comprised of the best takes of each song from various performances on tour.

I doubt that two good shows in two days was a fluke so I reckon that since their first live shows they've had enough practice and experience to be a great live act and they're now consistently good. I really LOVE live music; there's no way a pre-recorded backing track could match having Kore-chan and the rest of the live band in the room with them. That was the only disappointment for me...but if they are indeed breaking into the European market, maybe they'll do more than 'mostly-lives'... :ayashii:

Thanks so much for posting and sharing these vids, guys! :chuu: :sohappy:

Manten was amazing ohmigosh :shy: :shy: :shy: They nailed my favourite verse, which makes me happy. Wacchan was very strong on her 'tsubasa wo hoshigatte' and did a pretty good job on her killer 'manten no chorus of liiiiiiiiiife/light' line (is that mystery word meant to be 'light' or 'life'? :confu: ). I think it was even better than that studio live we had, even with the poor sound quality...:love:

Keiko was fine in the kajiurago part of Kagayaku for me, apart from a slight slip-up at the very end of her part, and whilst Hikaru didn't sound as good as in After Eden (but then, that was a DVD :ohoho: ), I reckon she still did a pretty good job and sang powerfully.

I liked the second half of TTB better than the first half - Keiko was pretty amazing throughout, Hikaru did well, and Wakana was a bit shaky at the beginning and again for a split-second (but she saved it :ohoho: ) on the 'utaaaaaaa' at the very end, but I thought she was FABULOUS on the second half of the song. Especially on the kajiurago chorus and her solo part :dote: :dote: :shy: :shy: :hearts: She did even better than previous performances. And her voice also sounds much stronger here, so my worry for her is lessened. Hopefully she is in the stages of recovering form whatever was bothering her voice before...

I reckon their lives are getting better :goodjob: Hopefully they keep it up and continue to improve in leaps and bounds. :sohappy:

Listened to "to the beginning". It's nice. Apparently Keiko took almost all the part in the first half of the bridge.
Hikaru's "hohoemi no chikaku" is disturbing me even more in this live. Keiko's a bit failed in her "i" in "shinai". Wakana did a really good job in the second half of the song!

Re:

Cerise said:
Manten was amazing ohmigosh :shy: :shy: :shy: They nailed my favourite verse, which makes me happy. Wacchan was very strong on her 'tsubasa wo hoshigatte' and did a pretty good job on her killer 'manten no chorus of liiiiiiiiiife/light' line (is that mystery word meant to be 'light' or 'life'? :confu: ).

I don't think it's meant to be either of those, since it sounds like Wakana is singing a long 'a' sound, like in the word vain. IMO, I think she actually says 'of pain.'

everyone was crying
because they wanted wings
life plays
the whole sky’s chorus

That's the translation of the stanza on here right before Wakana says the mystery word. It seems like a sad stanza, so I think 'of pain' fits. I also think in the studio live, her lips look like they're forming a 'p' at the beginning and a 'n' at the end, but she can't articulate it well. Though, that could just be me. :XD:
---
I did like TTB here. It's a little shaky at the start, but I think they improve as the song goes on. :dote:

everyone was crying
because they wanted wings
life plays
the whole sky’s chorus
of light
of life
of pain

Yeah, 'pain' fits the lyrics best perhaps... :ayashii: Ahhh I wonder why they didn't put it in the booklet :confu: :wai: :XD:

Yuki likes mysteries in lyrics, there are other songs which I can't ponder what it says. :XD:

There's a fanmade karaoke video on Niconico that gives it as 「満天のコーラスを歌い」, "manten no chorus o utai". Maybe that's a possibility too.

^To me, it always seemed that Wakana said something like "uteeeeeeeee" :XD: So I'd go for "utai", too.

^ I've always thought it was "of fate" :ohoho:

To me, it sounds like they're not having as much trouble with ttb as they did when they started performing Magia...from all the recordings so far I think ttb sounds pretty good :dote:

After listening to the AnimagiC recordings, I have to say Hikaru is not her best there...but Wakana sounds less strained :sohappy: to me at least XD

oh, did Kalafina wear their moonfesta dresses during a concert at AnimagiC? or just ttb ones :confu: that would be cool if one day was moonfesta and the other was ttb :dote:

Back