Loreena McKennitt

LianaIlia36

I have reached Yuki nirvana
I know there are a few Blackmore's Night fans, so I was wondering if any of you like her? I think she is awesome, and the instrumentals reminds me a lot of some of Yuki's music, epsecially Te to and secret episodes. It has an Arabian feel to it, and I'm starting to like more music like this. What do you think?

I do like her. I've heard her music for the first time about 5 years ago. There's a movie that used her song Marrakesh Market as a soundtrack. This song is one of my favourites.

Re:

Alphard Sokaina said:
I do like her. I've heard her music for the first time about 5 years ago. There's a movie that used her song Marrakesh Market as a soundtrack. This song is one of my favourites.
Cool! I will have to listen to it if I haven't already. (I only bought 2 cds by her, and one was a live, but I'm going to get more.) Do you remember what movie it was?

I like her music and have some albums~
I hear the mummers dance on radio sometimes because canadian stations are forced to play a certain percentage of canadian music XDDDD so i'm glad people outside also know of her

I've only ever heard one song by her, I believe it was a rendition of The Highwayman.

Re: Re:

Alphard Sokaina said:
Liana_Ilia said:
Do you remember what movie it was?[/color]
Bear's_Kiss
A nice movie, I liked it
I have heard the song before! I realized that I've liked her music for a long time now. heh I think the movie I heard it in was Ever After, but I could be wrong. I'll have to check that movie out. And cool Kerahna! Does she perform in Canada much?

I love her work too.
Especially her live "Nights from the Alhambra", which is awesome.

Re:

tinba said:
I love her work too.
Especially her live "Nights from the Alhambra", which is awesome.
is it released on DVD?

Uuhhhh... I remember the name Loreena McKennitt but I can't remember WHERE T___T Does she have any very famous song?

Mummer's Dance has been in a couple of movies that I know of now. And I guess The Highwayman is a popular one too. You can always search on youtube. There are some good live performances too.

Re:

Aryoch said:
Uuhhhh... I remember the name Loreena McKennitt but I can't remember WHERE T___T Does she have any very famous song?
Marrakesh night market is rather famous too

I started listening to her only recently,and i love her sound :dote: She sure reminds me of turkish/arabian music a some parts.
I downloaded her full discography except the last live,but i can see me bying The Mask&The Mirror at least ;)

She also made music for the movie The Mist of Avalon (book adaptation... gosh I love that book serie).

I was listening to Loreena when I was like 12 years old (which makes this a bit over 8 years ago xD). My mom used to listen to her a lot and I also got hooked. She bought "The Book Of Secret" and I must say that CD played a lot xD. That's when I started to love Celtic / Irish music. I love her a lot and seeing this topic made me kind of nostalgic (hadn't listen to her songs in a while).

Loreena McKennitt is awesome <3

Cool!
And All Souls Night is becoming my favorite song from her. Just got it today. :sohappy: Reminds me of some of Tori Amos' songs. I want to get up and dance during it hehe.

Back