Keiko's solo debut (after 2020)

It's not any more repetitive than, say, Magia. Lots of songs are like that in the verses. And to be fair, there might be more instruments.
Right now it sounds like a generic pop-rock song, but it might surprise us... maybe...

I don't mind this way of revealing songs? (Whether I like the songs is another matter.)
In "Be Yourself" case, I wish it wasn't just a random 40sec clip though - if not the full track, have the first 2 minutes or something.

I'd take a kpop sounding song anytime over this boring shit. Lmao Keiko why. I would be much happier if she just uses her old cancelled 2008 debut song over this. That song has character, this song is not. Like I seriously doubt Keiko's vocal could carry this song because it's soooo boring. Wakana's Toki wo Koeru Yoru ni even sounds better than this, and Toki wo is a snoozefest.
Glad to see you’re back ;__;

I think people should wait till the full song is released. This being hyper critical over a 90 second instrumental is getting silly.

I would've held my judgment but a song usually follows the pattern of verse-chorusx2-bridge-final chorus. If it's a 15 secs or 30 secs sample I definitely would've reserved my judgment. But for real the verse and chorus is already so boring, that means 90% chance the rest of the song would too. If she's really debuting with a ballad she needs to make it a Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete iku tier.

I don't mind this way of revealing songs? (Whether I like the songs is another matter.)
In "Be Yourself" case, I wish it wasn't just a random 40sec clip though - if not the full track, have the first 2 minutes or something.

I'm wondering if they even have any portion of the track done at this juncture... I dunno, but the "teasers" of Be Yourself give me the impression that it's a WIP that seems too early to tease.

In Inochi no Hana, with the piano being so prominent, I would’ve preferred a real grand piano recording rather than anything electronic. Correct me if I’m wrong but it sounds like a keyboard to me.

Well, Keiko sounds fine. v( '')v

The songs themselves - eh. All Kalafina singers proved that whatever interest I may have had in Kalafina was mainly thanks to Yuki Kajiura.

The digital single is also out. Hi-rez on mora. With instrumentals.

Last edited:
Yes Keiko sounds fine, i was even amazed by how high notes she did in the refrain of 'Be Yourself'. Also who is doing the chorus on Inochi no Hana ?

The songs themselves couldnt be more generic than they turned out to be 😅

And grunty i agree with your last statement. I find myself just checking out their solo songs but not relistening even once 😟 perhaps they need to collab with a better composer each of them.

Last edited:
OH MY GOD

FAITH RESTORED

TEASERS SUCKED

NOW I KNOW WHY

TO SHOW APPRECIATION FOR THE VOICE

Wow. I have no energy for a concise review but her voice and range were knocking me out.

Edit: Yes agreed the songs are boring AF nothing special about them at all besides the opportunity to listen to KEIKO's voice. I actually don't even see myself adding "Inochi no Hana" to my playlist....

Last edited:
Just listened too them. I like be yourself, but yes, its just another generic pop song, and what were those high notes??
About inochi no hana, there's almost nothing to say. I like how she still using her deep and lower voice in this ballad (and not that cuty voice she use in kimi ga hikari in the 10th anni). Yet, that last basho eh was unnecesary
I enjoyed both songs, but I'm really bias regarding Keiko's issues

Well if she was always able to sing so high, talk about missed opportunity that she only got to lead Alleluia in 10 years of Kalafina, and show off mostly her deep voice to the point we thought she couldnt sing high.

Back