Kara no Kyoukai 「空の境界」 The Garden of Sinners

I enjoyed the series, and especially because Kalafina was formed because of it.

Well, I didn't mention Shiki dealing with tragedies as much as Shiki dealing with the people burdened with those tragedies and withthe darkness that Araya-given powers dragged them into (Araya doesn't stand TOO far fm Kyuubeyin that aspect, huh :white: ). But Kirie, Fujino and Lio were living people you could actually sympathize with (even with Lio, while he still had the last bits of sanity in his last peaceful talk with Kokuto). And Araya was pretty interesting as a villain. So while that wraith thing makes sence in context, it just doesn't live up to the standard of other antagonists in the movies.

As for personal matters... Well, both Kirie and Fujino did have their eyes set on Kokuto to varying extent, so... :psst:

The antagonist of the 4th movie was Shiki herself, embodied by her death wish. Those spirits knew about her death wish and moved to carry it out for her. In the end, the zombie is the agent of the death Shiki wishes for, the "antagonist" that haunts her during the 4th. Defeating the zombie and then killing the spirits is Shiki defeating her desire to die. She may have nothing to live for, nothing to fill the emptiness within her, but she still wants to live.

Mikiya is just as much a pimp as the less-cool Shiki from Tsukihime and Shirou. He's like: :confu: and the girls are like :chuu:

Re:

Virgil said:
Kara no Kyoukai 5th movie is the one i love the most of all the movie of it specially the theme song sprinter
Mine too, also it was very long movie.
Kajiura and Ufotable also did a lovely work with music and graphic!
I liked a lot how simple and at same time deep 8th ep/"epilogue" was...

It's a pity that this series is not such famous, I absolutly love it.
I think that some famous anime, nowadays, should be deep at least 10% of this

New movie announced apparently. It will adapt Mirai Fukuin.

^Oh yeah, I read about that in 4chan, but for some reason i didn't relate to new Yuki music. :XD:

The post on 4chan said it would be a series though.

Re:

Kowz said:
^Oh yeah, I read about that in 4chan, but for some reason i didn't relate to new Yuki music. :XD:

The post on 4chan said it would be a series though.

I don't think there's enough material for a series.

MIRAI FUKUIN

:nophoto:

Although I'm not so sure about this. It may be a trainwreck.

Long answer: I went and posted something about this in the other thread, but I think I'll be happy with the results, whatever they are. The completist in me wants to see all the extra side-stories but most importantly *that* several-years-after chapter animated. It would be the icing on the cake!

Short answer: :sohappy:

I love Kara no Kyoukai. The blend of music, art, and story had me hooked throughout. Plus it introduced me to Kalafina :plot:

so... i didn't know that there is Kara no Kyoukai own thread. (i wrote about KnK in other thread... hh~)
i just watched KnK a few months ago :ohoho: guess how late i am.
at the first i felt like "KnK is so Kalafina's-first-album-ish!" then i realized that it should be "Kalafina's-first-album is so Kara no Kyoukai-ish!"

i fell in love with Shiki, and i learnt about dual personality from her. i think the 2nd is my favorite. Shiki looks so cute there, and SHIKI is cool >w<
of course I love the cool (and usual) Shiki (she can move like that in kimono!), but the high-schooler Shiki surprised me (with her cuteness) XD

my most avoided is the 7th because i was crying hard when i watched it (because i did really think that Kokutou was dead, i didn't think if Lio said lie). i don't want to cry that hard again :uh..:

after watching the movies, i ran into its light novels and soundtracks.
my favorite soundtrack : M38-39 from KnK 7th.
that's the part that made me cry~

and...
"key."
"eh?"
"you have key to my apartement, so i have to have the key to your house."
tumblr_mowru4gWDF1s4bwg7o1_500.jpg

:shy:

October 2013 release in Australia:

http://www.madman.com.au/news/supanova- ... uncements/

sinners01.jpg

After spending two years in a coma caused by a traffic accident, Shiki Ryougi awakens with amnesia. Inexplicably, she finds, in turn, that she has also obtained “Mystic Eyes of Death Perception” in which she can see the invisible lines of mortality that hold every living and non-living thing together. Working for a small independent agency, Shiki attempts to unravel the baffling mystery behind a series of abnormal, horrifying incidents, but are they a foreshadowing that leads to something even more tragic and ominous? Things are not what they appear to be on the surface, but what dark revelations lie underneath? This is a modern occult-action thriller where Shiki must tackle supernatural incidents with her special abilities while searching for a reason to live.

THE GARDEN OF SINNERS will be released in a LIMITED EDITION PREMIUM DVD BOXSET from October. Featuring 8 DVDs, 36-page Deluxe Booklet and a set of 14 postcards for $149.95 SRP in October 2013.

Is this for the new movie, or is Australia late to the party for KnK?

Huh, this seems identical to the North American DVD box set, right down to the pages in the booklet and number of postcards. I'm not familiar with Australia's retail system--would the set actually sell for $149.95 or would there be a discount? (The technical retail price for the North American version is US$189.98, but it sells for US$149.98. US dollar is a bit higher than the Australian one right now but not by a whole lot).

Anyway, France and Germany probably got the best deal, with their giant bluray package, all the soundtrack CDs, and oversized artbook. Only downside is no epilogue, but that's not completely necessary. A part of me still wishes I'd bought an all-region bluray player so I could import the French release.

Still, if this Australian release is comparable to the US one, I really recommend it. Despite all the violence and slow pacing, Garden of Sinners is becomes a moving, beautiful, and strangely uplifting story by the end. I hope this set is just as well-made as the US one (I'm beginning to suspect it's the exact same thing).

Should've phrased myself better. I didn't mean that it'd be just the US box imported. Region code and PAL vs. NTSC has got to change or it'd be no different than importing the US box. (Of course, this means video quality might not be exactly the same as the US DVDs) I'm just speculating that the packaging and extras will be similar considering the description.

Pic/description of US DVD box in case anyone's interested: http://aniplexusa.com/thegardenofsinners/

In my CD-Japan email:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... BK-1561521

Kara no Kyokai the Garden of sinners Zengashu (Complete Art Book) + Mirai Fukuin extra chorus
日本語タイトル: 空の境界 the Garden of s/ 武内崇/著
Takeuchi Takashi
Price 3300yen (3465yen Tax incl.)
US$ 33.26
Points You Earn: 33 points (1%)
Format BOOK
Release Date 2013/10
Availability May take up to 1-2 weeks after the release date

NEOBK-1561521.jpg

Attachments

• NEOBK-1561521.jpg
    NEOBK-1561521.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 342
Re:

Kugayama said:
^ I might ask the Australian distributor if it is PAL encoded rather than the US NTSC encoding.

It reports as 720 * 576, 50 fps in VLC - does that make it PAL?

20131015140.jpg

Attachments

• 20131015140.jpg
    20131015140.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 354
Back